The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2008, 03:32 PM   #1
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Vintage TMNT manga in English!

OldManWinters was kind enough to send me scans of the manga adaptation of "Catwoman of Channel 6". I translated the whole thing into English and will be posting 11 pages a week at my site until I run out (the whole thing is 49 pages).

Due to the rules about scans here at the Technodrome, I can't provide the link, but if you're interested, I can PM it to you.

Anyhow, the manga is...special.

You can tell that they didn't put a whole lot of time, money or effort into it, at least this early on (from what I've seen, the Super Mutant Turtles manga is of much greater quality).

Yoshimi Hamada has a tendency to blatantly recycle artwork, which can get more than a little obvious.

Still, the manga has some value as a curiosity if anything else. It is kind of funny to see them interject various manga-style slapstick and sight gags into the plots of the US cartoons. Though not exactly hilarious, they're somewhat interesting.

Something I noticed that DID catch me by surprise is that all the Turtles constantly refer to April as "kanojo". It's a term essentially meaning "sweetheart", "honey" or "baby". They seem to be a little more familiar with her in the Japanese version, that's for sure.

Anyhow, this stuff isn't high art by any stretch of the imagination, but it'll kill a few minutes.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manga, tmnt entity