The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 05-24-2017, 09:42 PM   #561
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnstone View Post
I have been following their Twitter closely, and I haven't heard a single thing. Maybe they want to surprise us out of left field. I don't know. The movie line has been selling very well for them. I'm sure if they were to delve more into the movie universe, they would continue to find increasing sales. I would settle for just the movie shredder at this point but I would really love also a super shredder, tokka, and Rahzar if they could only get the rights to the second film. I did see where Randy said they had no interest in doing the second movie though. That would really make for a great set up.
I only remember them saying about 6 months ago that they'd like to get the 4 turtles released before they hint at or even decide to do any additional figures in that scale. They've said recently that sales have been great and hence the restocks.

I'd really really REALLY like a 1/4 scale movie Shredder!
Lil Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 11:13 PM   #562
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieNES View Post
I'd take a Danny, Charles, and Keno 1/4 scale.

Danny better have a Walkman accessory.
You've woken a burning desire within me.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 12:02 AM   #563
Btown
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Karai View Post
this is what i want more than anything followed by splinter.
Old 05-25-2017, 01:22 AM   #564
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
Unless the specific agreement NECA has for Turtles merchandise as a whole prohibits them from doing so, which it may well do, then hypothetical Henson 7" figures wouldn't necessarily have to wait for a con, they might just sneak out with little pre-hype to channels like Toys R Us like I believe the Bale/Keaton Batman, Ledger Joker, and similar 1/4 --> 7" scale-downs have been happening.
Iirc Randy already confirmed that the DVD loophole don't work on the TMNT license, at least with the current license agreement. They have managed to soften up to selling the Con exclusives in limited numbers online, which was not a part of the original agreement.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 03:07 AM   #565
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Quote:
I'd take a Danny, Charles, and Keno 1/4 scale.

Danny better have a Walkman accessory.
You seriously want an 18" Charles Pennington figure?
Old 05-25-2017, 10:28 AM   #566
AquaParade
Banned

What's the current status on the TMNT toy rights anyway?

Playmates holds them for an indefinite amount of time? Viacom would like to work more with Neca but their hands are tied?

Just throwing out guesses here. Thanks
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 10:29 AM   #567
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProactiveMan View Post
I would take Casey, Shredder, Splinter, Foot Soldier, April, Tokka, Rahzar, Super Shredder, Tatsu, Danny, Charles, Keno, Professor, and the Police Chief.

In that order for $99 a pop. No question.

Last edited by EddieNES; 05-25-2017 at 10:35 AM.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 01:00 PM   #568
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Iirc Randy already confirmed that the DVD loophole don't work on the TMNT license, at least with the current license agreement. They have managed to soften up to selling the Con exclusives in limited numbers online, which was not a part of the original agreement.
I've never entirely understood what this "DVD loophole" is, but I have seen all the 1/4 --> 7" scale-down figures I listed sitting on the shelf at TRU with no DVD (well, except for Joker, who came out when I wasn't paying attention to toys for awhile). If you could explain it to me that would be interesting to understand once and for all.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 01:57 PM   #569
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
I've never entirely understood what this "DVD loophole" is, but I have seen all the 1/4 --> 7" scale-down figures I listed sitting on the shelf at TRU with no DVD (well, except for Joker, who came out when I wasn't paying attention to toys for awhile). If you could explain it to me that would be interesting to understand once and for all.
It started with NECA releasing the Video Game Apparence Batman with its proper 1989 colors for the 25th anniversary packed with the Diamond Deluxe version of the movie back in 1989.

Basically they figures out the loophole of releasing D.C. figures as pack-ins, i.e. they didn't count as toys but as home media release so they could be sold at retail. And later they got to release Begins Batman and Arkham Harley as TRU exclusives.

That loophole is not available with the TMNT license, hence only 1/4th scale figures are the only action figures available for retail stores inside the US.
Old 05-25-2017, 02:14 PM   #570
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
They have managed to soften up to selling the Con exclusives in limited numbers online, which was not a part of the original agreement.
If I understood correctly the restriction for selling only at the con and not their online store as well was from con itself not Playmates. It makes sense. The point of con exclusives is to draw people to the con.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 02:24 PM   #571
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
It started with NECA releasing the Video Game Apparence Batman with its proper 1989 colors for the 25th anniversary packed with the Diamond Deluxe version of the movie back in 1989.

Basically they figures out the loophole of releasing D.C. figures as pack-ins, i.e. they didn't count as toys but as home media release so they could be sold at retail. And later they got to release Begins Batman and Arkham Harley as TRU exclusives.

That loophole is not available with the TMNT license, hence only 1/4th scale figures are the only action figures available for retail stores inside the US.
How is it that today, I can still walk into the TRU nearest to me, and find Keaton Batman in his own package with no DVD in or attached to it on the shelf over by the other toys? And I do mean that, I have gone there several times in the past few months and they are still sitting there. Were they literally bundled together with DVDs in the same package, or was it some kind of "buy the DVD and get this separate thing with it..." and somehow now they are just clearing out the figures alone? Have been confused about this every time I see them, but glad because I got one for myself!
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 02:29 PM   #572
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I donno, I don't live in the US, so I've never seen any NECA DC figures in the wild. But iirc someone on the Fwoosh forum mentioned that the later batches came without the DVD in the package.
Old 05-25-2017, 06:06 PM   #573
cloud
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnstone View Post
Maybe you guys should voice your concerns to Randy on Twitter. He's been a real jerk though lately so walk carefully. I wouldn't put all your eggs in one basket concerning the Henson figures being made to a smaller scale. He didn't say it was a done deal but more like hinted it it could be a possibility.

I can't imagine the smaller scale matching these larger scale in detail and overall cool factor. The larger scale just seems like it will always be superior. I don't collect larger scale figures as a whole but these are just masterpieces.
I would put it this way. There must be a reason why NECA isn't so willing to open up with these loophole figures. One thing they don't want to want fans feel like they can take it for granted. It's one thing we were fortunate to see a 7" movie Batman, TV Batman and movie Superman but then to take it for granted to that we will be getting the next 1/4 scale figures shrunk down would probably lead to disappointment. At the end we didn't get a 7" scale movie Catwoman or Penguin or TV Robin.

If fans really want to see these in a shrunk down scale, the less we talk about it the better. Playmate will probably say something about it when it gets too much hype and they feel like their glory is being stolen away from NECA.
Let NECA do what they do best, deliver what they can and explore what they can get around with and be surprised! We've already gotten 6" scale Fred Wolf Turtles and the movie Turtles from Playmates. And 1/4 Turtles will not probably remain as masterpieces until nobody plays with toys anymore.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 06:08 PM   #574
cloud
Stone Warrior

Quote:
How is it that today, I can still walk into the TRU nearest to me, and find Keaton Batman in his own package with no DVD in or attached to it on the shelf over by the other toys? And I do mean that, I have gone there several times in the past few months and they are still sitting there. Were they literally bundled together with DVDs in the same package, or was it some kind of "buy the DVD and get this separate thing with it..." and somehow now they are just clearing out the figures alone? Have been confused about this every time I see them, but glad because I got one for myself!
I'm honestly just happy that it happened and not going to ask too many questions.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 12:26 AM   #575
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Quote:
I would take Casey, Shredder, Splinter, Foot Soldier, April, Tokka, Rahzar, Super Shredder, Tatsu, Danny, Charles, Keno, Professor, and the Police Chief.

In that order for $99 a pop. No question.
If NECA made a Chief Sterns figure, I'd buy it and put it next to my Hot Toys Carl Winslow. Then make sure there were no gas leaks in my bedroom.
ProactiveMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 01:46 PM   #576
Nelson
Stone Warrior

Quote:
https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/867096614879592449

Look at Shredder's arm, just behind his blades. Two little black lines highlighting his musculature.
Yeah, that's exactly what I mean.

Quote:
https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/867096614879592449
The turtles themselves don't appear to have any black lines that I can see.
You can see them on the turtles' plastrons. I think the figures will probably look like this:

It will be more noticeable on characters that use lighter colors like Krang and April if NECA gets to make them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProactiveMan View Post
Who wouldn't?

Play! * Follow! * Support!

Last edited by Nelson; 05-26-2017 at 02:21 PM.
Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 02:01 PM   #577
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Karai View Post
I only remember them saying about 6 months ago that they'd like to get the 4 turtles released before they hint at or even decide to do any additional figures in that scale. They've said recently that sales have been great and hence the restocks.

I'd take a movie one accurate Shredder in almost any scale other than life size.

I got to thinking that it looks to me that 8 slices make a whole pizza for the 1/4 scale turtles. I have been enjoying the possibilities this creates.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 12:33 PM   #578
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

I guess this is the best thread to stick this atrocity in!

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=322561157490

Last edited by D Piddy 1982; 06-22-2017 at 02:02 AM.
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 12:36 PM   #579
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=322561157490
that is the crappiest bunch of crap i have seen ):l somebody shoot this idiot
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 12:39 PM   #580
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=322561157490
NYCC exclusives??
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote