The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 11-22-2014, 08:53 PM   #61
BlindFaith
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
When Random House adapted the pilot season episodes in their coloring book series, they skipped "Hot Rodding Teenagers" completely but gave the other four episodes a 48-page book each. Maybe you're onto something about there being TOO much craziness in that episode!
That's interesting, thanks for sharing oldmanwinters!

I was thinking...since this is the pilot season. Perhaps the writers wanted to have more directions to pull the show in and thus expanding the show ( by introducing more characters and possible story lines) So introducing Dimension X for example was a way to show the network that the series had endless possibilities and could be made into a franchise. They didn't want to narrow themselves down to "just" being Turtles vs Shredder...but wanted to show that, "we have many ideas with this show"... Or am I just being captain obvious now?

Last edited by BlindFaith; 11-22-2014 at 09:49 PM.
BlindFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 11:04 AM   #62
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindFaith View Post
That's interesting, thanks for sharing oldmanwinters!

I was thinking...since this is the pilot season. Perhaps the writers wanted to have more directions to pull the show in and thus expanding the show ( by introducing more characters and possible story lines) So introducing Dimension X for example was a way to show the network that the series had endless possibilities and could be made into a franchise. They didn't want to narrow themselves down to "just" being Turtles vs Shredder...but wanted to show that, "we have many ideas with this show"... Or am I just being captain obvious now?
In an interview with David Wise, he described his pilot season plot structure as "Peeling back the layers of an onion" where each successive episode ties up a loose string of the previous episode. So, in Enter the Shredder we learn how Shredder obtained his space age technology (partnering with Krang) while in Hot Roddin' Teens we get to see where Krang came from and what his home dimension was like.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 12:25 PM   #63
Linkage
Random Punk

Forgot about the Neutrinos, love this episode.
Linkage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
episode discussion, fred wolf series