The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 02-12-2017, 06:32 PM   #201
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Karai has a second chance to know her father, of course she'd hang with them for a while. It is the time for making up for 17 years especially when it wasn't splinter's fault. But you know, status quo.
She's been with them a few times, and they're still hunted by Shredder. I'm sure if Shredder wasn't around she'd spend more time with them.

Quote:
Same with april. I mean... she does live with her dad righr? Or did she move out? Her dad doesn't need to be part of some big storyline, but he needs to appear or be mentioned once in a while so April doesn't look like a ****in orphan.
What for though? A middle-age man isn't interesting to see and he has nothing more to offer. We know he exists and we've seen him a few times, April goes home at the end of the day.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 06:41 PM   #202
Coola Yagami
Overlord

No... they made Karai sneak off and get captured by shredder right away, not even letting her spend a full night with them. Then we got brainwashing, mutating, a disagreement on how to take out shredder so she would hang with shini instead of with her family. It was just excuse after excuse so she wouldn't live with the gang at least for a few episodes.

I know if it was a comic or bolder show they would have let her live with them, like they did with alopex. Or how the Archie comics had mondo live with them for a while and later ninjara.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 06:43 PM   #203
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
No... they made Karai sneak off and get captured by shredder right away, not even letting her spend a full night with them. Then we got brainwashing, mutating, a disagreement on how to take out shredder so she would hang with shini instead of with her family. It was just excuse after excuse so she wouldn't live with the gang at least for a few episodes.
You see this as an excuse for her not to live with them, however after this all ended, she still doesn't live with them. So had the whole mutated snake/brainwash thing never happened, she'd still be as she is after.

Quote:
I know if it was a comic or bolder show they would have let her live with them, like they did with alopex. Or how the Archie comics had mondo live with them for a while and later ninjara.
Probably, but the writers are probably going for a, "after the Shredder is gone and everyone is safe" thing the characters can relax together.
Old 02-13-2017, 09:16 AM   #204
ABrown
Banned

Master Splinter is an alcoholic.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 10:06 AM   #205
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Same with april. I mean... she does live with her dad righr? Or did she move out? Her dad doesn't need to be part of some big storyline, but he needs to appear or be mentioned once in a while so April doesn't look like a ****in orphan.
April is roughly 18-19 years old now and can officially make the choice of moving away from home. Now that she is a Kunoichi it is possible she is living with the turtles because it's easier to do so, and also to keep her father out of danger. I'm sure she does go visit her father from time to time, but at this point it feels as though she is living with her adoptive family.
Old 02-13-2017, 10:10 AM   #206
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

What for though? A middle-age man isn't interesting to see and he has nothing more to offer. We know he exists and we've seen him a few times, April goes home at the end of the day.
I don't know maybe actually use him for the teenage aspect for April's character or hear his thoughts on April becoming a vigilante. Or maybe shed some light to her backstory or mother(something the writers put on hiatus) you can basically do a lot with Kirby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
April is roughly 18-19 years old now and can officially make the choice of moving away from home. Now that she is a Kunoichi it is possible she is living with the turtles because it's easier to do so, and also to keep her father out of danger. I'm sure she does go visit her father from time to time, but at this point it feels as though she is living with her adoptive family.
Where are you getting these ages from, the best thing we got for how time passes in this show was when Casey mentioned that the whole alien invasion thing happened a year ago and even then in season 3 Mikey said he was 15 years old
Old 02-13-2017, 10:16 AM   #207
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Quote:
I'm confused. I thought that her father got mutated again.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 10:40 AM   #208
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
I'm confused. I thought that her father got mutated again.
No, her Dad's still there he has a small cameo in owari
Old 02-13-2017, 10:50 AM   #209
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
I don't know maybe actually use him for the teenage aspect for April's character or hear his thoughts on April becoming a vigilante. Or maybe shed some light to her backstory or mother(something the writers put on hiatus) you can basically do a lot with Kirby.

Where are you getting these ages from, the best thing we got for how time passes in this show was when Casey mentioned that the whole alien invasion thing happened a year ago and even then in season 3 Mikey said he was 15 years old
There are references to time passing in the show without showing the turtles celebrating their mutation day. Such as Kraang subprime saying that it took two years to fix the technodrome in AE.

And also Splinter telling the turtles their childhood is nearly over. Which would mean the turtles are roughly 17 years old. Mikey saying he is 15 years old could be an indication that they haven't had a mutation day since their 15th one and without that milestone he doesn't register that they are older.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:18 AM   #210
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
There are references to time passing in the show without showing the turtles celebrating their mutation day. Such as Kraang subprime saying that it took two years to fix the technodrome in AE.

And also Splinter telling the turtles their childhood is nearly over. Which would mean the turtles are roughly 17 years old. Mikey saying he is 15 years old could be an indication that they haven't had a mutation day since their 15th one and without that milestone he doesn't register that they are older.
Whats AE also I took that as more of a metaphorical sense than a literal one.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:29 AM   #211
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Whats AE also I took that as more of a metaphorical sense than a literal one.
Annihilation: Earth, the two part finale of season 3.
Old 02-14-2017, 02:16 AM   #212
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
You sure that was booze though? Could've simply been some potent sedative type compound meant to make him sleepy.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 05:22 AM   #213
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
You sure that was booze though? Could've simply been some potent sedative type compound meant to make him sleepy.
could have been Ketamine?
Old 02-14-2017, 05:26 AM   #214
ssjup81
Foot Elite

IMO, Splinter was celebrating not having to teach them anymore physical things. After all the crap he's been through, he deserves a drink. lol Man, he and Kirby need to go out for drinks.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 11:57 AM   #215
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Splinter dying during a fight, as opposed to of old age. (while nothing was mentioned, it's even to assume that even in "Once Upon a Time Machine", he'd died because of old age)
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 01:20 PM   #216
Tarris Vaal
Stone Warrior

Another thing to add -

Super Shredder as a dedicated plot arc and not just a last minute plot device.

I think its also fair to say that although IDW introduced Alopex, her inclusion in Nick cements her place in future iterations.

It'll be interesting to see if anyone tries to do anything with Shinigami in future versions as she has made remarkably little impact overall. She's just kind of... there...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...the-sedisverse
Tarris Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 02:33 PM   #217
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
one thing i've taken from this series is a character's repeated death really cheapens the impact of it all.

sometimes this show feels like a parody of itself.
Old 02-19-2017, 02:54 PM   #218
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I just thought of something else I'd like to see return. Shredder having his squad of enforcers. No more just 1 or two henchmen. That's always been stupid. Why only have 1 or two top guns when you're facing a team of four turtles. You're sending them out to fight uneven odds, and then complaining when they fail.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 03:11 PM   #219
miru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I just thought of something else I'd like to see return. Shredder having his squad of enforcers. No more just 1 or two henchmen. That's always been stupid. Why only have 1 or two top guns when you're facing a team of four turtles. You're sending them out to fight uneven odds, and then complaining when they fail.
Yeah, that's the biggest deal. And also having elements from many other incarnations at once.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 03:28 PM   #220
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Shredder's henchmen this series were literally the same cast that worked for him in many previous incarnations:

Karai
Bebop/Rocksteady
Baxter
Rahzar

The only new ones were Fishface and Tiger Claw. We also had Hun for a while even if he looks like an Asian Bruce Lee clone in this show.