The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-28-2017, 12:38 PM   #41
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Sansa convicted him, Arya executed him.

What some of you consider "nothing" I consider actual character work.
The show started with the two of them as little girls hating each other for either not following the rules at all, or for following them too closely.

They've both grown, matured, and come into their own as women and I for one was pleased as freakin' punch to see them unite at the end of this season.

I also kind of love pretty much any scene that involved the Hound, especially his interactions with Brieanne (they both admire their adorable little murder-ball in common, Arya) and Tormond ('the giant blonde woman almost killed me.' 'lucky! I wish she would almost kill me...')

ZOMBIE DRAGON!
Which was awesome.

My predictions for the next season are this:

- Cersei isn't coming off that Throne willingly. It's literally the only thing she has left now that Jamie has abandoned her for the greater fight up north.
So she's going to cling to it, and the kid she's carrying, as tightly as possible.

That kid isn't making it through the season. Either it'll be born normal, and will be killed by someone (Arya? Ellaria?), or born a dwarf like Tyrion and she'll kill it herself.

- We're going to get Clegane Bowl, where the Hound and the Mountain square off.

It's my hope that during this fight Littlefinger makes his way back into King's Landing.

Because let's face it, see what I did there, there's no way Arya is going to pass this opportunity up. She's the only Stark decent at deception, and if my memory is correct Cersei is the only one left on her list.

- Jon knocked up Dany.
They'll marry, regardless of the fact that she's his aunt, and then when she dies in battle he'll be kind of the 7 realms.

Sansa will be the Lady of Winterfell.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 12:47 PM   #42
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post

The show started with the two of them as little girls hating each other for either not following the rules at all, or for following them too closely.

They've both grown, matured, and come into their own as women and I for one was pleased as freakin' punch to see them unite at the end of this season.
Yep. And they didn't even particularly like each other in season 1... now it's really full circle, and I love that Littlefinger's final contribution was sealing that rift.

Quote:
ZOMBIE DRAGON!
Is it? The Night King didn't raise him as a standard Wight, with his arm raising... he touched his head and rose him same as he does when he creates another actual White Walker. And they're not zombies.

Quote:
- Cersei isn't coming off that Throne willingly. It's literally the only thing she has left now that Jamie has abandoned her for the greater fight up north. So she's going to cling to it, and the kid she's carrying, as tightly as possible.

That kid isn't making it through the season. Either it'll be born normal, and will be killed by someone (Arya? Ellaria?), or born a dwarf like Tyrion and she'll kill it herself.
Just going off of the leaks from November...

Spoiler:
Literally the one thing that didn't come true in the spoilers leaked from November was that Cersei wakes up in a scene with bloody sheets and a miscarriage. That 100% of the rest of the spoilers all came true exactly as described, this makes me think this scene was cut from the finale, probably moved to the premiere of season 8.

Quote:
For sure. But I don't think it'll be as simple as the Hound killing his brother and that's that. The Mountain may even be redeemed.

Quote:
It's my hope that during this fight Littlefinger makes his way back into King's Landing.

Because let's face it, see what I did there, there's no way Arya is going to pass this opportunity up. She's the only Stark decent at deception, and if my memory is correct Cersei is the only one left on her list.
Yeah, Littlefinger is probably the only one left at this point there is much point in Arya face-querading as. That they have available to them.

Quote:
- Jon knocked up Dany.
For sure.

Quote:
They'll marry, regardless of the fact that she's his aunt, and then when she dies in battle he'll be kind of the 7 realms.
Probably no time to stop for a wedding in the midst of everything happening. I do definitely see her dying... in addition to everything else, there was the prophecy way back that she'll never actually sit on the throne.

Quote:
For sure. Unfortunately this means I don't see her being given much else to do in season 8.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 12:58 PM   #43
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Is it? The Night King didn't raise him as a standard Wight, with his arm raising... he touched his head and rose him same as he does when he creates another actual White Walker. And they're not zombies.
Things that were once dead that now aren't...totally zombies.

Speaking to that, I can't believe I actually fell for that whole: And the Greyjoys are fleeing because dead things freak them out.

I got most of the way through the episode and was like:
Wait. They literally worship The Drowned God (*cough*cthulu*cough*), why is he afraid of a dead thing that doesn't die again?

Oh right. doublecross. Nice.

Quote:
Just going off of the leaks from November...

Spoiler:
Literally the one thing that didn't come true in the spoilers leaked from November was that Cersei wakes up in a scene with bloody sheets and a miscarriage. That 100% of the rest of the spoilers all came true exactly as described, this makes me think this scene was cut from the finale, probably moved to the premiere of season 8.
I just went and looked up the prophesy that she heard as a girl.
It does say that while her king will have 20 kids, she'll only have three, and they'll all die.

Spoiler:
And apparently in the books it says her little brother will strangle her to death.

So, either that's Jamie or it's Tyrion...ooooor it's Arya with Tyrion's face.
People have been talking about Tyrion not making it through to the end too.

Quote:
For sure. But I don't think it'll be as simple as the Hound killing his brother and that's that. The Mountain may even be redeemed.
Yeah...I don't think there's enough of the Mountain to be redeemed by this point, nor do I think it's possible for him to have been redeemed to begin with.

Quote:
Probably no time to stop for a wedding in the midst of everything happening. I do definitely see her dying... in addition to everything else, there was the prophecy way back that she'll never actually sit on the throne.
That could be that the throne itself gets destroyed.

Quote:
For sure. Unfortunately this means I don't see her being given much else to do in season 8.
It's not action packed or pretty, but...the North is going to need to be rebuilt.
And she's going to need to marry.

Also, they brought Gendry back for a reason.
Curious as to what that was.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 01:27 PM   #44
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

My hope for how it all ends?

There's only one outcome...
Spoiler:

Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 02:45 PM   #45
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Things that were once dead that now aren't...totally zombies.
Do we really consider Jon Snow a zombie?

Quote:
Spoiler:
And apparently in the books it says her little brother will strangle her to death.

So, either that's Jamie or it's Tyrion...ooooor it's Arya with Tyrion's face.
People have been talking about Tyrion not making it through to the end too.
Spoiler:
Why can't it be Arya with Jaime's face?

Quote:
Yeah...I don't think there's enough of the Mountain to be redeemed by this point, nor do I think it's possible for him to have been redeemed to begin with.
True. Although there has to be more to the story there with those two brothers... and maybe the Hound is less of a victim in it.

Quote:
That could be that the throne itself gets destroyed.
I had that thought. It's really a cursed thing.

Quote:
Married off with Sansa? Yeah, I guess so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
A fairly popular theory is kind of in that vein. I guess Martin's other non-Game of Thrones books all have similar "bad guys wipe out the good guys" kind of things? That's what I've been told. In this case, it could be the White Walkers wiping out all the kingdoms... the "bittersweet" part of the end being that now the world can return to normal.

I'm hoping for a Dyson Sphere reveal (as in, the whole world exists within it, as it appears in the intro credits sequence of every episode). In space, there's like a Lannister player, a Stark player, etc., with the White Walkers as NPCs or something... a bunch of aliens influencing the 7 Kingdoms as some kind of a GM "Lord of Light," in a competition with one another called "Game of Thrones."

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 08-28-2017 at 02:50 PM.
Old 08-28-2017, 02:46 PM   #46
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

The best episode yet!

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 03:27 PM   #47
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Okay, first of all... GET HYPE, CLEGANEBOWL CONFIRMED!!!!!!!

Now that that's out of the way...

Quote:
My season 8 predictions (*spoilers*... maybe):

* Cersei miscarries. Almost right off the bat. Goes into a rage. "Nothing left to lose" mode.
Agreed. It is known. Cersei has sunk so low, showing herself willing to commit all sorts of evils to keep her position, that she doesn't deserve something as sweet and innocent as a newborn babe. No dice.

Quote:
* Theon almost certainly dies rescuing his sister or during the escape.
Yeah, there's no way his mission is 100% successful. Maybe he at least makes it inside whereever Yara is being held, and she sees that he's regained some sense of self and is seeking redemption, but then they both die. That's pretty close to a win in the Game of Thrones playbook.

Quote:
* Jon Snow has "the talk" with Sam and Bran. Mind is blown. Maybe he keeps this under his hat for a while, though, at least from Daenerys.
Yeah, that's gonna be difficult for him to process. Their are some funny videos of Kit and Emilia talking about how their characters may potentially react to the news of their familial relationship.

Quote:
* Jaime joins up with the combined Unsullied/Dothraki/North army just in time for the big battle. Brienne and Tyrion all vouch for him, that he's not just some mole.
Something pretty close to this. He's nowhere near the fighter he used to be now that he's lost his dominant hand, but he still has a mind for strategy and would hopefully be welcome into Dany's war council if Tyrion can convince her that he is simply trying to be on the side of the living.

Quote:
* The great big White Walker battle. Lots of death. At some point, though, Jon (or someone) gets through to the Night King. We learn they want something other than just to wipe out the living. A truce/understanding (or something) is struck. Or maybe Daenerys kills the Night King and becomes the Night Queen to control all the army of the undead!
Nah, I really don't think the White Walkers want anything other than total death and destruction of the living. And then there's a theory that hypothesizes that Bran, warging back in time through the weirwood net, gets trapped in the body of the man seen tied down by the Children, and becomes the first Other, the Night King. He's lived years and years longer than any of the other main characters at this point, by virtue of having "reviewed the tapes" recorded by all the weirwood trees.

Quote:
* Tyrion turns out to be a Targaryen, rides the other dragon at a critical moment.
I do think he has some Targaryen blood in him, and I do hope to see him ride a dragon. But I'm afraid that may not happen now, since the Night King killed one of Dany's dragons and I think Jon is more likely the destined rider of Rhaegal, it being named after Jon's father. There's a very interesting theory that Tyrion is actually a chimera, sharing DNA from both Tywin and the Mad King Aerys (which actually does a pretty good job of explaining why Tyrion looks so incredibly bizarre in the books, which the show didn't choose to go with) or that Tyrion is metaphorically a manticore, stating that he is secretly Oberyn's bastard son, who is secretly Aerys' bastard son. I can see it going either way.

Quote:
* On their return back south, here's the big Lannisters vs. everybody that's left battle. It looks bad but... here comes the Night King (or Daenerys as the Night Queen!) and the White Walkers to help!
* During the battle, Daenerys goes a little too nuts. All that stuff they keep repeating over all the seasons about, "I'm NOT like my father, the Mad King!" turns out to be foreshadowing for, well, her becoming exactly like her father, the Mad King, and then she starts wiping out even Lannister civilians, children and all. She has to be stopped, but the Dothraki and Unsullied remain loyal to her... so they all become the enemy.
* If Daenerys becomes the Night Queen, Jorah or Jaime will be the one to kill her.
* Cersei gives up the crown willingly after, #1) Learning/growing a lot from recent events, #2) Hearing and acknowledging his right to the throne, leaving Jon Snow the King at King's Landing. Maaaybe even takes him as her husband... but that seems super weird. But maybe they're going for super weird.
All of this I hope is so wrong I'm not even going to address it point-by-point I hope that the whole Mad Queen like her daddy thing was just a feint, as I want Dany to be the Good Queen Come to Save Everyone, but we'll see I guess. I think Jamie is destined to kill Cersei when he realizes she's a spiteful **** with no intention of allying herself with the rest of humanity to fight against the threat of the undead. The final nail in the coffin will be some evil act she commits after her miscarriage.

Quote:
* Sansa becomes officially the Queen of the North.
The best I'm hoping for is she is acknowledged as Lady of Winterfell and Warden of the North, and is allowed proper rule of the land, regardless of whether she marries or not.

Quote:
* Arya has a final visit from the faceless man Jaqen. Turns out he's been with her since the beginning, even using the face/name of Syrio Forel when he trained her during season 1.
I can't see that happening, just because Arya was mad disrespectful to the whole Faceless cult, and they probably don't take too kindly to that. The best I can see is Jaqen just letting Arya go her own way in Westeros, far from the Faceless Ones' domain. *shrugs* who knows though

Quote:
* Happy ending for Tormund and Brienne. Probably.
I definitely hope so, at least.

Quote:
* At least one more big time loop thing with Bran. I want the "Bran = Bran the Builder" theory to be true, but I don't know. Maybe he is the one that whispers in the Mad King's ear in the past, at least. *shrug*
I think Bran has a few more things to mess up in the past, it's his main deal at this point.

Quote:
Whatever happens, it won't just be as simple as... you know, Jon and Daenerys fight and defeat Night King, then go and fight and beat Cersei with her surprise reinforcements and probable surprise reinforcements for Daenerys (Daario does have to show up at some point, though... I expect "the Han Solo Save" at some point with him, no matter what happens, with the leftover armies Daenerys left across the sea), cue the happy ending. No way. Martin said the end will be "bittersweet."

I've also read compelling theories about "Arya was killed by the Waif, and the Waif has been masquerading as Arya ever since," but I don't think so. There is no good reason the Waif would bother to get revenge on Walder Frey.
I'm pretty up-in-the-air as far as what I expect to be the ultimate outcome of everything. I can't help but think of all the book plots that the show has trimmed away, which have huge effects on the book story. I'm content to just ride with whatever D&D come up with, knowing that the books will be richer and more complex.

Quote:

Agreed, while undeniably some parts of their characters' interactions were unrealistic, I think as a whole their arc this season was a good one and I enjoyed it. It really does a good job of showing how far they've come, and the unique skill sets each one has acquired.

Quote:
I also kind of love pretty much any scene that involved the Hound, especially his interactions with Brieanne (they both admire their adorable little murder-ball in common, Arya) and Tormond ('the giant blonde woman almost killed me.' 'lucky! I wish she would almost kill me...')
Ya, seeing Brienne and the Hound catch up was great.

Quote:
My predictions for the next season are this:

- Cersei isn't coming off that Throne willingly. It's literally the only thing she has left now that Jamie has abandoned her for the greater fight up north.
So she's going to cling to it, and the kid she's carrying, as tightly as possible.
Most definitely. She'll have a "you can come and pry it from my cold, dead fingers" mentality about the whole situation, which seems very fitting, considering
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 03:27 PM   #48
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
That would be pretty ironic.

Quote:

Quote:

That would be a rather satisfying scene to watch, but I still think Jamie will be the one to kill Cersei. It will highlight how she lost or pushed away every single ally she had. Except Qyburn, he loves her crazy ass.

Quote:
- Jon knocked up Dany.
They'll marry, regardless of the fact that she's his aunt, and then when she dies in battle he'll be king of the 7 realms.

I do think Jon and Dany will have a child. I don't know if both of its parents will survive to see it grow up though.

Quote:
It's not action packed or pretty, but...the North is going to need to be rebuilt.
And she's going to need to marry.

I think Sansa would shine in rebuilding efforts after the winter/fight with the Night King is over. The realm deserves good rulers like her.

I'd rather see Gendry with Arya, honestly, with Arya learning to let go of revenge and get on with her life. That's an ideal-type situation though, meaning it's probably never going to happen on Game of Thrones
Old 12-07-2017, 11:11 AM   #49
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

No new season until 2019!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/40...son-8#/slide/1

wtf...
Old 12-07-2017, 11:34 AM   #50
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Just read the bad news. Damn shame. At least we should be getting a second season of some other good shows next year, like Atlanta and Westworld, those will hold me over hopefully.

And S7 of Game of Thrones will still beat Book 6 of A Song of Ice and Fire, by a longshot. I'm just hoping the release of the final season will light a fire under GRRM's ass, like "ACTUALLY it went down more like this" *begins writing furiously*
Old 03-16-2019, 10:20 PM   #51
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

April 14... we're almost there.

Old 04-21-2019, 10:43 PM   #52
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Is nobody around here watching? Solid first two new episodes... even if none of the action has started yet.
Old 04-22-2019, 05:54 AM   #53
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

I was just wondering what other Dromers’ thoughts were on this season so far. I agree, first two eps have been pretty solid, specially yesterday’s. When I realized we weren’t getting the Battle of Winterfell but instead a kind of bottle episode I was a little irked but that was all quality stuff right there. Lot of emotional closure. Sure to make the inevitable deaths next week all the more poignant.
Old 04-22-2019, 05:22 PM   #54
joe-eyeball
Stone Warrior

Definitely good so far. They needed that emotional loose ends episode with all the characters because it’s likely going to be mayhem the rest of the way! Question is who dies next week?

Theon for sure
Tormund probably
Maybe Jorah
Dude with the flame sword whos name now escapes me also likely
Lots of people in the crypt when the dead rise there?
joe-eyeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 05:33 PM   #55
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I was really thinking Jaime was going to be saved until it's time to take on Cersei, and he would be the one to kill her... but this last episode sure seemed like "let's get ready to say goodbye to Jaime!" to me.

Maybe I'm way off.
Old 04-24-2019, 06:28 PM   #56
joe-eyeball
Stone Warrior

No I think Jaime survives episode 3. I think the characters that carry Valyrian steel have a better chance at surviving the battle. I’m not exactly sure why I feel that way since I said in a previous post that Jorah would die but now I think he will survive as well.
Old 04-25-2019, 12:07 AM   #57
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe-eyeball View Post
No I think Jaime survives episode 3. I think the characters that carry Valyrian steel have a better chance at surviving the battle. I’m not exactly sure why I feel that way since I said in a previous post that Jorah would die but now I think he will survive as well.
But Valyrian steel doesn't mean anything after the White Walkers are done with. Which sounds like will be... this next episode.
Old 04-25-2019, 02:31 PM   #58
joe-eyeball
Stone Warrior

Quote:
But Valyrian steel doesn't mean anything after the White Walkers are done with. Which sounds like will be... this next episode.
True, but his character needs some major level of redemption and slaying the mad queen (Cersei) is kind of perfect. I’m pretty sure he dies but I don’t think it’ll be in the next episode.

I’m kind of digging that theory going around that the Night King is on his way to kings landing and will not be at the battle of Winterfell. The thought that this battle is a giant decoy is kind of cool!

Strategy wise it makes sense. The dead army can thin the herd at winterfell and the night king on a zombie dragon can wreak havoc on kings landing and replenish his army. It weakens the living on two fronts all at once.
Old 04-26-2019, 10:44 AM   #59
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

I wouldn't really call that a "decoy"; that's just a two-pronged attack.

But I agree, it would be bad ass and funny if the Night King was so confident in his army that he sent them to Winterfell while he continued on south (I mean, the Army of the Dead has got to be, like, almost millions strong now, right??)
Old 04-28-2019, 09:06 PM   #60
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

How about that new episode?

Spoiler:
That's it for the White Walkers. Arya did the deed!

Tags
game of cucks, social justice is coming