The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-22-2020, 05:24 PM   #101
Coola Yagami
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
because the insanity level is notched up to 120%. and it's on 24/7. people are just tired of it.
I'm honestly more tired of it being true every time.

And yeah right. You can't tell me there wasn't this much heckling when George Dubya was in office. Maybe it feels heightened more now due to social media, but he was basically the Homer Simpson of back then to Trump's Peter Griffin today.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 05:39 PM   #102
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I can't help but notice that more and more things are eliminating Comments Sections entirely more recently. Whether it's YouTube videos or news articles or whatever else, there's this very strong "We don't want to hear it" business going on.

I don't like that. Aren't people supposed to give feedback? Isn't there supposed to be a dialogue, an exchange of ideas? Aren't people supposed to be able to expand on what they Like and/or Don't Like about something? Sure, the bulk of any comments section is total nonsense, but I don't think that's a good reason to shut down conversation entirely. There's no nuance whatsoever in a Like/Dislike system with no further extrapolation. That ain't good.

I'unno. It's just something I noticed happening a lot lately and it feels very Orwellian.
Yeah, once Yahoo "temporarily" closed comments on all articles in the name of "safe spaces" or whatever, it pretty much killed the whole reason to bother with their articles.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 07:04 PM   #103
sdp
WeaR VeaR VR

I havent' used comment sections have always been trash, haven't used one since I was a teenager so they're better off gone. The only time I ever use them is when a video has a song I don't know and surely the answer is in the comments but I mean I could always just use Shazam.

PM me for an invite to the TechnoDrome Discord
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 10:21 PM   #104
Coola Yagami
Emperor

I know Youtube recently started something that if they deem the video as being for kids, they just remove comments automatically.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 10-23-2020, 03:24 AM   #105
Mayhem
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I know Youtube recently started something that if they deem the video as being for kids, they just remove comments automatically.
There was something introduced recently on YT whereby you could flag any of your content as being safe for kids, maybe this is one side effect of that?
Old 10-23-2020, 04:25 AM   #106
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

An exchange of ideas suggest a give and take. Usually only insults and snide one-liners are given, and only offense at disagreement is taken.

Nothing new is generated. It's a mad scramble for righteous indignation. Like all other abused privileges, an open forum has been rescinded.

Unfortunate but necessary.
Voltron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 01:47 PM   #107
Leo656
The Franchise

So... "I don't wanna hear it" = "Privilege Rescinded".

The problem with this, obviously, is that it assumes an arbitrary "ruling class" that decides what kinds of discourse is allowed and what isn't. Which is... problematic.

This specific topic is just about a nonsense cartoon show. But I'm definitely not okay with the idea that there are people in charge of deciding who Is and Isn't allowed to talk, and what they're allowed to say. That's what you're advocating for, and as I've said many times in the past, I absolutely don't agree with it.

The human race as a whole would do well to be less sensitive, than in getting into the habit of making "Everybody Stifle, I don't wanna hear it" a hard rule.

"Ergmagerrrrd, some people say Dumb Sh*t sometimes. Now NOBODY can say anything because I said so." That ain't a good look regardless of where it's applied.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 02:11 PM   #108
Sumac
Foot Elite

Quote:
This specific topic is just about a nonsense cartoon show. But I'm definitely not okay with the idea that there are people in charge of deciding who Is and Isn't allowed to talk, and what they're allowed to say. That's what you're advocating for, and as I've said many times in the past, I absolutely don't agree with it.
This usually lasts until brave censorship advocates are hit with their own banhammers. Then they cry and whine "why us?", but at this point monster is out of the bag and devours everything.

See, this is why people who propose authoritarianism for the sake of "the better society and to silence bad people" are ignorant retards: it always leads to the same thing - total censorship of everyone and everything according to the needs of the elites in power and their current ideology.
And it usually doesn't stop at the harmful stuff, it effects literally everything, no matter how little and harmless it is.

This is why all this "we gonna filter content to remove harmful stuff" and "deplatforming / canceling" **** is hilarious and disgusting for me to see, because, I know that those who today are canceling, will be canceled tomorrow themselves for the wrong think, no matter how little or imaginary it is and the world definitely won't be a better place after all those "removals" and "cancelations". It will be more empty and stupid, but not better.

On the other hand, if you are a commie parasite loser, ready to burn your town, because, corporations and politicians say it is a right think to do, I guess, empty and stupid fits you just right.

Bottom line, most countries already has laws against extremism. Allowing corporations and politicians to decide who can say what in addition to it, is just a way to destroy freedom of speech and create society of double-thinking cowards.
Old 10-23-2020, 02:51 PM   #109
Leo656
The Franchise

When you're right, you're right.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 06:10 AM   #110
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Quote:
So... "I don't wanna hear it" = "Privilege Rescinded".
Yes. That's exactly what it means.

Quote:
The problem with this, obviously, is that it assumes an arbitrary "ruling class" that decides what kinds of discourse is allowed and what isn't. Which is... problematic.
Careful. That's liberal talk.

Quote:
Nobody cares what you agree with. You don't own anything, so you don't get to say anything. You got a problem? Take it up with the "ruling class".

You want private property to remain private? Then private corporations get to decide when you get to air your thoughts on THEIR forums.

If you want to take that right from them, then YOU'RE literally robbing them of their free speech. Because it's their stuff. You don't get to do what you want with it.

This isn't infringing on free speech. Your rights aren't being violated. The Constitution does not guarantee your right to do whatever you want wherever you want whenever you want. It says the government will not make a law censoring you. Youtube can censor you all they want.

To put it in terms you might understand: you can play with my toys in the sandbox at the park, but you can't take them home with you. I'm just being nice. I don't even have to let you play with them.

Also, don't tell me what I'm advocating for.

Last edited by Voltron; 10-24-2020 at 06:20 AM.
Voltron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 10:44 AM   #111
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Animaniacs (2020): Take Two

I feel it was my fault the original thread got locked by mentioning the Youtube comments thing (which has been since resolved), so let's try this again since I believe people will want their say on this.

ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 11:31 AM   #112
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Voltron...come on man. No need to go draconian just because you feel you can.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 11:32 AM   #113
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Oh. Right. We're back.

Sorry I kicked up all that fuss in the first place bringing up the disabled comments thing, didn't intend for all the drama, it's not an issue anymore on the site, so let's press on.
Old 10-24-2020, 10:48 PM   #114
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Yeah, once Yahoo "temporarily" closed comments on all articles in the name of "safe spaces" or whatever, it pretty much killed the whole reason to bother with their articles.
Or like how Ghostbusters 2016 made IMDB remove their message boards and Captain Marvel made Rottentomatoes change their whole voting system. These are the same ideologies at play, really.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 10:51 PM   #115
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Or like how Ghostbusters 2016 made IMDB remove their message boards and Captain Marvel made Rottentomatoes change their whole voting system. These are the same ideologies at play, really.
And yet Captain Marvel still has a low audience score.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 03:08 AM   #116
Coola Yagami
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
And yet Captain Marvel still has a low audience score.
In the end they can lead the horse to water but they can't make it drink

Old 10-25-2020, 05:51 AM   #117
Sumac
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
Careful. That's liberal talk.
Welcome to the real world, where people can have nuanced opinions, not just being "left" and "right".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
Nobody cares what you agree with. You don't own anything, so you don't get to say anything. You got a problem? Take it up with the "ruling class".

You want private property to remain private? Then private corporations get to decide when you get to air your thoughts on THEIR forums.

If you want to take that right from them, then YOU'RE literally robbing them of their free speech. Because it's their stuff. You don't get to do what you want with it.

This isn't infringing on free speech. Your rights aren't being violated. The Constitution does not guarantee your right to do whatever you want wherever you want whenever you want. It says the government will not make a law censoring you. Youtube can censor you all they want.

To put it in terms you might understand: you can play with my toys in the sandbox at the park, but you can't take them home with you. I'm just being nice. I don't even have to let you play with them.

Also, don't tell me what I'm advocating for.
Apparently salty Volty doesn't get what is freedom of speech.
But that's to be expected from the lefty in Canada. It's like expecting what freedom is from someone from Soviet Union.
When you have only one type of freedom, which benefits YOU, it's kind of easy to forget what real freedom is.
Old 10-28-2020, 06:52 PM   #118
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

This sucks I loved Thaddeus Plotz but I guess this fits with current Warner Brothers being run by women

Thaddeus Plotz will retire and not be present as a new female Latina CEO will take over the studio.

I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 07:20 PM   #119
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Welcome to the real world, where people can have nuanced opinions, not just being "left" and "right".
4 more years of this type of modding? ugh...better hunker down ;o).

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 03:52 AM   #120
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
This sucks I loved Thaddeus Plotz but I guess this fits with current Warner Brothers being run by women

Thaddeus Plotz will retire and not be present as a new female Latina CEO will take over the studio.
And this is why nobody should bother with this show. They cannot be what they once were in this current climate and won't be allowed to be.