The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 04-06-2017, 09:06 PM   #1
snake
Disgusting

50 missiles launched at Syria

Looks like Trump is going back on his "America First" policy.

I feel like a fool, honestly.Trump LIED to his supporters about being focused on his own country and not making America the World Police again. I guess he was just another globalist puppet. It was going to happen no matter who won the vote, but this is such a terrible move. Looks like we're back to cuckservative central America.

The best case scenario here is we flex enough muscle to show that we shouldn't be tested. Worst case? WW3.

Last edited by snake; 04-06-2017 at 09:19 PM.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 09:28 PM   #2
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

I was hoping that Trump was at least better than Hillary but what with the raids on cannabis stores and signing the new ISP bill I was starting to think that maybe Trump wasn't the lesser of two evils, but this shows me that Trump is every bit as bad and hawkish as Hillary and the fact we had to choose between these two incompetent warmongers tells me that America should't have their party system limited to two
Old 04-06-2017, 09:36 PM   #3
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
I was hoping that Trump was at least better than Hillary but what with the raids on cannabis stores and signing the new ISP bill I was starting to think that maybe Trump wasn't the lesser of two evils, but this shows me that Trump is every bit as bad and hawkish as Hillary and the fact we had to choose between these two incompetent warmongers tells me that America should't have their party system limited to two
I don't put the blame entirely on Trump. Like I said, I'm pretty sure he's a puppet of the deep state globalists that control our country. These are the same sh*ts who put us in Iraq. We're never gonna get out of the f*cking desert.

The best we can all hope for is that this is game of 5-D chess being played to send a message to all other countries, saying "don't **** with us or this happens".

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Maybe, just maybe, this'll be the thing that gets Congress to remember that they're the ones who're supposed to be approving military actions.
Something they really haven't done since...what? Gulf War the 1st?

Good luck out there, Dudes of Draftable age.
I wouldn't think you'd have much to worry about with a Dem controlled House or Senate, but...with GOP controlling both?

Yeah, good luck.
Quiet. This would've happened no matter who won. You should be all over this anyways- we're shutting down the "big bad Assad" and going to take in a bunch of D I V E R S E refugees!

Last edited by snake; 04-06-2017 at 09:43 PM.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:42 PM   #4
Prowler
Emperor

You really believed with Trump in power your country wouldn't go at war in the "goddamn sand people" again? And didn't he say he wanted to destroy ISIS anyway? So I don't think he's exactly lying in this case...
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 09:44 PM   #5
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
You really believed with Trump in power your country wouldn't go at war in the "goddamn sand people" again? And didn't he say he wanted to destroy ISIS anyway? So I don't think he's exactly lying in this case...
Syria isn't ISIS. I'm fine with bombing the sh*t out of ISIS. Assad was NOT part of ISIS. He was a crazy motherf*cker, but not ISIS. There's more to the """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""chemical attack""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" than we know.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:46 PM   #6
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Syria isn't ISIS. I'm fine with bombing the sh*t out of ISIS. Assad was NOT part of ISIS. He was a crazy motherf*cker, but not ISIS. There's more to the """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""chemical attack""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" than we know.
Then why is Trump bombing Syria? Who is he targeting exactly? Assad's faction, really?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 09:51 PM   #7
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Quiet. This would've happened no matter who won. You should be all over this anyways- we're shutting down the "big bad Assad" and going to take in a bunch of D I V E R S E refugees!
Unfortunately we'll never know if this would have happened had Clinton won the Electoral College.
It's funny though, one of the loudest anti-Clinton chants I heard prior to the election was how much of a Hawk she was, and how ANYONE else wouldn't start something.

Four months in...and our Commander in Chief is lobbing weapons at a country that was nerve gassed by its own government.

But hey, at least Putin knew about it ahead of time, right? I mean, Congress heard about it from the news, but Russia got a nod prior.

I'm sure that's fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
More and more I'm reminded of this tweet:
'I never thought leopards would eat MY face,' sobs woman who voted for the Leopards Eating People's Faces Party.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 09:57 PM   #8
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Unfortunately we'll never know if this would have happened had Clinton won the Electoral College.
It's funny though, one of the loudest anti-Clinton chants I heard prior to the election was how much of a Hawk she was, and how ANYONE else wouldn't start something.

Four months in...and our Commander in Chief is lobbing weapons at[B] a country that was nerve gassed by its own government.
lol no proof

Why would Assad, someone who opposed ISIS and was WINNING THE WAR, all of a sudden use chemical weapons on his OWN PEOPLE? It makes no sense. It's an obvious false flag.

Besides, the Hildog would've done the same. You just can't admit fault. Ever.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:32 PM   #9
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Maybe, just maybe, this'll be the thing that gets Congress to remember that they're the ones who're supposed to be approving military actions.
Something they really haven't done since...what? Gulf War the 1st?

Good luck out there, Dudes of Draftable age.
I wouldn't think you'd have much to worry about with a Dem controlled House or Senate, but...with GOP controlling both?

Yeah, good luck.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 11:55 AM   #10
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I'm sickly so I'm definitely not getting drafted. Yeeeeeah boyee.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 11:58 AM   #11
CyberCubed
Overlord

LOL, there's never going to be a draft. They have enough people who volunteer into the military and there's never going to be a full-scale ground war on the level of WWII again.

This reminds me back in the early 2000's when Bush was president people kept posting fake scares of a draft coming back for Iraq/Afghanistan back then too, of course it never happened. I don't know why people even think this would happen.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 12:00 PM   #12
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
LOL, there's never going to be a draft. They have enough people who volunteer into the military and there's never going to be a full-scale ground war on the level of WWII again.

This reminds me back in the early 2000's when Bush was president people kept posting fake scares of a draft coming back for Iraq/Afghanistan back then too, of course it never happened. I don't know why people even think this would happen.
Eventually, some day down the line, there WILL be another global war. It's just a matter of whose ticket gets punched the day that happens.

Maybe not our generation, maybe not in 10 or 20 or 50 years... but it's just matter of time.
Old 04-19-2017, 12:11 PM   #13
CyberCubed
Overlord

There can't be, the world is too globalized now with every country dependent on each other, plus the internet letting the general population know everything that's going on, plus any nuclear war would devastate the entire planet and not just one country. The trade winds would blow the nuclear radiation fallout through the atmosphere everywhere.

The reason stuff like WWII never happened again is because it happened over 70 years ago when the world was still fragmented, we weren't aware of the devastation of nuclear power, there was no globalized internet to let everyone know what was going on, and the world was still ignorant.
Old 04-19-2017, 12:13 PM   #14
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
There can't be, the world is too globalized now with every country dependent on each other, plus the internet letting the general population know everything that's going on, plus any nuclear war would devastate the entire planet and not just one country. The trade winds would blow the nuclear radiation fallout through the atmosphere everywhere.

The reason stuff like WWII never happened again is because it happened over 70 years ago when the world was still fragmented, we weren't aware of the devastation of nuclear power, there was no globalized internet to let everyone know what was going on, and the world was still ignorant.

Cubed, old boy, you're really starting to make me sympathize with Nines.
Old 04-19-2017, 04:08 PM   #15
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I'm amazed he hasn't launched nukes at someone already, but I'm still terrified that he will.
Old 04-19-2017, 04:26 PM   #16
CyberCubed
Overlord

Nobody is launching nukes (except maybe North Korea). North Korea could possibly be stupid enough to try, but even then we'd crush them in an instant like ants. But the U.S. won't.

I guess you guys were too young to realize us older people went through this already in the early 2000's when Bush was president. When 9/11 happened and Afghanistan/Iraq happened, everyone was like, "We're on the eve of World War III" or "Bush is going to go nuclear, etc."

Of course nothing of that sort happened. A lot of you younger people were just kids when George Bush was president in the early 2000's, so you guys don't realize we went through these "fake scares" 15 years ago.
Old 04-19-2017, 04:30 PM   #17
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Nobody is launching nukes (except maybe North Korea). North Korea could possibly be stupid enough to try, but even then we'd crush them in an instant like ants. But the U.S. won't.
This is true. And that's if it didn't just blow up launch, which is a big if with them. Though even then... it's kind of like, you have a gunslinger duel outside the saloon. You draw your pistol, the other guy draws his pistol, you hear a CLICK... the other guy's weapon seized up and he can't shoot at you. But he tried. Do you just shrug, spare his life, or shoot him anyway? You shoot him anyway.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 05:17 PM   #18
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:

I guess you guys were too young to realize us older people went through this already in the early 2000's when Bush was president. When 9/11 happened and Afghanistan/Iraq happened, everyone was like, "We're on the eve of World War III" or "Bush is going to go nuclear, etc."

Of course nothing of that sort happened. A lot of you younger people were just kids when George Bush was president in the early 2000's, so you guys don't realize we went through these "fake scares" 15 years ago.
With this in mind, I pretty much grew up under Bush's presidency. So you're right that I would have missed it. And maybe I'm still naive, but I still trust him with nukes more than Trump.
Old 04-19-2017, 05:40 PM   #19
CyberCubed
Overlord

Back in 2001-2003 especially all people ever talked about was how Bush was going to launch World War III. I mean of course 9/11 made a huge impact and the fallout was terrible.

I was in 10th grade back in 2001, so I remember it vividly as all my High School teachers would constantly talk about how this was the biggest event to happen in U.S. history since the end of the Cold War. People seem to forget Bush was hated on an equal level as Trump is now, people had vehement hatred for Bush back in the day.

Of course as we know besides the wars in the middle east which still go on to this day, nothing else happened and life went on. Obama became president after Bush and here we are.