The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 06-08-2018, 01:57 AM   #1
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist

TMNT Adventures Volume 16

The final volume will be released on December 11th, 2018. Looks like the cover is not new but I think it looks like the original from issue #72.

https://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutan...VKANP87KM9D8MG
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 02:10 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

They can still release Year of the Turtle and the other specials/mini's they skipped over.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 02:31 PM   #3
Powder
Endless Screw

Cover's just a placeholder, I assume.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 03:27 PM   #4
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist

Another website is using the same cover.

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/b...9781684053711/

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
They can still release Year of the Turtle and the other specials/mini's they skipped over.
Yes indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Cover's just a placeholder, I assume.
That’s what I thought at first. Being a placeholder could be very true. Considering all the other covers to my knowledge are original to these reprints.

But then I noticed the original Archie logo location in the corner and the UPC code spot on the cover are both removed. For some reason that was making me think this is the final cover. But it might not be.
Old 06-08-2018, 03:55 PM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

This does represent the last of the "core" book that IDW is has to reprint (er, or at least is willing to reprint), though, yes?

Shouldn't be long then on a "Forever War" announcement, if there is to ever be one.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 04:19 PM   #6
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
This does represent the last of the "core" book that IDW is has to reprint (er, or at least is willing to reprint), though, yes?

Shouldn't be long then on a "Forever War" announcement, if there is to ever be one.
I mean... Maybe they're interested in making Forever War but I doubt it. Something tells me IDW higher ups don't care for this series at all, that something is just how crap these reprints are. And make no mistake, these reprints are awful, beyond the Muhammed/China shaped hole. It looks like scans and the paper is cheap as hell. It's not even good scans either, they actually went with misprint copy of issue 54. The only reason I think IDW even bothered completing the Adventures reprints, is because it turned some kind of a profit, despite the shoddy work that went into them.

You're actually better off printing out scans by yourself. I'm dead serious, the scan I found for issue 54 doesn't just have the missing page, it looks cleaner too!
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 08:00 PM   #7
darthsmozers
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post

This is hurting my emotions. If only!
darthsmozers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 08:01 PM   #8
darthsmozers
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I mean... Maybe they're interested in making Forever War but I doubt it. Something tells me IDW higher ups don't care for this series at all, that something is just how crap these reprints are. And make no mistake, these reprints are awful, beyond the Muhammed/China shaped hole. It looks like scans and the paper is cheap as hell. It's not even good scans either, they actually went with misprint copy of issue 54. The only reason I think IDW even bothered completing the Adventures reprints, is because it turned some kind of a profit, despite the shoddy work that went into them.

You're actually better off printing out scans by yourself. I'm dead serious, the scan I found for issue 54 doesn't just have the missing page, it looks cleaner too!
This is all true. But being an Archie TMNT completist, I've been suckered into buying every volume.
darthsmozers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 09:18 PM   #9
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist

If you get these on instocktrades you only pay $13 per book. That is a good price for what they are. Only three bucks and some change per issue.

Itís a convenient way to just quickly read some old turtle books and not have to worry about keeping something in mint condition. Give it to your kid, take in on the bus or reading material in the bathroom.

If quality got improved price would go up. Iím not sure how many people would buy these at a $49.99 price point. Especially with over a dozen volumes to complete the set.
Old 06-15-2018, 04:43 PM   #10
pferreira
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
For once I have to agree with you on something. I have the Archie stories printed in the UK comic and the quality looked clearer.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote