The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 10-07-2017, 08:14 AM   #21
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
When texting became the norm, then FB instant messaging became an option on phone... AIM, YIM, ICQ all ceased to have any purpose, really.
Once FB chat killed MSN Messenger, everything became possible, imo. I'm sure Teamspeak and Skype will die out someday if Discord keeps on growing.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 08:36 AM   #22
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Man I remember having group chats in AOL IM back in the day. I never even used the AOL website in itself and just used the messenger.

I kinda miss those things, it was easier to find new friends that way, and I've met friends I still talk to to this day thanks to AOL and Yahoo IM Nowadays social media only works for people you know in person and it's kinda creepy to get a random friend request from someone you don't know.

I hope Skype sticks it out. It's still the best for multi person podcasts and a good way for friends to send you files too large for email.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 09:35 AM   #23
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Once FB chat killed MSN Messenger, everything became possible, imo. I'm sure Teamspeak and Skype will die out someday if Discord keeps on growing.
IMO the only way Skype dies off is if Microsoft feels there's no longer an investment. Teamspeak's been on life support ever since Discord came to be.

Last Movie Watched: Leprechaun Origins (2014).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E11).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 09:40 AM   #24
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
IMO the only way Skype dies off is if Microsoft feels there's no longer an investment. Teamspeak's been on life support ever since Discord came to be.
I dont think Skype will ever die out, a lot of people use it, not for the text chat, but for voice and video chat, which is what is primarily used for, shows and podcasts rely on it.
Old 10-07-2017, 10:07 AM   #25
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Kinda sad after so long. Although I'm also kind of surprised to hear that it has still been around.

If I used it at one time that was long, long ago. (Unless you had to be a customer, then maybe I'm thinking of something else.)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 10:11 AM   #26
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Kinda sad after so long. Although I'm also kind of surprised to hear that it has still been around.

If I used it at one time that was long, long ago. (Unless you had to be a customer, then maybe I'm thinking of something else.)
First Windows Live Messenger, then Yahoo Messenger, and now AIM, ICQ is still around though, and I still use it
Old 10-07-2017, 10:19 AM   #27
newfan
Mad Scientist

I am out of date, I use yahoo to email but don't bother with messenger so I didn't even realist it was gone
...I was only just contemplating a skype account too.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 10:26 AM   #28
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
I am out of date, I use yahoo to email but don't bother with messenger so I didn't even realist it was gone
...I was only just contemplating a skype account too.
There's a new version of Yahoo Messenger, but its not the same as the old one, since it rekues on people to send each other messages using there yahoo mail account.