The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 12:50 PM   #3781
Vicky82
Emperor

It's up on Tumblr.

The animation looks ok, just got to get used to it more.

The turtles voices are ok, just got to get used to the new voices more.

I'm loving the turtles personalities especially Donnie's, I laughed at Donnie getting frustrated over his computer

It looks ok, it won't beat the 2012 show but I will give it a watch.

Old 03-23-2018, 12:53 PM   #3782
CyberCubed
Overlord

The voice acting sounds rough oddly enough. A lot of the lines sound flat, listen to Mike's "Cowabunga" at the end, there's not much enthusiasm with it like all the other Michelangelo VA's would say it. A lot of the Leo or Don lines sound a bit flat in the trailer, surprising given Rob Paulsen is the voice director.

Maybe it's just the first ep, the sound of the voices is fine, but the performances don't seem as good as all the past cartoon voices.
Old 03-23-2018, 12:57 PM   #3783
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

My favourite turtle voice is Donatello by far. Love all the rest too.

I'm surprised how menancing Cena sounds as Baron Draxum. Really nails that deep guy voice like 2k3 Hun. Splinter is good too.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 03-23-2018, 12:59 PM   #3784
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post

I'm surprised how menancing Cena sounds as Baron Draxum. Really nails that deep guy voice like 2k3 Hun. Splinter is good too.
Baron Draxum sounds like a mix of 2k3 Hun and Nick Shredder.
Old 03-23-2018, 01:01 PM   #3785
Leonardo2003
Foot Soldier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=544GvPirx3c

Posted my trailer reaction/review before the official TMNT twitter revealed it. Thanks buzzfeed!
Old 03-23-2018, 01:05 PM   #3786
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

"We're crimefighters, let's go bust some bad guys!"

Yikes! No, you're not.

And the Fred Wolf theme again? Just keep shakin' that Fred Wolf money tree...
Old 03-23-2018, 01:07 PM   #3787
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

It's hard to say whether the animation looks any better than the Transdimensional Turtles episode. The action looks decent but when the designs are in motion, it doesn't look very appealing. Especially Donnie. Leo's new personality is really going to take some getting used to. I'm still gonna go into this show with a grain of salt.

While the theme near the end of the trailer sounds catchy, I was hoping for a new original theme song as opposed to yet another remix of the FW theme. Seriously guys, come on!
Old 03-23-2018, 01:08 PM   #3788
neatoman
Emperor

That was OK. The only really negative things I can say is that the animation is a bit choppy and some of the lines were bad.

Not really a fan of a tonally altered Fred Wolf theme being used, again. It's kind of awkward to listen to, which is a bit graining seeing how the original song is a bit awkward. Like yeah, I understand they want to get around som royalty issue, but just make a new song in that case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post

Yikes! No, you're not.

Yeah, it's... really odd that they still think there's fruit left...
Hahahaha!
Old 03-23-2018, 01:14 PM   #3789
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:

Yikes! No, you're not.
Don't forget: "We're gonna be heroes!"

Quote:
"And the Fred Wolf theme again? Just keep shakin' that Fred Wolf money tree...
Sounded more like the Nick theme but yeah, it looks like the basic Fred Wolf melody is here to stay.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 03-23-2018, 01:24 PM   #3790
Powder
So tired of this place

Insights from the traler:

-April works at a Chuck E Cheese-like establishment. This is likely where the turtles meet her. "We only came for the free pizza!" is a telling line in the context of that footage. She & the green team are fighting off what I'm guessing are animatronic characters, maybe a riff on Five Nights At Freddy's, given how popular it is with kids.

-The turtles wear disguises and/or additional gear on certain missions.

-Origami Ninja turn to paper shreds when attacked.

-Raphael refers to the turtles as "crimefighters", so we can assume that they go out and seek battles, rather than deal with those that fall into their lap. This makes them more like Fred Wolf's turtles than any other iteration.

-There are stealth elements, as we see the turtles doing recon, spying on their enemies, & hiding in shadowy alleyways.

-The lair appears to be inspired by the Platinum Dunes films.

-The Foot Clan brute & mystic have flames over their heads, suggesting otherworldly power/abilities/origins.

-We see one of the rumored "Ooozesquitos", whose design suggests ooze is purple in Rise, as in the first season of the original cartoon.

-An homage/parody of either Bruce Lee or Elvis is an influence or favorite of Splinter and/or the turtles. We see this same character twice in the trailer, once on a projector that Splinter is showing the turtles, & again as a cardboard cut-out/poster decorating their home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo2003 View Post
Posted my trailer reaction/review before the official TMNT twitter revealed it. Thanks buzzfeed!
All you ever do is plug your Youtube channel, This is a forum, ya know, where you write out your opinions & get a sense of community.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Old 03-23-2018, 01:27 PM   #3791
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:

Yikes! No, you're not.

They're at least vigilantes

Still not feeling the series Splinter still looks horrible and the animation looked janky in some areas, I know I won't get some Hayao miyazaki level of quality but some scenes looked so stiff and artificial.

Still giving this a try
Old 03-23-2018, 01:32 PM   #3792
Vicky82
Emperor

Here's the Youtube version

Old 03-23-2018, 01:33 PM   #3793
ColinStein
Foot Soldier

It's really choppy. Like they didn't even hired tweeners. Or inbetweeners. Whatever animation studios call it.
Old 03-23-2018, 01:42 PM   #3794
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
They're at least vigilantes
Which I would buy from Mike and Raph, the two on screen when that line was read.

But to each their own.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 03-23-2018, 01:55 PM   #3795
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Interesting how the animation reminds me of Johnny Bravo, a show I never watched but only seen advertisements for. I will watch this when it is on Hulu or Netflix. Hopefully the storyline is good.
Old 03-23-2018, 01:58 PM   #3796
Leonardo2003
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Insights from the traler:

-April works at a Chuck E Cheese-like establishment. This is likely where the turtles meet her. "We only came for the free pizza!" is a telling line in the context of that footage. She & the green team are fighting off what I'm guessing are animatronic characters, maybe a riff on Five Nights At Freddy's, given how popular it is with kids.

-The turtles wear disguises and/or additional gear on certain missions.

-Origami Ninja turn to paper shreds when attacked.

-Raphael refers to the turtles as "crimefighters", so we can assume that they go out and seek battles, rather than deal with those that fall into their lap. This makes them more like Fred Wolf's turtles than any other iteration.

-There are stealth elements, as we see the turtles doing recon, spying on their enemies, & hiding in shadowy alleyways.

-The lair appears to be inspired by the Platinum Dunes films.

-The Foot Clan brute & mystic have flames over their heads, suggesting otherworldly power/abilities/origins.

-We see one of the rumored "Ooozesquitos", whose design suggests ooze is purple in Rise, as in the first season of the original cartoon.
http://i64.tinypic.com/3358393.png

-An homage/parody of either Bruce Lee or Elvis is an influence or favorite of Splinter and/or the turtles. We see this same character twice in the trailer, once on a projector that Splinter is showing the turtles, & again as a cardboard cut-out/poster decorating their home.
http://i66.tinypic.com/2hf2elt.png

All you ever do is plug your Youtube channel, This is a forum, ya know, where you write out your opinions & get a sense of community.
Hey man, I’m on a few other forums and I see a few youtubers posting their content and people like it. I’m not some YouTube fool haha I’m much closer to you guys as die hards. But I’ll respect that and stop linking!
Old 03-23-2018, 02:06 PM   #3797
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Hey man, I’m on a few other forums and I see a few youtubers posting their content and people like it. I’m not some YouTube fool haha I’m much closer to you guys as die hards. But I’ll respect that and stop linking!
I don't mind the links. Maybe it'd go over better if you share a few thoughts along with whatever link you're posting. Just a thought.
Old 03-23-2018, 02:14 PM   #3798
Wretched Reptile
Foot Soldier

Not entirely sure what to think just yet. I still don't hate it, and it still looks fun to me. But like others have said, the animation seems slightly off somehow. Maybe it's just that jarring 'first look' kind of factor and it will simply take getting used to it. I dunno. I'm not going to judge off a teaser trailer anymore than I would have from the first promo pics or the toys. I'll need to see several episodes through before I make a real decision on it. But it definitely doesn't look to come remotely close to eclipsing 2012 so far, or any other previous series for that matter. I agree with Cubed that this will probably end up being the weakest show in the franchise to date, even if it's enjoyable. Who knows. Maybe it will still surprise us. I'm still in for letting it find ways to impress me and will watch the first season with an open mind.
Old 03-23-2018, 02:15 PM   #3799
Kingoji
Hench Mutant

I'll give it a couple episodes, but that did zero for me.
Old 03-23-2018, 02:24 PM   #3800
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Maybe just put a permanent link in your signature like Powder has for his art. Then people will see your YouTube link anytime you comment about anything. Lots of people do that. Just an idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched Reptile View Post
Maybe it will still surprise us. I'm still in for letting it find ways to impress me and will watch the first season with an open mind.
That’s all we really can do. However I would prefer to say it’s “love at first sight” and not “it will take some getting use to.” But I guess that’s life.
Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters