The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 04-20-2019, 10:41 PM   #541
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I wouldn't know, I generally stay the hell outta Newark if I can help it.
Hmm I've heard Newark has a lot of people of Portuguese ancestry...
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 01:23 PM   #542
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Gross. But hey, let's plan this Hooter's trip! All 3 of us. 4 if Indigo wants to come!
I call shotgun!

Quote:
Not having met them I can't say for certain, but I know myself pretty well, and based on various conversations I'd wager a guess that for all our collective cynicism, Andrew, CKD and myself probably laugh more than anyone you know. At some point, it's just well beyond "Fool me once, etc." and you simply stop having patience for nonsense and/or lies. "I'll believe it when I see it" becomes the rule. Doesn't have anything to do with being Happy or Sad. It's literally a way to deflect from disappointment, nothing more.

Besides, the boneless wings at Hooters are generally not too bad. It'll be fun. I'm willing to wager you've never had a chick named "Tanqueray" bring you your food. Gotta be open to new experiences, pal!
I'm like Uncle Albert in Mary Poppins, fvcking love to laugh. I'm just not high on the ceiling with Dick Van Dyke.

How the fvck do you even pronounce Tanqueray? Leo, that has to be a real name you've encountered, because there's no way anyone could make that $hit up.

And I'm just glad to be lumped in with the company of Andrew and Leo. That's like getting to be Larry in the 3 Stooges. Yeah, nobody remembers you compared to Moe and Curly (or Moe and Shemp), but hell, you get fewer beatings.
Old 04-21-2019, 02:44 PM   #543
Leo656
The Franchise

That would be pronounced "Tank-Er-Ay", like the liquor.

She usually works while Cristal (Chris-TALL) is on a break.

Boneless wings taste better when served by a bubbly broad in white high-top sneakers and orange booty shorts who named themselves after alcohol. Scientific fact.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 01:53 PM   #544
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

So we can almost guarantee this movie won't be good.

Anyone want to have a guess how bad it'll be?
Old 05-04-2019, 02:11 PM   #545
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatswiththeheadbands? View Post
So we can almost guarantee this movie won't be good.

Anyone want to have a guess how bad it'll be?
Bad enough to start a shared cinematic universe with the Sonic movie

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 04:40 AM   #546
Wildcat
Foot Elite

It has to be better than the last 2. Being a separate thing is a good sign even though we know nothing yet.

For the record I do not actually hate or despise them. There’s things I liked that they did but overall they just came off very average or below average to me.

I saw a video speculating if the new one could be set in the same universe as the 90s movies (I guess TMNT also). That’d be interesting. Especially if they aged the turtles.
Old 05-05-2019, 10:26 PM   #547
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
That would be pronounced "Tank-Er-Ay", like the liquor.
I always pronounce it "Tang-Ger-Ray." But it's proper pronunciation is "nasty sh**."

And no, the new movie doesn't have to be better than the last two. I suspect they will have learned absolutely the wrong lessons from those, though I'd happily be wrong on that. There's no reason to think things will be any different this go around.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 10:45 AM   #548
sdp
-

I'm guessing this project is already in development hell.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 10:58 AM   #549
AquaParade
Banned

Here's my current sliver of optimism:

This project spends a few more years in development hell, Marvel releases Shang-Chi film to phenomenal success, PD exec's see martial artist swinging nunchucks around on screen, try and copy approach, which is slightly more sophisticated and true to the roots, than anything else they had in mind.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 11:02 AM   #550
sdp
-

Yes, I think I mentioned it elsewhere, if we're getting a new movie I'd rather wait a while and get a totally new team work on it with new ideas. If it's the same PD people who made the first 2 I'd just rather have a soft-reboot where it's the same thing but fixing some of the problems.

I just don't want PDs to mess up an entirely different take on the franchise and ruin the chances of other future movies. Better they continue to mess up the ideas they created.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 11:11 AM   #551
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Hopefully the money Paramount was going to spend on the TMNT reboot is going to Sonic's redesign.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 02:31 PM   #552
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Hopefully the money Paramount was going to spend on the TMNT reboot is going to Sonic's redesign.
If they're gonna do that, then it's gotta go fast.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 06:55 AM   #553
Diorm
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Hopefully it's not just the redesign.
Diorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 10:55 AM   #554
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
if we're getting a new movie I'd rather wait a while and get a totally new team work on it with new ideas. If it's the same PD people who made the first 2 I'd just rather have a soft-reboot where it's the same thing but fixing some of the problems.
I agree with you, but you never know, people can surprise you with a second pass on the same material (see Mangold's work on The Wolverine vs Logan, for example).

I don't know. I try to give benefit of the doubt until I see something. Batman vs TMNT seem to go over well, and that had more grit to it than most TMNT fare, so maybe they'll take notes...? ...Maybe?
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 01:07 PM   #555
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Taking notes from it would be nice. But PD taking the wrong notes is how likely..? *laugh cry*

Hope it's not too late to do so. (Or I guess never too late to make late alterations for the better?) Though something I'd recently seen about Lindsey Beer that mentioned her involvement with TMNT states that she'd "recently wrote"... past tense.

While I don't assume one little word in a random article means it's done, it has been a while and (now that I checked) just over a year ago, this week in fact, since they announced hiring Andrew Dodge for it, so might it be? Or in a revision stage where producers decide on all the parts they want to eff up?

I hope these two have a better vision and understanding of the material, in a good way. No pressure guys.... Actually, no, given the last two films and the PD minion writers that were given those projects, lots of pressure, I'm sorry. lol

Hope we'll at least hear some tidbit of info about it this summer.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 10:12 AM   #556
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

How many grains of salt should I take it with...? I don't even know anymore. I'm guessing this probably came up in the same conversation where the thought of a live action show came up?

Quote:
https://comicbook.com/movies/2019/07...ans-paramount/

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Co-Creator Kevin Eastman Says Paramount Has Plans for a New Movie

By Charlie Ridgely - July 25, 2019 09:12 am EDT

It didn't take long for the recent reboot of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles films to run out of steam. After a fairly successful debut in 2014, the Michael Bay-produced franchise trailed off significantly in its second outing, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows. It was clear after the critical lashing and lack of box office success that this series was already over, but that doesn't mean that the Turtles are finished on the big screen. In fact, it seems as though there are already conversations being had about how to move the story in a new direction.

Ninja Turtles co-creator Kevin Eastman spoke with ComicBook.com recently about the future of the entire TMNT property, and he teased that there is something special potentially in the works regarding the big screen adaptations.

"Stay tuned," Eastman teased. "It is a work in progress cause, you know, the experiences and so the fans reactions plus and minus to the 2014, 2016 movie, uh, Paramount I believe had taken those to heart and where they'd like to see the next reiteration go to so I think its going to be a next level type of stuff which I'm excited to see."

This could mean multiple things. Eastman could be talking about a continuation of the 2014 and 2016 TMNT films, just with a different creative direction. More likely, the Turtles will be getting a brand new start the next time they venture into theaters.

When the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were initially rebooted in 2014, their first film opened to $65 million domestically in its first weekend, on the way to a $191 million haul in North America and $493 million worldwide. With a budget of $125 million that's not a horrible performance. However, the sequel suffered tremendously. Even with a bigger budget, 2016's Out of the Shadows managed just $245 million globally, right around half the total of its predecessor.

Changes clearly needed to be made if the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles wanted to find on the big screen in the future, and it looks as though Eastman and Paramount are looking to do just that.
Funny that it's still being spoke about as if we haven't already known for more than a year that something is being planned.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 11:02 AM   #557
AquaParade
Banned

I'm honestly really excited to hear news about it. Didn't care for the last two PD films at all, but hope springs eternal. There's always a chance it could be good.
My expectations are in check, so there's not much room for disappointment.
Old 07-25-2019, 11:55 AM   #558
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
There's always a chance it could be good.
How??? The fact they're bring back most of the same people involved with the first two films shows they probably didn't learn anything. If anything it'll likely be just the same quality wise.

Also it's always best to take anything Eastman says with a massive dose of salt. This was the same guy saying we'd get fight scenes similar to The Raid.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 01:17 PM   #559
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
How??? The fact they're bring back most of the same people involved with the first two films shows they probably didn't learn anything. If anything it'll likely be just the same quality wise.

Also it's always best to take anything Eastman says with a massive dose of salt. This was the same guy saying we'd get fight scenes similar to The Raid.
First off, you and Galactus both make great points about Kevin Eastman. He's not a very reliable source in that way.

Secondly, my belief is based on past history in Hollywood.

The same studio that put out the unspeakable X-Men Origins: Wolverine also released the inventive Logan and Deadpool films.

The same studio that created the disaster, Spider-Man 3, also released the renowned Spider-Man 2.

The same studio that released The Dark Knight released Justice League.

We've seen the same studios, and even directors, create something both terrible and loveable within the span of a few years, time and time again. It's also worth mentioning that Michael Bay, Andrew Form, and Brad fuller, the men producing these films, also produced "A Quiet Place" - one of the best reviewed films of last year.

"The same team behind The horrible TMNT films is also responsible for "A Quiet Place"?!"
Yes. It just goes to show you. (For the record, I'm not a humongous fan of A Quiet Place, but I don't think I need to argue that it's, by far, a higher quality film than the PD TMNT films, right?)

Sure it could suck, but I think it's overly cynical to assume that is the only possible outcome, based on what I've listed above.

Last edited by AquaParade; 07-25-2019 at 01:30 PM.
Old 07-25-2019, 11:18 PM   #560
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
How many grains of salt should I take it with...? I don't even know anymore. I'm guessing this probably came up in the same conversation where the thought of a live action show came up?

Funny that it's still being spoke about as if we haven't already known for more than a year that something is being planned.
What the heck does Eastman mean by "next level type of stuff"?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just.. why?, kill me now, papenbrook the troll, thedefinitionofinsanity, vote of no confidence