The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 02-10-2012, 01:36 PM   #21
nofuture4u
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot Soldier Clang View Post
I actually wouldn't mind them bringing back Pizza Points. I never had a chance to use the ones I collected. I wonder if they'd accept classic pizza points . I mean, with inflation, maybe my 1 pizza point has gone up in value!
that would be awesome. That's about the only way I'd be down with pizza points is if they let you use the old ones too and had god crap to get.
nofuture4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:53 PM   #22
pihb
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnskull View Post
800 dollars spent. 20 dollar tshirt or 10 dollars in-store credit. woooo

You'd think if you buy a system and a controller and 6 games [much less x2], that alone would be enough to warrant giving you at -least- a free used game or SOMETHING interesting.
I like Best Buy for reward points. I bought a new imac and received a $25 gift card. that works for me.

Problem is the pizza points hold such a little value that it makes it irrelevant to collect except for nostalgic purposes
pihb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:53 PM   #23
Uki
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofuture4u View Post
that would be awesome. That's about the only way I'd be down with pizza points is if they let you use the old ones too and had god crap to get.
Um...god crap? That would be really scary, really big turds?

I think they'd work best as a "Save X-# of these and send (with a check for $6.95 S&H) to Playmates, get an exclusive Hamato Yoshi with rat figure or something.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:40 PM   #24
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"

I've never heard of someone buying TWO systems at the same time. Or even to have two in the house. That's unusual and crazy to me.

I would be up for the Pizza Points, but like others have said, if it gets you something like collectible figures, or something really special. Something that would actually be worth it to collectors, and not just casual fans.

I remember the Pizza Points back in the day, but I never had many of them. I think I even saved them for a while.

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:

DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:31 AM   #25
AcidBurn30
Foot Soldier

yeah, they should bring back pizza point..i miss it!
AcidBurn30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:30 AM   #26
pannoni1
Foot Elite

Found this listing with the 1994 selection. As you can see, its mostly junk. Even the silver coin set at $35 (that's what I paid recently for one) wasn't a great buy at the time considering silver back then was only around $6 and ounce. A pizza point was worth approximately 12 1/2 cents, but it really stinks that they can only cover a small minority of the purchase price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Teenage-Muta...item19cdf2f325

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:46 AM   #27
juxtapose519
Foot Soldier

I still have the Christmas ornament that I got from the pizza points catalogue and it goes on my tree every year.

I also got my mouser as a mail-away offer on the labels of Ninja Turtles Spaghetti-O's cans. Not exactly pizza points, but same idea.

I think it was a great promotion that I'd be happy to see come back. It's a great way to get access to stuff that isn't available at retail. Sure you still have to shell out some cash, but it's still awesome.

Collection | Trade
juxtapose519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:01 AM   #28
Dragnskull
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by pihb View Post
I like Best Buy for reward points. I bought a new imac and received a $25 gift card. that works for me.

Problem is the pizza points hold such a little value that it makes it irrelevant to collect except for nostalgic purposes
I hate bestbuy and every detail of how that store operates. Ontop of which that 25 dollars you got as a gift card doesnt make up for the 200 dollar increase on the price tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonatelloFan View Post
I've never heard of someone buying TWO systems at the same time. Or even to have two in the house. That's unusual and crazy to me.

I would be up for the Pizza Points, but like others have said, if it gets you something like collectible figures, or something really special. Something that would actually be worth it to collectors, and not just casual fans.

I remember the Pizza Points back in the day, but I never had many of them. I think I even saved them for a while.

I've known many people to have two of the same systems in one household. However, in my situation I was buying xmas presents.
Dragnskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:20 PM   #29
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.

No to any Pizza Points or other mail-in premiums. They'd no doubt only be available to the USA, meaning collectors from elsewhere in the world would either have to try and get them from friends/contacts in America or pay way over the odds on secondary sites.

Been through this too many times before, and more often than not it's resulted in me dropping the line. It's basically penalizing consumers for not living within a specific area.
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 07:53 PM   #30
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Scarealot View Post
When I was a kid I was almost obssesed witht the Pizza Points as I was with the figures. I remember trading other toys (gi joe, star wars) to other kids for their points.

I think it would be great if they brought them back. Could be used for exclusive figure like Bigfoot, or exclusive merchandise not sold in stores.
They back now. But perhaps your to busy on MySpace and haven’t heard the news yet. You got your wish.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 04:59 PM   #31
Foot Soldier

I used to love pizza points...best memories of my childhood
1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 07:14 PM   #32
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

Do the new pizza points function the same way, is there a new catalog for redemption rewards or anything like that?
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 07:58 AM   #33
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

No one knows
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 12:50 AM   #34
TMNTooze
Foot Soldier

I’ll be excited if they do a promotional figure or items that you just pay shipping for. The Star Wars Vintage Collection did the rocket firing Boba Fett and prototype Boba Fett figures. You just put the stickers on the little order form and mail it in with a check for shipping. We can only hope it’s something similar, not holding my breath. It’s got my kids excited to see what’ they can get.
TMNTooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 11:53 PM   #35
Rukitron
Stone Warrior

https://playmatestoys.com/brands/ris...oints-rewards/ It's just unsold stock and some meh figurines. But hey Muck Man if you're desparate.
Rukitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 12:10 PM   #36
TurtleToys
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukitron View Post
https://playmatestoys.com/brands/ris...oints-rewards/ It's just unsold stock and some meh figurines. But hey Muck Man if you're desparate.
Has anybody received the muckman? Is it a 2017 repaint? He’s 50 points. You only get 4 points per basic figure. Just wondering if the muckman is worth buying 13 figures.
TurtleToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 07:12 AM   #37
Panda Khan
Foot Soldier

I vaguely remember sending a request for the catalog and receiving a crude, white photocopied page of the things they offered. It was a bit of a let down and after that I didn't bother saving them...not that I had that many to start.

I got more bang for my buck with Kool-Aid points. I redeemed a ton of those.
Old 10-30-2018, 03:22 PM   #38
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleToys View Post
Has anybody received the muckman? Is it a 2017 repaint? He’s 50 points. You only get 4 points per basic figure. Just wondering if the muckman is worth buying 13 figures.

No one will know until early January 2019 as that's when those who redeemed the points for Muckman will receive him. Shipping for the three pizza points packages is expected early January 2019.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote