The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 05:06 PM   #4401
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Okay, then where's the ones where it's Mikey?

Or Donnie, the one who is typically Leo's right hand guy (and visa versa) and would make a bit more sense.

Still bugs me that the feeling seems to be that Leo's place in the whole thing is the one that should be free to be screwed with. And why Raph. If the franchise had a history of Mikey being envious of Donnie's smarts, would it be okay (or make sense) to usurp Donnie too and "allow" Mikey to have his job? Then make Donnie just a tag-along.

Leo was never an easy one for some people to write to begin with, because being leader is kind of a very basic defining trait if people look at him at just the surface. So they take it away from him and then... how is he even needed? They turn him into some kind of nitwit in order to compensate. Shame. He's got so much more going for him generally that they could have tapped into in the meantime.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-26-2018 at 05:18 PM.
Old 06-26-2018, 05:44 PM   #4402
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

Actually I think its saying "discover their destiny in Rise"

Raph may step down as leader. Or he may excel and become a good leader. I'm honestly tickled by how you guys won't give him a chance.

But really their position in the hierarchy aside, I am very concerned about their personalities. Why is Leo such a doofus. Its rather strange. And Raph is stupid which is not a good leader quality. But we already know this is a silly show with silly bad guys so I don't think we're even meant to feel like there is a high stakes situation going on in any given episode.

It's like Leo and Mikey switched places but at the same time they are the same character.

I always imagine Leo as the kind of person who has to balance stoicism and charisma. I tend to get bored with Leo when he is all stoicism. A Leo with a sense of humor is the best. But you can always take that too far.

But seriously I will watch a few episodes of this out of blind curiosity but I have to wonder, if Leo is taking up the helm as the stupid one then what role is Mikey filling? Mikey is still his silly self but he is also described as "having mad skills" Something I would normally attribute to Leo.

I dunno. Am I over thinking this? I probably am.

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!
Old 06-26-2018, 06:05 PM   #4403
Xiewin
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Still bugs me that the feeling seems to be that Leo's place in the whole thing is the one that should be free to be screwed with. And why Raph. If the franchise had a history of Mikey being envious of Donnie's smarts, would it be okay (or make sense) to usurp Donnie too and "allow" Mikey to have his job? Then make Donnie just a tag-along.
This isn't really anything new. All the turtles have been messed with in some kind of way. People have been complaining about misrepresentation of their favorite characters for years. I'll argue that Leonardo has been the most consistent out of the bunch, actually.
Old 06-26-2018, 06:07 PM   #4404
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejablue View Post
I always imagine Leo as the kind of person who has to balance stoicism and charisma. I tend to get bored with Leo when he is all stoicism. A Leo with a sense of humor is the best. But you can always take that too far.
And I love the fact that though he is a more stoic figure, he isn't entirely without a sense of humor. When he does occasionally crack a joke, have a moment of acting silly, or laughing hard over something, it makes it that much more genuine (and adorable) and I love that. Having him act goofy all the time will kind of ruin it.

Really, 2003 Leo needs to be 'Rise' Leo's crossover fill in for the Ancient One and whip his butt into shape. (15 years later... make him about 30.)

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-26-2018 at 06:15 PM.
Old 06-26-2018, 06:49 PM   #4405
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejablue View Post
Actually I think its saying "discover their destiny in Rise"
Your right, I listened to it again and it does say that so my bad
Old 06-26-2018, 08:45 PM   #4406
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Am I the only one surprised that Donatello nearly road-killed Leonardo?!

Seriously, that spooked me!
Old 06-26-2018, 08:53 PM   #4407
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

I'm glad to see that this series, like the previous one, is paying tribute to such an iconic theme song that I grew up with. It's clear that Nickelodeon wanted parents who may be watching shows like TMNT and Power Rangers with their kids to have that nostalgic feel when they hear these songs.
Old 06-26-2018, 09:56 PM   #4408
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

I hope this theme grows on me
It just feels rushed to me
Old 06-26-2018, 10:21 PM   #4409
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpugh2424 View Post
I hope this theme grows on me
It just feels rushed to me

I honestly think its super hype. I just hope the animation quality is in the show itself.

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!
Old 06-26-2018, 10:25 PM   #4410
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
Am I the only one surprised that Donatello nearly road-killed Leonardo?!

Seriously, that spooked me!
You get hung up on the weirdest ****.
Old 06-26-2018, 10:49 PM   #4411
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Given that there is a multiverse in TMNT. Some universes would probably have Raph being the leader. and some have Leo as the leader. So I'm not bothered by this.
And Mikey in another, and Shredder in another where Splinter is the bad guy and one where April is Shredder and Oroku Saki is a reporter for Channel 6. Multiverse solves everything.

Partners in Kryme was ahead of the game.
Old 06-26-2018, 11:32 PM   #4412
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
And Mikey in another, and Shredder in another where Splinter is the bad guy and one where April is Shredder and Oroku Saki is a reporter for Channel 6. Multiverse solves everything.

Partners in Kryme was ahead of the game.
I want a TMNT version of Exiles now.

(Actually I've been thinking of it since I started picking up the newest volume, but your comment gave me an excuse to bring it up)
Old 06-27-2018, 12:36 AM   #4413
Shark_Blade
Emperor

I’m glad we got rid of that tired trope of Mikey being the loud idiot/clumsy klutz in the group. He seems well composed, articulate and confident in this series, kinda like IDW Mikey which I like.

Now Leo is the klutz of the group it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I don't think "making a scene" is necessarily equated with being clumsy, and doubt that's what they mean. It's just in line with trying to make him a show off.
I was referring to the scene where Leo swung his sword but then loose his balance and fell backwards onto the battle shell windscreen. We’re gonna see that everytime a new episode airs, so it’s a trademark personality trait for him now.

Leo the klutz.
Old 06-27-2018, 03:02 AM   #4414
Vegita-San
Emperor

the animation looks like it COULD be good..

but my god. did someone on a caffeine speed trip animate this? it's WAY too damn fast moving, you can't tell what the hell is happening.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Old 06-27-2018, 05:16 AM   #4415
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I can already tell that I'm not going to be fond with this particular version of Leonardo.

Seriously, just ... what did they do to him? The red marks were already an overkill, but making him into an actual joke? (By making him trip off of the T-Van and fall on a wind-shield, no less?) I thought they were just going to give him more dynamic character traits (full of arrogance and charisma). But this? Just ... what were they thinking when they made this characterization change?

Well, he looks like a clown, so he might as well act like one.
Old 06-27-2018, 06:51 AM   #4416
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
I want a TMNT version of Exiles now.

(Actually I've been thinking of it since I started picking up the newest volume, but your comment gave me an excuse to bring it up)
Seconded! Cheerio
Old 06-27-2018, 08:13 AM   #4417
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Red face

Kinda hope Raph stays leader. It'll be a fresh new take and dynamic. Honestly between Venus, Sachs, Fast Forward and whatever else, TMNT lends itself better to be whatever it wants to be better than any other franchise.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 06-27-2018, 08:49 AM   #4418
MessierMA
New Recruit

From Chinese Weibo
https://weibo.com/nickkids
Old 06-27-2018, 08:53 AM   #4419
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

How awesome, I want to see more of these, concepts etc, really interesting, looks like you ca see a tiny bit of April on Mikeys right? Thanks for posting

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
Old 06-27-2018, 09:28 AM   #4420
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Thumbs up

Listening to the song again and it sounds more like 'putting faith on Riiiiiiise (of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)' instead of 'faith in Raph". That extra Riiiiiiise at the very end of the song sounds weird though.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters