The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: A moment of silence for Hamato Yoshi
Looks like Shredder has given up on Karai ever seeing him as a father again 4 6.78%
Rockwell: (sarcastically) Egad, I could barely defend myself 4 6.78%
Mikey: My dudes, my bros, my Turts...it's that time again. Our series is winding down 7 11.86%
Splinter: Leadership doesn't come from your head, it comes from your heart 8 13.56%
Splinter...T.T 14 23.73%
Casey: (Flips garbage truck lever) Oops 22 37.29%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-19-2017, 11:48 AM   #61
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
What makes it more of an impact is that this time, you can actually see the blades piercing through Splinter whereas last time, the camera cut above him and Shredder's blades so you wouldn't be able to fully see it.
You can hear the fleshy sound as well.
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 12:11 PM   #62
Coola Yagami
Overlord

This episode was intense, and Splinter's death was handled with much more seriousness than the first time. No Casey yelling 'AWESOME!!!' at the end to ruin the mood.

Honestly surprised they showed a clearer camera angle that shows that without a doubt, Shredder is clearly impaling Splinter. If it weren't for the kid rating system, the only thing to complete this scene would have been the pool of blood spilling at Shredder's feet.

Very well done episode, and the next one is gonna be just as intense.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 12:17 PM   #63
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
MIkey cried in Season 3 final and at the beginning of Beyond the Known Universe you see a pic of the turtles crying.

The only time that the turtles cried in the 2003 show was Raph in Tales of Leo.
Mikey and Leo also were shown with tears in their eyes during the vision quest episode, and Donnie was close to breaking down in tears in Revenge of the Triceratons.
Old 02-19-2017, 12:41 PM   #64
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I'm fine with TigerClaw and maybe Baxter living and having a presence in season 5, but the rest of the Foot deserve to die.
Steranko, Zeck, and Baxter, IMO, don't deserve to die because they were forced to work for Shredder and were forcibly mutated. Xever and Bradford were loyal to Shredder willingly....ok well Xever kind of. If any of them needed to go, it was Bradford.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 01:07 PM   #65
CyberCubed
Overlord

The two best things of this episode was Carter and the movie 1 references.

Great ep overall, but yeah if they didn't fake out on Splinter's death so many times before this, it would have had a bigger impact. Still if Splinter really is dead for good, I give them props for being the first TMNT cartoon to actually kill him off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronardo View Post
Right with you there. You could skip a season's worth of episodes (half of 3 and half or more of 4) and it wouldn't change the storyline much and make the pacing better.
What on earth is that supposed to mean? The point of TMNT is not just the Turtles fighting Shredder 24/7. The space arc, as well as all the other various episodes that didn't have Shredder in them, are important episodes because they've about the Turtles adventures and mythos. TMNT isn't anime, there's no reason to complain about "filler" when all of TMNT is like this. Likewise the Turtles going into space is important to every TMNT incarnation.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 01:12 PM   #66
matteso586
Stone Warrior

Is anyone surprised that attacking the exposed heart no longer works?

Apparently, April only wears her hair down every time she "goes super saiyan".

What was that Chris Bradford cartoon supposed to foreshadow. Imagine that being season 2's cartoon instead, then it would foreshadowIrma being revealed as a robot suit. LOL

Glad that Casey is getting better at the whole angst thing.
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 01:18 PM   #67
CyberCubed
Overlord

Bit of a shame Muckman isn't with the Mutanimals, I thought he joined them at the end of Season 3.
Old 02-19-2017, 01:24 PM   #68
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The two best things of this episode was Carter and the movie 1 references.
We had an episode with introspective implications of what it means to be a leader, the heavy burden one carries after loss and how they can turn it into their strength beautifully symbolised through poetic imagery

And THOSE were the best things about the episode?

No wonder this show got trash after Season 1. Y'all kept encouraging these dumbass pointless references to be put in instead of seeing if the show had anything of actual substance to offer.

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 01:24 PM   #69
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteso586 View Post
Is anyone surprised that attacking the exposed heart no longer works?

Apparently, April only wears her hair down every time she "goes super saiyan".

What was that Chris Bradford cartoon supposed to foreshadow. Imagine that being season 2's cartoon instead, then it would foreshadowIrma being revealed as a robot suit. LOL

Glad that Casey is getting better at the whole angst thing.
I think it's meant to represent and ending no one saw coming. For example the kid character in the tv show it just there for the most part every time they show him in the Chris Bradford series. But in this episode he comes forward and reveals he's actually a villain and there was nothing to suggest that before.

Then we have the death of Splinter. We know there are implied hints that Splinter would die, and we have had death of Splinter moments be it supposed death, or a death that is almost immediately retconned. So it's easy to assume that if Splinter died in the finale, they would come up with a way to reverse it. But then we see Splinter die for good and all and it's surprising to see a main character not only killed off on screen, but he is dead permanently.
Old 02-19-2017, 01:26 PM   #70
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTMNT2012 View Post
No wonder this show got trash after Season 1. Y'all kept encouraging these dumbass pointless references to be put in instead of seeing if the show had anything of actual substance to offer.
I'm joking, but I still loved those references.

And no, the show was never "trash," and has remained consistently good every season. Sure there were some bad or lackluster episodes, but that's the same for any series.
Old 02-19-2017, 01:32 PM   #71
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
What on earth is that supposed to mean? The point of TMNT is not just the Turtles fighting Shredder 24/7. The space arc, as well as all the other various episodes that didn't have Shredder in them, are important episodes because they've about the Turtles adventures and mythos. TMNT isn't anime, there's no reason to complain about "filler" when all of TMNT is like this. Likewise the Turtles going into space is important to every TMNT incarnation.
Because, yeah, the space arc in this show completely expanded on the mythos and lore of TMNT for this show in an intelligent way and all if not most of those elements came into play later on.

Without the episodes I have in mind, we would theoretically have better and more consistent pacing, no Splinter death fakeout (making this episode's events just a bit more impactful), and the exact same story we already have without the bullsh*t paradox of ELS. The events of that episode should've made the entire universe cave in onto itself.

I'm not talking about one comedic episode for fun purposes here, I'm talking about a large patch of episodes (pretty much every episode including the Triceratons) including very big story-based episodes that, if cut, would simply not change the outcomes of any episode that comes after it (thus far, anyway. If the Triceratons come back for Season 5, then I'll look pretty stupid).
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 01:37 PM   #72
Redworld96
Stone Warrior

Blacknerd's review:

Redworld96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 01:39 PM   #73
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronardo View Post
Because, yeah, the space arc in this show completely expanded on the mythos and lore of TMNT for this show in an intelligent way and all if not most of those elements came into play later on.
They're not important to the Shredder arc as said, but they'll important to the show or to the TMNT mythos. You could say the same about the 2k3 series episodes that didn't impact the Shredder story. Most of the original cartoon, Mirage comics, Archie, etc. all had random one-off stories with no connection to anything else. That's why I say every TMNT universe has always been like this.

Quote:
I'm not talking about one comedic episode for fun purposes here, I'm talking about a large patch of episodes (pretty much every episode including the Triceratons) including very big story-based episodes that, if cut, would simply not change the outcomes of any episode that comes after it (thus far, anyway. If the Triceratons come back for Season 5, then I'll look pretty stupid).
Well then they could have theoretically ended the whole Shredder storyline by the end of Season 3, pushing all the other eps into Season 4. But then people would complain Shredder was axed too early in the series, and now the Turtles are just on random adventures.

The TMNT franchise has historically always had trouble moving on from Shredder, at least outside of Mirage. There's a reason 4kids kept bringing back alternate Shredder's after Ch'rell, why the OT kept Shredder nearly to the end and some didn't like Lord Dregg, and why Archie and IDW keep bringing him back.
Old 02-19-2017, 02:13 PM   #74
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

Too many fake outs to make me care that Splinter perished in this episode me and my brother joked and said "No Dragon balls this time kiddos"

Everything else was fine, I like the references to the first movie and surprisingly Carter. Mikey didn't make me roll my eyes once so that's a bonus as well. I give it a 7/10 too many fake outs for me to even pretend to care.
Old 02-19-2017, 02:43 PM   #75
victory_angel
Foot Elite

I like how they opened things with the Turtles, by having Mikey saying that things are winding down by stating

Mikey: My dudes, my bros, my Turts...it's that time again. Our series is winding down, the end of a season...the final episode.

While he was using this to announce they would be seeing the last episode of Chris Bradford's 2 Rough Crew. In a way it's also Greg Cipes informing the viewers that the Turtle's story is coming to a close both in the case of this season as this is only one of two final episodes this season. But also because the Turtle's series itself at least this current one is also coming to a close.
Old 02-19-2017, 02:46 PM   #76
Coola Yagami
Overlord

This one did get me. The other times weren't real fake outs. We never saw a body. He could have been alive. Then that one time, the friggin planet blew up. Did anyone really think they were just gonna leave the planet destroyed and turn into Fast Forward with a whole new supporting cast? I knew even then that by default, whatever excuse they would use (in this case, time travel do-over) to bring back the planet, would also bring back Splinter.

This time there's none of that. Unless the next season does some Dragonball stuff, Splinter is gone for good.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 02-19-2017, 02:48 PM   #77
Ioz
Foot Soldier

Sad about Splinter. What the heck happened to Monkey Brains? Bad editing/writing to not show him escape or does know one care about him and he's done?
Ioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 02:51 PM   #78
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I guess it was hard to show everything. The episode was pretty fast paced after all. I mean, Fishface just vanished mid-battle.

Old 02-19-2017, 02:57 PM   #79
Ioz
Foot Soldier

Yeah, I was wondering a bit about Fishface as well. They could have easily shown Monkey Brains run out/carried out with the others at the same time, though.

Last edited by Ioz; 02-19-2017 at 03:02 PM.
Ioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 03:02 PM   #80
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post

This time there's none of that. Unless the next season does some Dragonball stuff, Splinter is gone for good.
Cloning, mutagen, more time travel, evil twin, healing coma, alternate dimension, ritual, possession, the will of god, reincarnation, etc including getting a wish granted. There's countless ways of doing it.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote