The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you believe in aliens?
No, I do not believe in the existence of aliens 7 18.42%
Yes, I believe that aliens exist, but I do not believe that they have visited Earth 10 26.32%
Yes I believe that aliens exist & that they've visited Earth but not influenced human affairs 6 15.79%
Yes, I believe that aliens exist, and that they have visited Earth and influenced human affairs 15 39.47%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-29-2020, 12:06 PM   #61
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quite spooky. Would be interesting to hear some that catch whatever tones might be produced from large earthquakes or volcanic eruptions.

Our planet kind of sounds like a UFO all on its own.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 01:55 PM   #62
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Honestly, I think it sounds more like it's screaming in pain. And with good reason, or so it would seem. (We really ARE killing Mother Earth, whether we admit it or not....)

On a related "note", some of our neighboring planets sound quite "alien", themselves. Saturn and Mars, especially.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 02:34 PM   #63
Leo656
The Franchise

Nah. "Atlas" only gotta shrug once and we're all dead, like fleas off a dog's back. It's only happened hundreds of times in the billions of years this planet has existed. Things have been WAY worse than this. There's been everything from thousand-year long skies full of volcanic ash to boiling seas to ice ages and everything in between.

To paraphrase The Master (George Carlin): Some styrofoam peanuts and plastic bags are NOT gonna "kill" the planet. That's a supremely arrogant position to take, which assumes that Humankind has a lot more influence and power than we actually do. The second "Mother Earth" decides she's had enough, that's it, we're gone. And then some other species will rise up and take our place, hopefully something Godzilla-adjacent.

To quote Carlin directly: "The planet is fine. The people are f*cked."

And I'm perfectly fine with that.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 02:51 PM   #64
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Regardless of whether aliens exist or not, I don't believe that it is right for governments to spend millions searching for them when there are so many more important things to worry about.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 03:10 PM   #65
Leo656
The Franchise

Not if they turn out to be Steppenwolf.

Old 07-30-2020, 04:02 AM   #66
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

The universe is too darn huge to just have us as the only sentient beings that dream of seeing other worlds. But, outer space isn't the friendliest of realms and Earth's gravitational pull doesn't play nice with anything that is caught within it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Not if they turn out to be Steppenwolf.
Good Lord, it has been a long minute since I've last heard about that band.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 09:33 AM   #67
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFell View Post
The universe is too darn huge to just have us as the only sentient beings that dream of seeing other worlds. But, outer space isn't the friendliest of realms and Earth's gravitational pull doesn't play nice with anything that is caught within it.

Good Lord, it has been a long minute since I've last heard about that band.
They very well might be aliens, but I was referring to Darkseid's uncle from the New Gods comics.

Old 08-02-2020, 10:06 AM   #68
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Nah. "Atlas" only gotta shrug once and we're all dead, like fleas off a dog's back. It's only happened hundreds of times in the billions of years this planet has existed. Things have been WAY worse than this. There's been everything from thousand-year long skies full of volcanic ash to boiling seas to ice ages and everything in between.

To paraphrase The Master (George Carlin): Some styrofoam peanuts and plastic bags are NOT gonna "kill" the planet. That's a supremely arrogant position to take, which assumes that Humankind has a lot more influence and power than we actually do. The second "Mother Earth" decides she's had enough, that's it, we're gone. And then some other species will rise up and take our place, hopefully something Godzilla-adjacent.

To quote Carlin directly: "The planet is fine. The people are f*cked."

And I'm perfectly fine with that.

My point was that WE are ****ing up our ENTIRE planet, by creating not just pollution in the atmosphere, but the country-sized masses of plastic and other garbage in the oceans, to say nothing of how much of the same garbage is buried in landfills, or just lying around all over the landscape worldwide. We are the most destructive and selfish species on earth, and we will eventually end up killing not only ourselves, but probably 90% of all life on earth before we're gone. If aliens exist, they will most likely arrive in a few decades to find a dead planet, with plenty of evidence as to what- or WHO- caused it.

Old 08-02-2020, 11:23 AM   #69
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
If aliens exist, they will most likely arrive in a few decades to find a dead planet, with plenty of evidence as to what- or WHO- caused it.
*nod*

They will look around at all the cleared land, all the development on part of it, all the garbage, destruction, pollution, toxic chemicals, pesticides saturated into land and sucked dry of its nutrients, all the statues and monuments, and carvings into the land, from the faces of the ancient kings of Egypt to those we carved into Mt. Rushmore, and they will say, Ah, I see why it came to this. They were arrogant.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 08-02-2020 at 11:38 AM.
Old 08-02-2020, 01:11 PM   #70
Leo656
The Franchise

Mass extinctions happen (figuratively) all the time. In the Big Picture, we just showed up 5 minutes ago. Perhaps the next one will be our fault, and that's crummy, but it's inevitable regardless.

Planet Earth has hit the old F5 Refresh many times and it'll happen again no matter what we do or don't do. Most of those dormant volcanoes, for example, are only sleeping. That'd f*ck some sh*t up pretty good, and a lot quicker than we could. Just for one example.

Like it's not that we have no effect, it's just that in the big picture we're not even a pimple on the ass of the universe. If we "kill" the planet, it'll be fine again a couple hundred thousand years later. That's how these things always work, according to second grade science class.

It's not gonna happen in my lifetime, though, and as a person solely motivated by self-interest, anything that happens after I'm dead is absolutely zero concern of mine. The tribulations of the living are of no consequence to the dead! I'll be too busy slammin' it to Helen of Troy's ghost to care what's going on over here!

But yeah it's gonna be fine. Circle Of Life. Sunrise, Sunset.

Old 08-14-2020, 06:51 AM   #71
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

That seems an oddly optimistic view from you, but previous mass extinctions were due to natural causes, whereas WE are directly contributing to a new one in the making, perhaps even causing it wholesale. We are quite literally causing extinctions to occur EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. And it's growing worse, especially now with climate change causing imbalances that affect every ecosystem on the planet, in some cases catastrophically. Entire ecosystems are teetering on the brink of complete crash, which even most past ME's have not done on the scale we are. The planet is screaming, alrught- at us.

Old 08-14-2020, 08:11 AM   #72
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

If Aliens had visited earth, they probably saw Rule34 art and Sonic Fanfiction and decided "nope, not for us."

Explains why they've never attempted to make contact
Old 08-14-2020, 09:48 AM   #73
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

lol They just swing by to point and laugh then go do important higher being things elsewhere.
Old 08-14-2020, 11:31 AM   #74
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
That seems an oddly optimistic view from you, but previous mass extinctions were due to natural causes, whereas WE are directly contributing to a new one in the making, perhaps even causing it wholesale. We are quite literally causing extinctions to occur EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. And it's growing worse, especially now with climate change causing imbalances that affect every ecosystem on the planet, in some cases catastrophically. Entire ecosystems are teetering on the brink of complete crash, which even most past ME's have not done on the scale we are. The planet is screaming, alrught- at us.
And when "The Planet" has had enough, then Boom, we're gone. Massive flooding, earthquakes, volcanoes, Acid Rain, Poison Monkeys, whatever... when the lump sum of our existence becomes more than "The Planet" can bear, then "The Planet" simply shakes us off like fleas, rests for a few Millennia, and then the cycle begins anew.

WE will not endure. Humanity is finite. Planet Earth will endure, albeit it may look drastically different, which again, has happened more times than we can count. Unless we literally blow it up, or some celestial body pinballing through space does so, Planet Earth isn't going away. WE are.

And that's fine. We ain't so special. Opposable thumbs and a penchant for getting naked on camera for money. That's pretty much all that puts us over compared to every other species. Doesn't make us so very great.

I'm perfectly fine with the idea that in a few thousand years the planet might be covered by molten rock and only cockroaches and other hard-shelled creatures and deep-sea invertebrates surviving, or whatever the case is. I'm a Big Picture Guy. And the Big Picture says all'a that stuff is inevitably gonna happen ANY damn way. Because it happened a hundred times over millions of years before we even got here.

I'm not arrogant enough to think anything I personally do is going to "kill the planet", nor do I have the capacity to feel any guilt whatsoever for things that are far beyond my capacity to change. That's all it is. Maybe we're speeding up "The Process", but that process is, in and of itself, an inevitability.
-----------------------
Sort of related but more to the direct question of the thread itself, I won't plant a flag on whether or not they've been here and/or meddled in human affairs. But I DO find it highly suspicious that in thousands of years, humankind only came So Far, and then suddenly right around the time of the supposed Roswell incident, our output of technology spikes by 10,000% and continues since then to grow exponentially. If you went back in time 100 years and showed someone an iPhone, or even a Nintendo DS, they'd have you burned as a Warlock.

Like I said, I won't say "This is what happened", I just think... it's very odd that for most of the last few Millennia we were just kind of treading water, and then all of a sudden out of nowhere we're building computers and going into outer space when we barely even had cars figured out yet. And all right around the time "something" supposedly happened that nobody can give a straight answer on.

So when people tell me they believe that aliens crashed at Roswell and either gave us technology or we stole and retrofitted that technology, I don't know if I believe it but I tell them I can definitely see the logic in thinking that, because in the big picture it IS very suspicious, and that's all I know.

Thousands of years to figure out boats, cars, planes and trains, then overnight we're on the moon. Something's fishy.

Last edited by Leo656; 08-14-2020 at 11:37 AM.
Old 08-17-2020, 07:04 AM   #75
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

My point is that this is happening NOW. In OUR lifetime. We are speeding up the next mass extinction to the point that we may not even survive 50 years, much less the next century. Even the dinosaurs didn't cause their OWN demise, but we are doing exactly that, at a frightening rate. Don't know about you, but I am in no hurry to go extinct, but here we are, tipping things so far that it will be fortunate if anything AT ALL survives this time, but we certainly won't, and our kids have only the swift destruction of their own futures to look forward to. The human race is racing to destroy itself before the century is even over. And yes, "the planet" may survive, but most, if not all, life on it probably won't. And it's all happening right before our eyes, though we are too blind to see it. That's the tragedy- we could do something to try to stop it, but we probably never will, until the clock ticks down and it's too late. And many of us here will probably still be alive to see it when that happens.

Old 08-17-2020, 11:14 AM   #76
Leo656
The Franchise

Ehhhhhhhhhhhh, nah. They say that every decade. I know people in their 90s who swear people have been pulling the same scam for longer than THEY've even been alive. "We're 15-20 years from disaster!" And then... nah.

I mean, I get why they do it, though. It's like telling kids that if they're bad Santa will give them a lump of coal. Or a church telling people if they break certain rules they'll burn in a lake of fire and sulfur for all eternity. MOST people only behave at all because they're afraid of the consequences. So therefore, you gotta try and curb bad behavior any way you can. "Put down the hairspray and start recycling! Otherwise we'll be dead in a decade!" And it's not really true BUT it gets enough people to fall in line to keep things from getting any worse.

Like, it makes sense, but it's still a scam. It would be nice if people could "behave" without scare tactics, but they can't. So it is what it is... but yeah, no, it's NEVER as bad as they say. They just don't know how to make anyone do what they SHOULD already be doing.

Like, it's good to get people to recycle and stop zipping around on private jets. We need to take better care of the rainforests and stop dumping trash in the ocean and all'a that jazz. But all the "We'll be dead in ten years!" stuff is just about slapping people in the face to get them to act better, because people are obstinate unless you tell them there's consequences. No different from the lump of coal in the stocking or Beelzebub. People need a phantom boogeyman to make them behave.

If any of it were as bad as "they" say, then "they" wouldn't keep buying giant mansions near the coastline or below sea level, and zipping around on those private jets. When the eco-preachers start going full-blown Howard Hughes and hunkering down in their doomsday shelters, I might take it a little more seriously. Until then, it's very obviously political.

I also plain can't stand hippies. Whatever game THEY play, you can put me on the other side.

Old 08-18-2020, 01:14 PM   #77
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Well you're half right. In this case, it's NOT as bad as "they" say, it's WORSE. I keep current on the latest data from climate research, pollution stats, and other environmental data. And the statistics are outright shocking, DAILY, even for someone like me who not only is fully aware of the situation, but understands the implications of each individual study. As of now, we have already lost nearly 85% of all reefs to bleaching, which in turn causes drastic die-offs of reliant species,many of which are integral to our own food fish industry. Red algae blooms are at a record high, killing thousands of fish and other aquatic life. The Arctic is losing it's permafrost due to rising temperatures for the first time since the last major ice age, releasing methane, CO2, and other greenhouse gases which in turn increase temperatures even further. And Arctic wildlife are losing the battle to adapt. There is not one, but FIVE giant plastic masses covering the oceans, one of which is the size of Texas! Together, they cover almost 30% of the oceans' total area. And that's not counting the amount of garbage making its way into such isolated places as the Marianas Trench, a number of blue holes across the globe, and even into undersea caverns once untouched by man. In other words, our trash is making its way into places it SHOULD NEVER HAVE EVEN REACHED! This isn't even the worst. Some may have heard that the last make northern white rhino died recently, making the species functionally extinct since there are only two females- both of which were directly related to each other, and to the deceased male- left. So even if scientists managed to use some stored semen to impregnate them, the offspring would be subject to the high likelihood of defects due to inbreeding. And there are dozens of other species in similar straits, and many others going extinct at the rate of between 1 and 5 species DAILY. Some of which we have never even properly identified or recorded. Greenland has lost most of its ice sheet, and seals are being driven to shores they have never been seen on by the thousands because there is no pack ice at sea for them to rest on. Polar bears getting trapped on shrinking ice packs, only to end up drowning when they are forced to swim after they can no longer hold them. Alaska's Iditeron race was snowless for a large stretch of its run for the first time in decades this past winter, and Canada has had record high temps for the past YEAR. These are not isolated issues- it is ALL connected, and ALL devastatingly bad. Maybe it WON'T happen in our lifetime, but the odds are currently against us on that. Personally, my faith in the ability of humanity to get it's collective s**t together is not that great....

Old 08-21-2020, 02:32 PM   #78
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Yes. You all know that i have been a alien from 2003 until 2009 Chrell and i was a Utrom.Utroms are the most known aliens to humans and they have visited earth many times. Some of them live among us but we dont understand them becuase they wear human disquise. There has also been many books wrriten by profesionals who talk about aliens. Iam currently reading one of them called Cosmic Voyage: A Scientific Discovery of Extraterrestrials Visiting Earth. By COURTNEY BROWN a American professor who has studies aliens for many years. It describes with evry details the aliens that has been on earth and how he talked with them . A must read for evryone as it has some very important informaiton about aliens on Earth.
Old 11-01-2020, 11:34 AM   #79
Last Ronin
Hench Mutant

I believe they exist out there and they have visited out of curiosity. To believe we are the only ones in this vast universe is silly to me. Matbe even that they haven't visited us but just like us are searching for other forms of life or maybe they are not that advance or just don't care, regardless there is other life out there deep in the reaches of outer space.

We are not alone people.
The truth is out there.
Last Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 08:23 PM   #80
sdp
-

Anyone else feel like we're being set up for an alien visit in the near future? I sort of feel with all the recent "confirmation" of UFOs that they're trying to get us used to it so one day they say that "oh, we found alien life and they want to contact us". I really do feel like this is going to happen this decade.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote