The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 01-19-2020, 09:36 AM   #241
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueTurtle1 View Post
Agreed, but after all said and done, Sakurai caters to Sakurai.
I wish Miyamoto had a say in Smash Bros. development, he'd probably want Sakurai to add at least some other Zelda rep by now, we technically haven't had any Zelda newcomers since Melee in 2001.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 10:30 AM   #242
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I wish Miyamoto had a say in Smash Bros. development, he'd probably want Sakurai to add at least some other Zelda rep by now, we technically haven't had any Zelda newcomers since Melee in 2001.
That's always weird to me, Zelda is one of Nintendo's biggest IP and has a lot of diverse and iconic characters yet we haven't got a new fighter from the series in almost 20 years,
Old 01-19-2020, 11:25 AM   #243
CyberCubed
Overlord

Sakurai obviously doesn't care enough for the Zelda franchise. At least Ganon is a boss now, lol.

But Zelda and Donkey Kong are the two worst treated Nintendo franchises by Sakurai, given how popular they are. The fact that it took DK over 5 games just to get 3 characters and only fan demand got K. Rool in says enough. Dixie Kong should have been added 2 games ago. Donkey Kong is one of Nintendo's best selling franchises but if you look at the Smash roster you'd assume DK was some minor franchise or something.
Old 01-20-2020, 12:56 AM   #244
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Still feels like twilight link was cut to me, they should have left him in. I mean we got 8 Marths, so why not 4 Links, at least Zelda games are good lol.

Dixie Kong has been in my top 3 most wanted for many years ( even in a tag team, style play with Kiddy Kong).

I was disappointed when I saw Krystal as an assist character, as she was based on her DP design with the staff, she could have been a somewhat unique StarFox character.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 01:53 AM   #245
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Dixie Kong was planned to be a playable character in Brawl which may improve her chances of being future DLC here.

But then again, just because a character has been considered before doesn't mean they're gonna come back now (looking at you, Plusle and Minune).
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 05:40 AM   #246
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Dixie Kong was planned to be a playable character in Brawl which may improve her chances of being future DLC here.

But then again, just because a character has been considered before doesn't mean they're gonna come back now (looking at you, Plusle and Minune).
Does she have a sword?

I would love Earthworm jim!

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
Old 01-20-2020, 08:54 AM   #247
CyberCubed
Overlord

In terms of Nintendo all-stars who are recurring and not yet playable, the only really big ones not in Smash after all this time are Dixie Kong and some form of playable Toad. I guess you can count Waluigi too, but he's only been in spinoff games which is why he feels more minor.

Donkey Kong is the only franchise on the roster who doesn't feel complete. As said, it's absurd DK went all the way through Smash U with only 2 reps, it's one of Nintendo's biggest selling franchises. But Sakurai doesn't care for DK obviously, so that's why it's treated the way it is.

I think some form of Toad/Toadette as male/female alts will probably happen in the next Smash after this one, especially with Captain Toad as its own game, and Nintendo has been putting Toadette in every mainline Mario game lately. Waluigi will probably only happen if fan demand for him reaches Ridley and K. Rool levels.

And besides all that, the lack of a Zelda rep after 20 years is very suspect. But again, who knows. Zelda may never get a new rep, so I've kinda given up here.
Old 01-20-2020, 04:46 PM   #248
sdp
Megan Fox = April

How can they top ultimate, I really hope Smash 6 is totally different and sakurai isn't involved. I think the man has been great for smash but at this point I'd rather see new blood on the game and see sakurai make an awesome game that isn't smash.

The roster itself without sakurai would be a drastic change and that's good. Same if the game feels a bit different. Sakurai's talents are also being wasted with smash in a way. He did great but he's just continuing on doing what's worked so far and I'd rather new stuff from Sakurai and Smash, if not Smash 6 will only be Smash Ultimate without all the fighters. I wouldn't get mad if Sakurai is in smash 6 though despite the two paragraphs I just wrote.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 04:59 PM   #249
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
How can they top ultimate
I don't think they'll try. Not for a good long while. Any new Smash Bros. game with even 1/4 less the existing roster is going to disappoint.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 12:50 AM   #250
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Quote:
How can they top ultimate, I really hope Smash 6 is totally different and sakurai isn't involved. I think the man has been great for smash but at this point I'd rather see new blood on the game and see sakurai make an awesome game that isn't smash.

The roster itself without sakurai would be a drastic change and that's good. Same if the game feels a bit different. Sakurai's talents are also being wasted with smash in a way. He did great but he's just continuing on doing what's worked so far and I'd rather new stuff from Sakurai and Smash, if not Smash 6 will only be Smash Ultimate without all the fighters. I wouldn't get mad if Sakurai is in smash 6 though despite the two paragraphs I just wrote.
That's why people want their fav characters in this version, it is most likely the only chance they would be in smash with every character from smash history.

Old 01-21-2020, 03:49 AM   #251
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
How can they top ultimate
Not be limited to just video game characters and have completely new fighting mechanics.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 11:18 AM   #252
CyberCubed
Overlord

There’s not going to reboot. A new game would have a small Melee sized roster of about 20-25 characters which means only the biggest characters would make it. By the end of the DLC there will be 88 characters in this game. If you really think 60 characters will be cut by the next Smash and that would be well received that’s crazy.

Smash isn’t like other fighters that can start from scratch. People aren’t going to be ok with 60 characters being cut next time if they limit it to only the Nintendo all-stars like Smash 64 that only had 1 or so fighter from each franchise.
Old 01-28-2020, 10:46 PM   #253
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Byleth is mad fun to play. I love using her axe and arrow attacks.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 12:50 AM   #254
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Byleth is mad fun to play. I love using her axe and arrow attacks.
I think he's bland, adds nothing.

Old 12-22-2020, 07:26 PM   #255
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Finally got the game back in October; but haven't made much progress. Would like to play with some of y'all, if possible, soon.

Anyone got opinions on who they've added past Joker? (Hero, Banjo-Kazooie, Terry Bogard, Byleth, Min-Min, Steve, and the recent Sephiroth) Or, the modes/additions from each patch?

Honestly, the only character I'd want at this point is Crash Bandicoot for a third-party. Honestly satisfied with what we got, barring maybe Byleth (haven't played Three Houses is why).
Old 12-23-2020, 01:27 PM   #256
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

They added Sephiroth?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 05:52 PM   #257
CyberCubed
Overlord

He was announced a week ago.
Old 12-26-2020, 01:18 PM   #258
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
They added Sephiroth?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
He was announced a week ago.
Yeah, the Game Awards announced him early on last week. Prior to the 22nd, those who got Fighters Pass V2 could've unlocked him early on through an in-game challenge.
Old 02-21-2021, 09:17 AM   #259
Reinako666
Thug

And now there's Pyra and Mithra.
Reinako666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 10:51 AM   #260
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Sora is in, a Disney character with Mickey's iconic silhouette. I don't care about Sora or Kingdom Hearts, but Disney does have plenty of iconic video games so I guess a Disney rep is ok. I wasn't expecting anyone I really wanted either so I'm not disappointed. At least the speculation is over.

Smash 6 Speculation:
Spoiler:
Geno
Lara Croft (Classic)
Doom Slayer
Scorpion
Captain N
Confident they're all in the next game
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote