Old 06-16-2012, 12:21 PM   #21
SparkyMarky644
Thug

Yeah man the Bebop gif is awesome!
SparkyMarky644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:22 AM   #22
Tortuglio
Thug

Thank you everybody for the comments! i'm almost there, i would say i've done an 85% of the total work by now. just missing a few of the walking sprites and all of the "sitting on the ground after hit and standing up" sprites. 8 sprites in total, but some of them are pretty tough, so it will take some time, not much, but some. i also made a new rocksteady version for nes with trademark helmet, and the tmnt 3 nes rocksteady (with and without helmet). i need the time off from bebop from time to time so i made those. i'll be posting them soon.
bye!
Tortuglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:02 PM   #23
Tortuglio
Thug

Finished sprites 07/20/12

Well, finally i'm happy with what i've got. Human Bebop for the arcade is finished (well... almost, i've discovered today that it has a single special frame i was not aware of when it collides with rocksteady... i guess i'll post it soon).
Also, as i said in other post, there's a new rocksteady with helmet for the tmnt 2 arcade game for the nes. And there's a rocksteady for manhattan project for the nes as well. I still have to finish the Manhattan project Bebop, but it's not that hard. Will be coming soon!
The TMNT 2 Rocksteady was made using the ripped sprite sheet of Deathbringer and for the TMNT 3 the one of Code-E.

This is a gif with all the animations for Bebop. I'll post the sprite sheet when i get that frame missing and de-mutagenize it .

The running animation is OK. Here it stops for one frame because i needed it for the walking animation wich had one more frame long. There's original Bebop just for comparison.
Hope you like it!

PS1: Already have a Rocksteady's face animation. But i'll just leave you with his smile.
PS2: For some reason, in the TMNT 3 Rocksteady still apears a Rhino Rocksteady (an upload i deleted, an reupload withouth him). In photobucket he's not there, so... i don't know. Maybe is just the preview...
Old 07-20-2012, 04:41 PM   #24
The Fifth Turtle
Mad Scientist

Waaaay cool dude. Nice work!
The Fifth Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:05 PM   #25
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher

These are some great gifs! Great work!
Old 08-26-2012, 07:41 PM   #26
Broc Longstaff
Random Punk

Great work man! Love the human Bebop
Broc Longstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:54 AM   #27
Pro Igrok
Random Punk

Nice work man!
Pro Igrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:04 PM   #28
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Impressive work Tortuglio!

I always wondered if a video game could follow the series of events of the OT series, and if it did they could have used your sprites of Human Bebop and Rocksteady for the fights in the sewers when the Turtles save April!

(Looking at your last post) So are there any projects you've been up to lately since July 2012 to impress us again?
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:50 AM   #29
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Whoa. Awesome sprites, Tortuglio. You really have talent.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:36 AM   #30
Tortuglio
Thug

I'm back

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS View Post
So are there any projects you've been up to lately since July 2012 to impress us again?
Unfortunately, no. I haven't. And i feel pretty ashamed saying so
At least, nothing TMNT related or sprite based. I've been real busy with work, life... and laziness.
It's a bummer, but it's the truth. Actually, i ripped Bebop and Rocksteady's clash sprite and changed it innmediatly after my last post. But then i decided i wanted a few more extra custom sprites, so i made a frozen sprite (Turtles in Time style), a shocked sprite (Street Fighter style) and a burnt sprite (again, Turtles in Time and Street Fighter style). I was doing well and fast, till i got to the frozen sprite... i just, left it there hanging. Then, job, life, vacations, etc. So, here i am again, and i wanted to come back with at least that what i had promised. So, here they are. The complete sprite sheet for Human Bebop (with the clash sprite added), an extra custom sprites sheet and a color swap sheet (with color palettes).

A few notes:
1-In the first sheet, there's a variation for the fase for the animation when Bebop is hit and leans back.
2-The extras sheet is pretty much explained there.
3-In the color swaps sheet, in the left side of the color palettes you have Bebop's original colors, and in the right side, the color swaps. As you noticed, there aren't the same amount of colors on both sides. When there aren't any replacementes color, it's that the color swap uses the same color than the original. I hope you can understand it. Last, there's a color palette far on the left side, i have no idea what was that for, i don't remember but i left it there, just in case.

That is all. Maybe i'll finish the Human Bebop for TMNT 3 for the NES, but i don't see myself doing the Arcade Human Rocksteady anytime soon. Don't wanna give false expectations. I just have other projects lying around that i would like to take care of. FYI, i'm the "movie business"... wich in Argentina is not a business, so i work as an editor for whatever it comes, or camera man.

Anyways, hope you like them, and thank you very much for your comments, it gave me the final energy to end this bebop stuff. See ya!
Old 03-15-2013, 07:21 AM   #31
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Awesome job on these, dude. I really like what you've done. You really do have talent.

Old 03-31-2013, 10:38 PM   #32
Tortuglio
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Awesome job on these, dude. I really like what you've done. You really do have talent.
Thanks, man!

Well, here's the sprite sheet for Human Bebop on TMNT 3 for the NES. Pretty simple. Enjoy!

Oh! And as the other NES game, i used Tom Guycott's sprite sheet of the game for the character.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:30 PM   #33
MutantMistress2013
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortuglio View Post
I have this WIP Baxter, but I want to finish the arcade Bebop and Rocksteady first.

Make me an arcade-styled version of Baxter the Fly!
Old 05-08-2013, 05:11 PM   #34
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Awesome Bebop sprites. Really cool.

Old 05-08-2013, 05:32 PM   #35
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Very nice, well done!
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:36 AM   #36
Tortuglio
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMistress2013 View Post
Make me an arcade-styled version of Baxter the Fly!
Ouuuuuuukeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyy. What's with the order/demand/command tone? A "please" would be nice.
Anyway, do you really mean an "arcade baxter fly" or an "arcade human baxter stockman" (with a jetpack as i intended)? 'cause at first i thought it was a nice idea, an arcade baxter fly... until a few seconds later i remembered there's one. Turtles in Time first boss IS Baxter Stockman AS A FLY. I know i could do my own version of it, but i'm pretty happy with what Konami did. But, just for fun, i made a recoloring of the original sprite with a color palette closer to the OT.

Sorry if i'm disappointing you. Many thanks for the comments.

PS: Oh i forgot to add, it has the same numbers of colors as the SNES palette. I just loose the blueish colors for the pants and add more shades of grey. Change the greens for the face and the reds for the bowtie and hair. And add some volume to the hair, wich is weird cause in the arcade version they did some shading, but in the SNES version didn't. Who knows why, but pretty good conversion in overall.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:53 AM   #37
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Wow. Awesome Baxter. I like it.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:41 PM   #38
MutantMistress2013
Random Punk

Quote:
Ouuuuuuukeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyy. What's with the order/demand/command tone? A "please" would be nice.
Anyway, do you really mean an "arcade baxter fly" or an "arcade human baxter stockman" (with a jetpack as i intended)? 'cause at first i thought it was a nice idea, an arcade baxter fly... until a few seconds later i remembered there's one. Turtles in Time first boss IS Baxter Stockman AS A FLY. I know i could do my own version of it, but i'm pretty happy with what Konami did. But, just for fun, i made a recoloring of the original sprite with a color palette closer to the OT.

PS: Oh i forgot to add, it has the same numbers of colors as the SNES palette. I just loose the blueish colors for the pants and add more shades of grey. Change the greens for the face and the reds for the bowtie and hair. And add some volume to the hair, wich is weird cause in the arcade version they did some shading, but in the SNES version didn't. Who knows why, but pretty good conversion in overall.
An Arcade Baxter Fly. Make sure he looks like like he did in the NES TMNT II.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:44 PM   #39
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Is the bossy tone because as a Mistress you think you can make demands? Yikes.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:45 PM   #40
MutantMistress2013
Random Punk

Quote:

An ORIGINAL TMNT arcade-style Baxter Fly (like in TMNT II NES), not the Turtles in Time one!

Tags
sprites