The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 10-19-2018, 10:50 PM   #1
Donnie
Something from the Past

Waxwork Records TMNT 1990 Score on Vinyl

For those of you who share a love for vinyl records, Waxwork Records has just released the remastered John DuPrez 1990 TMNT movie score on vinyl. The 2-disc vinyl set was remastered from the original master tapes. They offer an edition for each Turtle (bandanna color + green) along with Splinter (brown + gray), the Foot (black + red), April (yellow + pink), and Casey (sky blue + white).

I ordered the Donatello edition. The tracks Waxwork posted on Soundcloud sound absolutely amazing and I can't wait to get my hands on this!

Here's the link:
Waxwork Records TMNT 1990 Score on Vinyl
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 11:24 PM   #2
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Thanks for posting I’m sure I’ll snag one
Old 10-19-2018, 11:29 PM   #3
Toitlefan
Hench Mutant

I bought one of these on Kevin Eastmans website so it will be signed by him. The only downside to that is I didn’t get to choose what variant it is. I believe they are all green and orange. I wouldn’t mind getting a couple different colors but I’m not sure I can justify spending the money for basically the same thing.
Toitlefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 08:02 AM   #4
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I really like the Splinter and Foot Clan color schemes, even though I don't plan on getting into vinyl fandom.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 11:49 AM   #5
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Lots of discussion about the vinyl over here at this thread as well. I ended getting the Raphael variant (of course) yesterday and I'm so excited to finally get my hands on this. Last night when I checked both the Michelangelo and April O' Neil variants were sold out, but looks like they're both available again.

The only real slight nitpick I have with this release is I'm not 100% sold on the cover art. I know it's Eastman and all, but it feels more like an IDW comic variant than anything that feels like a representation of the film. I don't know, maybe I'm a little spoiled by how incredible MONDO's recent 1990 film posters have been that it just doesn't really click with me all that much. Yeah, I'm sure it was cool to get Kevin involved and it's special to have a franchise creator have input ... but it overall doesn't gel with me as much as I'd like it to.

Still ... I've been begging MONDO and Waxwork to finally get the John Du Prez score on vinyl for years now it seems so it's amazing that we're finally actually getting this!
Old 10-20-2018, 12:12 PM   #6
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Pretty awesome, I would totally grab one as a collectable if only it cost what it would have back in 1990.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 02:23 PM   #7
Panda Khan
Foot Soldier

I was lucky and got a signed copy on Kevin's site as it dropped. I saw 70 listed at the beginning but they went very fast. According to his Instagram, the copies on his site were the orange variants only.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:40 PM   #8
Roseangelo
Emperor

I got the Splinter variant. The turtle colors were a little too bright for my liking.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 09:52 PM   #9
DVD
Mad Scientist

I’ve got to have one of these. Thanks for making it known ,
Signed up for an account, and requiring about postage.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 03:03 AM   #10
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

i got a Leonardo one, but kinda bummed it doesnt have this song on it. i like this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2H4b9AKT5I

or any of the songs by other artists like MC Hammer
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 07:13 AM   #11
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
i got a Leonardo one, but kinda bummed it doesnt have this song on it. i like this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2H4b9AKT5I

or any of the songs by other artists like MC Hammer
I feel like that song will be on the score ... but the title is more than likely different on the score or it's included in section with another track. That's just my guess though.

I also have the original soundtrack on vinyl too, it's a fun early 90s soundtrack filled with new jack swing and early hip hop. 9.95!
Old 10-21-2018, 08:25 AM   #12
statik
Foot Soldier

I had a friend pick up NYCC Shredder variant. Hoping to listen to it today.
statik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 01:31 PM   #13
Donnie
Something from the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
I also have the original soundtrack on vinyl too, it's a fun early 90s soundtrack filled with new jack swing and early hip hop. 9.95!
I'm pretty sure this release is totally instrumental. As much as I love 9.95 (best track!) I'm excited for just the straight up instrumental score. "It's Time to Go Back" has always been my favorite part!

The Splinter version would have been my second choice, but I can only afford one, and obviously I went with Donatello.

I love the sound of vinyl. People with a musical ear will notice the differences between the sound quality of a vinyl record (warm and live sounding) compared to the compressed, high-treble CD/mp3 quality.
Old 10-22-2018, 03:48 PM   #14
DVD
Mad Scientist

Waxworks got back to me today, confirming international shipping via DHL.
So it’s, go for this release. Ordering the Leo version, but I’d be happy with any of the variants.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 11:09 AM   #15
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
I'm pretty sure this release is totally instrumental. As much as I love 9.95 (best track!) I'm excited for just the straight up instrumental score. "It's Time to Go Back" has always been my favorite part!

The Splinter version would have been my second choice, but I can only afford one, and obviously I went with Donatello.

I love the sound of vinyl. People with a musical ear will notice the differences between the sound quality of a vinyl record (warm and live sounding) compared to the compressed, high-treble CD/mp3 quality.
Oh yeah, I totally know this is the full score. I'm just saying in ADDITION to this release, a few years back I actually bought the original 1990 soundtrack on vinyl off Discogs as well!

Old 10-23-2018, 11:29 AM   #16
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 11:53 AM   #17
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Thanks for posting that immensely flattering photo of me! I was just in the middle of downloading retro games too on my Raspberry Pi while discussing ambient noisecore with my vegan friends. <3
Old 10-23-2018, 01:08 PM   #18
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Thanks for posting that immensely flattering photo of me! I was just in the middle of downloading retro games too on my Raspberry Pi while discussing ambient noisecore with my vegan friends. <3
Raspberry Pi? I play all of my retro games on the original cartridges/CRT. More analog warmth, plus a nice shelf for my micro-brew and beard oils.

The 1990 and SOTO soundtracks have KILLER pressings. 90s dance/hip hop engineers didn't slack with vinyl mastering.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 04:07 PM   #19
Donnie
Something from the Past

Quote:
Lol and to add to this, Andrew, I don't use hair gel. If you seriously don't hear the difference in quality between vinyl and CD/mp3... well...

Quote:
Oh yeah, I totally know this is the full score. I'm just saying in ADDITION to this release, a few years back I actually bought the original 1990 soundtrack on vinyl off Discogs as well!
That's awesome man! Nice piece to the collection.
Old 10-25-2018, 01:14 AM   #20
funatic
Mad Scientist

well as long as we're accruing hipster cred... the NYCC vinyl I got is an excellent compliment to the Turtle Power picture disc I found at my local record store last year: https://www.discogs.com/Partners-In-...elease/1303066
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote