The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 02-28-2020, 07:55 AM   #221
lonewarrior20
Stone Warrior

I don't know how old bea is, but with ms. Gonzalez if a third old female rodent mutant shows up, I might have to do a parody picture of the golden girls called the rodent girls.
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 02:30 PM   #222
Lord Nightwalker
Stone Warrior

I'm kinda rooting for her to take on the lil' albino mutant turtle as an apprentice. Do kind of a lone wolf and cub thing, i say that because that's the first thing people think of when a martial artist mentors or raises a small orphan. Lol.
Lord Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 09:35 AM   #223
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igglet View Post
holy **** literally no one cares about your beef
you'll care if he one day starts messaging you.
Old 03-04-2020, 09:44 AM   #224
myconius
Abby Normal

personally i've been supportive of Jennika as a character since the 'What is Ninja' back-up story, in TMNT: Universe. you can even look up the threads from back when it was published.

i also really liked the moments between Leonardo training Jennika back in issue #61.

but i'm really not sure if i like the idea of mutation Jennika into a Turtle. it just seems like a gimmick. as if to say "now you have to like her as a character, because she's a Ninja Turtle".

i liked her as a character before, but now this just really feels forced.
Old 03-04-2020, 09:50 AM   #225
myconius
Abby Normal

i think one of the biggest problems IDW TMNT has faced as it has further progressed, is introducing and juggling WAY too many characters.

characters stories need to be wrapped up sooner, and not dangled along for years and years.

i have to say that for all that i enjoyed about IDW's City at War, a lot of it felt really rushed. the pacing going from very 'slow burn' to extremely rushed really made it difficult to get emotionally invested in.

i liked how this Jennika issue one called back to Jenny's life before the Foot Clan, but now we are introducing even more new characters to have to juggle in the already over-crowded main series.
Old 03-04-2020, 10:11 AM   #226
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist

The first issue felt somewhat bland, certainly underwhelming compared to what I was expecting. And it's not that I don't like Jennika - like so many others apparently don't - but my favorite bits had already been shown in the preview. I'll wait until the whole mini is out to consolidate my opinion, but for now, it seems destined to (ironically!) keep Casey & April company in the bottom tier of IDW TMNT fare. Not bad, just not as good as everything else.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 02:15 PM   #227
Cloudrunner
Foot Soldier

I'm less interested in what Jennika is doing in Mutant Town and more in Mutant Town itself. I would rather have a book of a couple 2-3 page one-off stories about how various mutants are coping, maybe some of the daily goings-on in Alopex's shelter, some of the work the Mutanimals are doing, etc.
Cloudrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 02:23 PM   #228
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudrunner View Post
I'm less interested in what Jennika is doing in Mutant Town and more in Mutant Town itself. I would rather have a book of a couple 2-3 page one-off stories about how various mutants are coping, maybe some of the daily goings-on in Alopex's shelter, some of the work the Mutanimals are doing, etc.
Agreed! I actually think there's a very good chance we'll get something like that when the focus of the ongoing eventually turns away from Mutant Town or widens to other goings-on elsewhere. The potential right now for stories featuring both old but underused and brand new characters is truly limitless.
Old 03-12-2020, 09:29 AM   #229
AlZarkovski
Stone Warrior

#2 first look:

Spoiler:
Old 03-12-2020, 11:08 AM   #230
Cloudrunner
Foot Soldier

lol I don't think the writer could make it any more clear that the cure is ********.
Cloudrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 11:11 AM   #231
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudrunner View Post
lol I don't think the writer could make it any more clear that the cure is ********.
I know, right? A real cure would have to come from Null and no one else.
Old 03-12-2020, 11:33 AM   #232
lonewarrior20
Stone Warrior

I'm just glad we're seeing people being people. Who knows if the quarantine finally gets lifted and mutant town rebuilt, then with the wall it'd be a heck of an emergency shelter/base for the invasion we know is coming.
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 12:30 PM   #233
Mutant Ninja Anole
Hench Mutant

Sadly, scam artists would be quite realistic here.
Old 03-14-2020, 08:45 PM   #234
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Does anyone else feel like they live in Mutant town with this Coronavirus???
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 01:27 PM   #235
Jazzfox
Random Punk

Whew! Just got caught up on the first two issues today and now, not sure where to start

The main title has been taking a more emotional Northampton-styled break from the main action, so this title right now has felt like a fresh air of more light-hearted stuff

PARTICULARLY with Billy and Barry, it seems like mutants come best packed in twos if this is anything to go by, just the right mix of ridiculous and fun to a brief action scene

I agree plenty that it's being red herringed like anything the cure is not what anyone's gonna want, or at least that there are gonna be some very, very nasty consequences for that poor lady in the video they showed

(I dig Ivan's slightly less animalistic mutation, sets him apart somewhat, weirdly makes me trust him far less as the most human looking of the lot there)

And on final notes, I LOVE the extra stories at the back pages, they may only be a few pages, but they add tons in here, Wreckreation being a new fave just to show some of the different female characters off and how things go for Mona Lisa's attempts to band them together for 'girls night', lol, more of that kind of story or others to show us lil windows into other background mutants as others have mentioned please

(Also, Goddamnit that panel of Sally and the knitting, need to find some meme-y youtube vids now!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
Does anyone else feel like they live in Mutant town with this Coronavirus???
Actually thought about making a topic on this subject myself how accidentally relevant all of this is with things going on right about now, felt it was a little too on the nose for a full topic, but, won't lie if it's certainly helping me empathise right about now >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
I don't know how old bea is, but with ms. Gonzalez if a third old female rodent mutant shows up, I might have to do a parody picture of the golden girls called the rodent girls.
Adding this to the 'must draw' pile if we get that third elderly mutant, lol

(Please excuse any long time in replies, sometimes offline for long periods!)
Jazzfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 01:46 PM   #236
Mutant Ninja Anole
Hench Mutant

Only read the first issue so far, but I just want to drop by and say...

The gag about not knowing exactly what animal you’ve been mutated into was hilarious to me.
Old 03-25-2020, 01:59 PM   #237
Jazzfox
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Ninja Anole View Post
Only read the first issue so far, but I just want to drop by and say...

The gag about not knowing exactly what animal you’ve been mutated into was hilarious to me.
Agreed! I'm only sad they beat me to writing it into a fanfic about Bea being confused whether she was a mouse or a possum, but I think not many folks in NYC would have had a taxonomy book in their pants when they got hit by the mutagen bomb

While jury may be out on a lot of occupants of mutant town, I'll say that I'm very invested in how Silas goes from here as a ferret/mongoose, lol

Old 03-25-2020, 08:44 PM   #238
Mutant Ninja Anole
Hench Mutant

Read the next issue. Gotta admit, I don’t trust Silas. First off, I’m inclined to view anyone who wears a hammer and sickle badge along with the edgy upside down cross, and hasn’t changed that look in, what, years? with skepticism. He shows a lot of signs of gaslighting Jennika. “Oh your memories are wrong, I thought you were behind me. I totally searched for you!” Guy’s kindof a loser. In fact I could sort of see the joke getting a call back.

“Sy, I think I figured out your animal.”
“Oh?”
“You’re a weasel.”

I watched the IV bag the woman on the video was hooked up to. It didn’t seem to go up or down. The really obvious (especially with the lack of audio) play here is that they filmed some woman as she was was turned into a dog lady and they ran video backwards.

The only way I see the cure actually being legit is if they stole this from Null, not Hob, in which case the last issue may end with the group being pasted by a squad of mercenaries in black helicopters.

Last edited by Mutant Ninja Anole; 03-25-2020 at 09:36 PM.
Mutant Ninja Anole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 07:10 AM   #239
Jazzfox
Random Punk

Yeahhhhh, I dunno how much life we'll see of Silas as a background character, at best he's a screwup, at worst, he's possibly in on all of this, so much so I'd kill to have had your line included about him being a weasel

I lean towards him being more likely oblivious to the bigger problems he's got himself involved with now, but the jury is definitely out on him until we see what happens come final issue here

Also just a tiny thought, I understand art differences and all being a thing in portrayals of how Mutant Town generally looks (as well as when this story could have taken place in any of the six months between issue 100 and issue 101 of the main comic?) but I wonder on the Kennel Klub, since we just got to see it in the main comic, could Jennika's mini have shown the front entrance and the main comic showing off a rear entrance?

Old 03-27-2020, 09:11 AM   #240
Mutant Ninja Anole
Hench Mutant

Mutant Town does seem a bit more dilapidated in the main series doesn’t it? It’s boring, but I am curious how many basic amenities the town has. Electricity? Water? Gas? Wi-Fi? Cell service?

If the cure is a fake (and I’m at 90% sure it is) I actually do think Sy might be a believer and not in on the scam. He strikes me as manipulative, but that doesn’t mean he’s above being manipulated by others.

Tags
soylent green is people!