The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 06-17-2017, 03:15 PM   #1
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Do children you know like the 2010's toys?

As the title said, do any of the children you know like the 2010's toys, given they're TMNT fans.

Just thought it would be fun to know if they're fans of not just the TV series, comics and films, but also the toys.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 03:37 PM   #2
JonesyKitty
Mad Scientist

My 4 year old likes them. He doesn't really watch any of the shows but he will watch the 90's movies every now and then. I think toy wise he really only shows interest in them because my vintage ones are displayed in a cabinet in my living room. He only plays with the 4 Nick Turtles and Shredder but he also likes "the piggy and rhino-saurus"
Old 06-17-2017, 05:30 PM   #3
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

My friend's kid likes them as far as I know. Don't remember his age, but he's too young to have the accessories to the figures yet.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 05:14 PM   #4
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I don't really know any young kids. But the ones around here seem to really like the McD's ones that come in the meals. And I've seen a few kids playing with the Nick turtles.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 06:48 PM   #5
cloud
Stone Warrior

Just to be clear by 2010 you meant Back to the sewers series?
At that point, the 2k3 line was pretty much dead for me. I wasn't close to the border back then and didnt have a car so I gave up the 2k3 line because there's no new series coming to Canada at all.
The mini figures doesn't interest me. I don't know about the kids but assume at that point the sales weren't there because no new stock coming in and to be honest, rarely see kids around the toy ailes looking at TMNT toys.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 11:15 PM   #6
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Don't know any kids that play with these figures. But judging by the fact that they clog the shelves in most stores I visit that carry toys, they are not popular in my area at all.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 11:11 AM   #7
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
Just to be clear by 2010 you meant Back to the sewers series?
With the 2010's, I mostly mean toys based on the Nickelodeon series, IDW comics and Platinum Dunes films.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:45 AM   #8
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Just to be clear, The Nickelodeon series is best referred to as either Nickelodeon or 2012. 2012 is probably best, since Nick is working on an all-new series and we don't want to get those confused either. 2010 causes confusion, but carry on!

Also, I don't know any kids that like TMNT and even when out scouting for toys I never see kids looking at TMNT.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 11:51 AM   #9
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
With the 2010's, I mostly mean toys based on the Nickelodeon series, IDW comics and Platinum Dunes films.
IDW hasn't had any toys made of it. If they did, they would definitely sell like crazy.
Old 06-19-2017, 02:49 PM   #10
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
IDW hasn't had any toys made of it. If they did, they would definitely sell like crazy.
So true!

As far as the question goes. I was at the store the other day and over heard a family talking. They must have been shopping for a birthday gift. The kid asks "how about a ninja turtle?" One of the parents replied "he's not into those anymore." Or it was something along those lines anyway. I guess kids are already outgrowing the 2012 stuff. I'm not sure what was directly across from the turtles but that was the section the parents had the child choosing from instead of turtles.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 12:02 PM   #11
Overlord

2010's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
2010 causes confusion, but carry on!
I said the 2010's, which is the decade, not the year 2010.
Old 06-21-2017, 03:40 AM   #12
LuckyLadybug
Thug

A couple of years ago I saw a father buying Nick Turtles as Easter presents for his kids. And I see a lot of kids around here wearing Turtles shirts, although that wouldn't tell whether they buy the figures. Hmm. I know my nephews watch some version of the Turtles, but I don't know if they collect the figures. I bet they do; they love figures. And sometimes I see kids looking at the Turtles toys here. The selection has been pretty pitiful at Wal-Mart for sometime now, though. So different from last year when I finally bought a Michelangelo figure and there were rows and rows of figures.... Now there's like, two sparse rows on the main figure aisle and a couple more on an aisle across from it.
Old 06-21-2017, 04:59 AM   #13
bushido
Stone Warrior

https://www.npd.com/wps/portal/npd/u...-us-npd-finds/

TMNT is one of the most popular licence for kids in USA...as toys
Old 06-21-2017, 04:14 PM   #14
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
Strange, when thinking of many characters who first appeared in Archie became figures back in the late-1980's and early-1990's.
Old 06-21-2017, 07:06 PM   #15
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

What's interesting is that the kids I know don't seem to care which era of Turtles they're playing with either. You'd think they'd be familiar with the Nick show and want to play with that stuff, but they buy 2K3 toys and TMNT movie toys at flea markets and they're happy as Larry.

The only time a kid I knew balked at a Ninja Turtle toy was my cousin's kid when he saw my NECA Mirage Turtles. "Whoa?! Those are weird looking Turtles". No big deal, because I wasn't going to let him play with them anyway.
Old 06-21-2017, 07:32 PM   #16
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I first read this thread title as "Do children know you like the 2010s toys?" Honestly, I own a few but try to keep a low profile about it.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 11:37 PM   #17
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Strange, when thinking of many characters who first appeared in Archie became figures back in the late-1980's and early-1990's.
Different times. Back then Mirage was pretty much in charge of everything so they could do stuff like that. These days there are so many issues with who has the rights to do this and which company has the license to do that, that some things can't get done.
Which is a real shame. So many good things could happen with the brand but a lot of things prevent them from happening. :(
Old 06-22-2017, 02:45 AM   #18
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProactiveMan View Post
What's interesting is that the kids I know don't seem to care which era of Turtles they're playing with either. You'd think they'd be familiar with the Nick show and want to play with that stuff, but they buy 2K3 toys and TMNT movie toys at flea markets and they're happy as Larry.
I guess even the 1987-1996 toys are a popular, especially after the crossovers.
Old 06-23-2017, 03:24 PM   #19
discordiatookie
facehugger

My son's got some of the toys, but I'm biased, he was always going to have! Our neighbour's kid (aged 5) also has some toys and merch. And going into nursery daily, there's usually a TMNT t-shirt or hoody amongst the clothing.
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 08:33 AM   #20
Overlord

Crossovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProactiveMan View Post
What's interesting is that the kids I know don't seem to care which era of Turtles they're playing with either.
The crossovers ("Turtles Forever" and "Transdimensional Turtles") may have contributed to that.