The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 01-07-2005, 12:56 PM   #121
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

as someone on the PGC forms pointed out, the games are totally diffrent.

The NBA Street game just has Mario and co in it.

The DDR game is based AROUND Mario, it doesnt' just have a SMB song tossed in for fun.
Kid Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 12:57 PM   #122
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Why is it excessive? Two games isn't that bad if you ask me. I'd understand if Mario was in every game nintendo put out but as far as I know that isn't the case. I'll draw the line at "Doom 4: Albanese Attack."

...Even that sounds fun...

And if the DDR is based around Mario or nintendo tunes? All the more fun! I'd love to play the song for Super Invincible Star.
Voltron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 01:56 PM   #123
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Hell yeah, I'll dance to that. Mario DDR is gonna be fun. We're finally getting a DDR game. YES!
Old 01-07-2005, 10:47 PM   #124
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

So, random speculation... where's a Nintendo character going to show up next?

My bet's on Mario in a Sonic game.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:26 PM   #125
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

I was kinda thinking the other way around, but yeah, something like that.

I want to see EAD and Sonic Team work together on something.....just to see what kind of wierd drugged up stuff they can come up with.

Feel the Magic + Shiggy Mushrooms = fun
Old 01-07-2005, 11:33 PM   #126
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

you know what'd be kinda cool with the DS? A Lego game.

You'd move the pieces around with the touch screen, cycle through colors and shapes with the L/R and D pad, and select things with the buttons.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:38 PM   #127
Super Moderator

That'd be a neat idea, but I'm unsure if I'd actually buy it. Definitely innovative, though.
愛 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 11:42 PM   #128
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Lego game on DS = good inovation. Lego Star Wars game on GBA = drug trip gone game design.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:16 AM   #129
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

See, I'm only buying games that put the DS to good use (with the exception of Mario 64. That was bought so I could brag that I can carry Mario 64 with me in my pants. Or tell random people that I have three plumbers and a dinosaur in my pocket.).

I'd buy something like that. It needs a little fleshing out (maybe a puzzle game, where you try to build from images, along the lines of Tetris). I dunno, I'd have fun with it though, and it'd sell well with the kiddies.

We need Team Ninja to make a boobie poking game though. You know they'll do it eventually.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:23 AM   #130
Super Moderator

Oh man, boobs. Nothing appeals to my heart like a pair of melons. I'd buy that for whatever price, baby.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:30 AM   #131
Peanut
Second Gear

You guys need to get laid...seriously.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 12:31 AM   #132
Super Moderator

Oh, don't make me break out the fat insults...I'll do it!
Old 01-08-2005, 12:32 AM   #133
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Screw Ninja Gaiden, we want Poke Mealon Jugs DS. Gotta squeeze 'em all!
Old 01-08-2005, 12:38 AM   #134
Super Moderator

*whistles* Owned.

Old 01-08-2005, 12:44 AM   #135
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

I like Jack Gleason.

Weastern Values are a poison, and Sony is the bearer of them. Oh, and before I forget, fu*k Capcom again.

In other news...

Another one bites the dust.

by: Matt Saunderson

It is unclear what will happen to Titus' overseas subsidiaries, including Interplay.

French videogame publisher Titus Interactive was declared bankrupt today by a commercial court in France. The decision has eliminated any hopes of Titus reversing their poor financial situation. Titus had been under a redressment judiciaire or protected status so that it could develop a plan to get out of its 33 million euro debt (About US$44 million). While Titus was under until February 7th, 2005, the court removed the company’s status citing Titus’ inability to fund any projects to eliminate the debit.

"Titus was unable to finance any new games. There was no hope of financial rectification," said the Judge, speaking to La Tribune, a French newspaper.

As a result of the ruling, the 30 employees at Titus Interactive will be laid off, effective immediately. In addition, all Titus assets will be liquidated. Titus three French subsidiaries, Avalon France, GIE Titus Interactive, and Sofra Jeux, are currently still under a redressment judiciaire. It is hoped that they will be able to continue operations without their parent company.

Titus' overseas subsidiaries are not affected by the decision in France today. It is unknown if the subsidiaries, which include Titus Japan, Titus USA, Interplay, Cat Software, Uco Games, Avalon Interactive, DIGITAL Integration, and Bluesky Software, will be able to continue operations without their parent company, however.

Analysts believe it is likely that Titus' most notable subsidiary, Interplay, will sell off their intellectual property in a bid to remain in operation. The 67 percent of Interplay that is owned by Titus will most likely be liquidated.

GameCube Advanced and the Advanced Media Network will keep you

Bye Bye Titus. You sucked, you made sh*tty games, and now you can rot with Accliam. Feels good to be getting rid of the trash. *glares at EA*
Old 01-08-2005, 12:45 AM   #136
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

YAMAUCHI SPEAKS!

I mean, really... Iwata woulden't talk like that. Ever.

Bless you, Yamauchi.

Now, he leaked some Revolution information . There will infact be a new control scheme.... and a new type of plastic? wtf? Now I'm confused again. >_<.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:45 AM   #137
Peanut
Second Gear

That was such an awesome article! F*ck you Mikami you double faced bastard!
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 12:48 AM   #138
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

How bout we cut the bastard's head off.

God I LOVE it when the old man comes out. This makes my theory about the touch screen controller seem a little closer within grasp....
Old 01-08-2005, 12:54 AM   #139
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

I also like how they're keeping connectivity. I obviously wasn't that bad of an idea, because the PSP's supposed to connect to the PS3. Of course, the PSP'll only run for half an hour, so you'll have to stop playing Generic Title A to recharge it.

I've decided that Yamauchi is my new God, plain and simple. He's just too awesome not to be.
Old 01-08-2005, 01:00 AM   #140
Super Moderator

Just a little conversation my friend and I had. Please don't message him with flame or spam.

Spatocks: are you a fan of nintendo?
Spatocks: the company
soba de naku: Not...particularly. I don't really care all that much about systems. I just buy them and play games on them.
Spatocks: http://www.gamerah.com/noticias.php?bias=180
Spatocks: you might find that interesting
Spatocks: read the english article
soba de naku: Right, I know. I'm checking it out now. This is some funny stuff.
Spatocks: its nuts, and complete arrogance and ignorance on the part of yamauchi
soba de naku: I'll never buy PSP, that's for DAMN sure.
Spatocks: i like how he says it looks like a penis
Spatocks: i dont see it
soba de naku: Me either, but a penis reference is always humorous.
Spatocks: i like how ballsy he is, but sometimes its just like, what are you talking about?
Spatocks: imean, no offense,but apple is the american equivalent of nintendo in terms of a company
Spatocks: and he just bashes microsoft out of jealousy, it seems
soba de naku: All three companies seem to be doing just fine, it's just out of pure fandom for the company of Nintendo.
soba de naku: A lot of topics brought up without facts.
soba de naku: PSP sucks. We got that, and there's plenty of facts there to support that.
soba de naku: These companies have their ups and downs, and there's really no need to pull this kind of stuff, but damn, is it funny.
Spatocks: well, yeah. But microsoft is also on an entirely different level than nintendo. It is even arguable that Sony is as well.
Spatocks: they're doing well, for the sizes of their businesses.
soba de naku: Nintendo has been around much longer than them, and also have a larger space for errors.
soba de naku: Virtual Boy, anyone?
soba de naku: But you have to take a step back and look at all three of each system's target market.
soba de naku: It seems like Microsoft goes for the sports gamers.
soba de naku: Sony for the...I can't even figure that one out.
soba de naku: And Nintendo for the old skool fans.
soba de naku: There's plenty to go around.
Spatocks: i dont know. I mean, you have more knowledge than I, but i think its more than that
Spatocks: Sony's markets are FAR FAR larger than nintendos
Spatocks: their major income is not even video games
soba de naku: Definitely.
Spatocks: its entertainment media other
Spatocks: like
soba de naku: Sony has a lot of advertising, too.
Spatocks: thats an entirely different market nintendo will never be able to touch
soba de naku: As Nintendo relies on internet and word of mouth.
soba de naku: But as far as I can tell, Nintendo doesn't really care. They let their products do the talking.
soba de naku: Like DS.
soba de naku: I wanted one for Christmas. My mom couldn't find it anywhere.
Spatocks: and i would disagree with the point that nintendo is old school. If it were any other system, it could be argued to be a stale and stagnant company,but because its nintendo, it seems that the allure of the past and reminiscing just draws the fans
Spatocks: i mean
Spatocks: sure
Spatocks: their hardware is great
Spatocks: but its not like its something that somebody else can't do, but instead they are actually trying to push the limits. Nintendo seems to me too worried about integrating the past into the future. Moreso than is needed.
Spatocks: And personally, I find their market to be much younger, like, children young, demographically
Spatocks: sony and microsoft have all age markets
Spatocks: in a crap load of more markets
soba de naku: Well, sure.
Spatocks: the nintendo market, except for japan, doesnt go above 30's really
Spatocks: in any other country
Spatocks: and its only really in gaming
Spatocks: now, if he were talking soley about nintendo vs sony in the gaming industry and used that explicitly,thats one thing. But he wrings out sony for their entire enterprise
Spatocks: thats too bold. because they simply do things nintendo could never do
soba de naku: But is it really a problem to keep the target market at younger ages? I would suspect if they tried anything else, it wouldn't work. People view Nintendo as a sort of company that's for "kids."
Spatocks: sure, and thats fine
Spatocks: what im saying is that, instead of attack sony on that market alone, he went ahead and just gave this all encompassing blow to other corporations
soba de naku: Well, that was a sort of mistake on his part.
Spatocks: in their entirety
soba de naku: But...it's funny.
Spatocks: yeah, lol
Spatocks: it is
soba de naku: Personally, I don't really see what's so interesting about all of this.
soba de naku: They're going to make ****.
soba de naku: Give it to me.
soba de naku: That's all I ask for.
soba de naku: That may sound a tad ignorant, but I think ignorance is bliss in this topic of discussion, don't you agree?
Spatocks: yeah, i just think its a shame though, speaking generally, that sucha renowned and large company as nintendo would endorse such a policy and attitude. I mean, non international cooperation will only hurt nintendo's ability toput '****' out, and in that sense, eventually hurt all of those who turned the other way.
soba de naku: You bring up an interesting point, but I wouldn't worry so much about it.
soba de naku: It's the "console war" that's been going on for ages.
Spatocks: im all for the integration of US and japan in terms of business and culture, and these are thekinds of attitudes that brought japan to its knees in the early nineties whentheir banks tanked completely.
Spatocks: yeah.

It's an interesting view, indeed.