The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 09-20-2016, 05:37 PM   #61
joe-eyeball
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
You remind me of Burt from 'Tremors'!
No way Burt is a Hawks fan! I'm a Cavs fan! Oh, I'm also not a redneck!
joe-eyeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 05:59 PM   #62
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yeah, well, when that fictional zombie apocalypse 'happens' we'll see how long you gun guys last.

Ah, after a long while the macho guy with the gun has run out of ammo and can't locate anymore, huh? Shame. Better get behind that lady with the big blade in her hands and simply a sharpener in her pocket.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 06:12 PM   #63
joe-eyeball
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Yeah, well, when that fictional zombie apocalypse 'happens' we'll see how long you gun guys last.

Ah, after a long while the macho guy with the gun has run out of ammo and can't locate anymore, huh? Shame. Better get behind that lady with the big blade in her hands and simply a sharpener in her pocket.
What a ridiculous post! Everyone that owns a gun is prepping for a zombie apocalypse and we are all "macho." Hilarious! Oh by the way I also own a knife and sharpener!
Old 09-20-2016, 06:15 PM   #64
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Incredible! This man is a human tank!
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 06:30 PM   #65
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Don't forget to pack a sense a humor alongside all the artillery, joey.

Old 09-20-2016, 06:36 PM   #66
joe-eyeball
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Don't forget to pack a sense a humor alongside all the artillery, joey.

https://d2arxad8u2l0g7.cloudfront.ne...8ra/751468.gif
Right, because sarcasm in your post came through so clearly! Don't deny that you actually believe in what wrote, even if only in some part. Also read my response and see that little sh!t eating grin at the end of it? That's me showing a sense of humor regarding your post!
Old 09-20-2016, 07:18 PM   #67
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Whatever you say, dear.

A person would have to try a lot harder than that to actually get me into an silly internet argument because they didn't like my opinion on something they're passionate about.
Old 09-20-2016, 07:25 PM   #68
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:

You and me Indigo. We'll BOTH be the ladies with big blades when the Zompocalypse comes. Let all the "macho" guys worry about digging up ammo when they run out. I'll ALWAYS be prepared.... (For the record, I also keep a short but heavy metal bar in my purse for when I'm away from home and my blades. Much easer to get out than a gun. It doesn't require a permit or special classes, either....)

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:26 PM   #69
joe-eyeball
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Whatever you say, dear.

A person would have to try a lot harder than that to actually get me into an silly internet argument because they didn't like my opinion on something they're passionate about.
What a coincidence I was just thinking the same thing!
Goodnight sunshine!
Old 09-20-2016, 08:11 PM   #70
snake
Disgusting

Pfft. Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.

Kid.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:29 PM   #71
Commenter 42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Came for the hyperbole, staying for the victim blaming.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:39 PM   #72
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
You and me Indigo. We'll BOTH be the ladies with big blades when the Zompocalypse comes. Let all the "macho" guys worry about digging up ammo when they run out. I'll ALWAYS be prepared.... (For the record, I also keep a short but heavy metal bar in my purse for when I'm away from home and my blades. Much easer to get out than a gun. It doesn't require a permit or special classes, either....)
If the Walking Dead has taught us anything (aside from how to string us along with B.S. cliffhangers), it's that it's not the zombies you have to worry about in the zombie apocalypse... it's the people. And they're probably not all packing knives and sharp sticks.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:44 PM   #73
Navin Johnson
Stone Warrior

I have several guns, I have a carry permit and carry almost daily. I know the Laws in my state. I hunt small game. I was raised around guns and never thought of it being a big deal.
Old 09-20-2016, 09:11 PM   #74
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
I have several guns, I have a carry permit and carry almost daily. I know the Laws in my state. I hunt small game. I was raised around guns and never thought of it being a big deal.
Its NOT a big deal.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 09:25 PM   #75
ssjup81
Foot Elite

I guess for me, I don’t have a problem with the actual amendment, I guess, but I do feel that it’s terribly outdated and seriously needs to be updated. At the time it was originally set up, jt made sense that the country had the right to form an organized, militia to protect everyone from actual invaders. I don’t own a gun and never have and neither has anyone in my immediate family. In all honesty, outside of Walmart, I’ve never even seen a gun. Never fired one, etc. I just don’t feel there’s a need for it and feel that the country needs better gun laws…how to go about that…I dunno. I still do feel that the US has an unnatural obsession with them.

Hm, this topic got me thinking to how the gun laws are here in Japan. It’s a very extensive process, which is probably why gun ownership is so low here.

First and foremost, you have to be at least 18 to put in for a gun license. One of the requirements is to state a legit, and genuine reason why you want to own a firearm, like if you want to hunt or I guess if you’re a collector. You also have to do an extensive background check, which includes a mental health check and if you have any addictions. I guess if you’re an alcoholic, maybe you’re rejected or something. I never did ask what could disqualify you regarding “addictions”, but I’ll assume drug addiction. I also think you need a reference and I’m pretty sure that you have to take classes focusing on proper gun use, storage, safety, etc.

The gun license has to be renewed every two or three years, iirc, which means the mental health check and stuff again. Also, every gun sold by shops (and I think the same goes for ammo) has to be in a public registry.

Maybe that’s why gun fatalities are so low here. I guess it’s too easy to trace it back to the owner if used as, to my knowledge, your local police department has a record of gun owners in their jurisdiction. I only say that about those who actually you know, kill people, but seems knives are the thing here where that’s concerned.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 09:35 PM   #76
Katie
Just...way too serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Hm, I don't think I've seen that thread. Is there a story behind this? I'm curious. Do you mean during hunting?
No, it was awhile ago. I still lived in Nashville in a pretty sh!tty neighborhood. My across the hall neighbor was a meth cooker/dealer and one night when I was taking my dog out I accidentally opened my door when he was out there and i surprised him. He surprised me with a .22. It went through my shoulder but only because I turned away as he shot. If I had stood still he would have killed me.

In that situation there was no time for me to do anything. Even if I had been armed it happened too fast. There was always stuff happening in that neighborhood, but I was never scared and I do not own a gun. I feel that in a neighborhood like that one, if it is known you have a gun, you become a target. No gun, no problems. The lady next door had guns and her place was broken in to on the regular.

Just my 2 cents. Guns are not for me. I don't care for them, Don't care if people have them with restrictions.
Old 09-20-2016, 09:48 PM   #77
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
If the Walking Dead has taught us anything (aside from how to string us along with B.S. cliffhangers), it's that it's not the zombies you have to worry about in the zombie apocalypse... it's the people. And they're probably not all packing knives and sharp sticks.
At least until all the ammo is gone. One thing I've learned from my stepdud is that unless you can fill your own, you are going to find it difficult to aquire any after the first couple of months have passed because everyone will have already raided it all. And probably used most of it by that point too. People seem to think the stuff grows on trees or something, but believe it or not, it can be hard to come by. Plus, one has to find the right kind for the gun they are using, or both become useless. Its funny how people forget little details like that. Or the fact that in a self-defense situation, the person who is ready first is usually the one who wins- not neccessarily the one with the most "powerful" weapon.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 10:10 PM   #78
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

What really bothers and disappoints me is the gun-shaming that has been happening. Every time there's any sort of shooting, I see 10-20 crazies on Facebook talking about, "If you're a gun owner or an NRA member, UNFRIEND ME RIGHT NOW!!! You people are part of the problem!" I acquiesce of course. The articles that sprout up, the apologists... it's insane, and appears to get a little worse every time, to the point that the actual gun owners and such are afraid to even say anything back anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
At least until all the ammo is gone. One thing I've learned from my stepdud is that unless you can fill your own, you are going to find it difficult to aquire any after the first couple of months have passed because everyone will have already raided it all. And probably used most of it by that point too. People seem to think the stuff grows on trees or something, but believe it or not, it can be hard to come by. Plus, one has to find the right kind for the gun they are using, or both become useless. Its funny how people forget little details like that. Or the fact that in a self-defense situation, the person who is ready first is usually the one who wins- not neccessarily the one with the most "powerful" weapon.
You'd still want one around. You really want to roll the dice that no one else on the planet has a gun, or aren't coming to raid you for your stuff (or your life, or body, or worse) while you hold your butter knife?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 10:49 PM   #79
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

There's no rational discourse left to be had regarding firearms.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 11:42 PM   #80
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
That's a good point.
I'm curious, do homeowners who have firearms have to declare that on any homeowner's insurance policy, much the same way some policies require the declaration of "bully breeds?"

Seriously, I'm just looking out for the Good Guy With The Gun who accidentally shoots an innocent bystander. Because I can tell you right now, I'm suing the ever living bajebus out of anyone who shoots me, either intentionally or not. Medical consts are high, and even people with insurance have to declare bankruptcy to cover them sometimes. You'd better believe I'm not footing that bill alone.
Thats why I shoot to kill
lol
Thats one thing that scares me though are these horror stories of people defending themselves/homes from intruders by shooting them and getting sued by the assailant.

But if a gun owner wrongfully shoots someone intentionally or not then they should have to pay. You are completely right Plastron medical bills are ridiculously expensive, I was buried in medical bills at one point.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
confirmation bias, government protect me, kill all men, take away my rights plz, the constitution rocks, victim cafe