The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2018, 11:29 AM   #4101
sdp
-

Teen Titans Go is very well liked and more than any TMNT cartoon has since the original show. Just because your circle of friends are not the target audience doesn't mean TTG is not liked or not successful.

Rise is not getting a lot of praise from either adult fans nor younger fans, it seems to be a dud. Shows can be failures before they even air their first episode just like movies.
Old 05-01-2018, 12:47 PM   #4102
CyberCubed
Overlord

The target audience will still be new 6-10 year old kids who never even watched the 2012 show. People forget there are new kids born every year and new kids who get into cartoons every year.

The 2012 show is already "retro" to the kids who grew up with it who are now teenagers. People easily forget how quickly kids outgrow cartoons when they get into their edgy teen years where they feel they have to "grow up" and can't watch kid things anymore.
Old 05-01-2018, 12:55 PM   #4103
sdp
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The target audience will still be new 6-10 year old kids who never even watched the 2012 show. People forget there are new kids born every year and new kids who get into cartoons every year.

The 2012 show is already "retro" to the kids who grew up with it who are now teenagers. People easily forget how quickly kids outgrow cartoons when they get into their edgy teen years where they feel they have to "grow up" and can't watch kid things anymore.
I don't forget that but new generations don't necessarily like new versions of what others grewe up with. We've seen that before tons of times or else the Flintstones and others would still have cartoons right now. Revivals with crazy gimmicks don't work or else speed racer, he man, Voltron etc would've all had successful revivals in the 90s and yet they failed even if those kids like me didn't grow up with the original shows. Times change, kids want their own shows to grow up with and the revivals that work are for specific reasons not because they now have magcial powers.
Old 05-01-2018, 01:01 PM   #4104
newfan
Mad Scientist

Er, while the kids who were 10 in 2012 may have grown up and moved on, there are the kids who were watching 2012 when it ended only recently, they are still in the age group for the new show. (plus some new younger ones)
We'll get to see how well it goes down with the target audience when it airs
Old 05-01-2018, 01:12 PM   #4105
sdp
-

Ummm... There's always kids in the age group no matter how many decades pass

That doesn't mean they're interested in the same things. You can't just always reduce a show, ask the countless revivals that fail.
Old 05-01-2018, 01:50 PM   #4106
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

2003 and 2012 shows are not forkids. They are for adults. Only 1987 show was for kids but even then id did some very violent and serious things. With how bad i injured the turtles in the 2012 series and killed Splinter then in 2003 burned April home, put stockman brain in jar e.t.c.... That not for kids. And in the 2018 show i will be even more bad and will do even more serious crimes.
Old 05-01-2018, 03:03 PM   #4107
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Ummm... There's always kids in the age group no matter how many decades pass

That doesn't mean they're interested in the same things. You can't just always reduce a show, ask the countless revivals that fail.
TMNT has captured kids in both toon revivals though (and...older ones as you pointed out ), it's not failed like some of the other older show revivals but yes I agree that doesn't mean it always will work.
Shows are up against more competition these days too, when I was younger there were a few channels and scheduled kids time, now there are tons of kids channels, on demand, streaming.. etc.

Shredder Orokusaki I don't know what I expect they would do with Shredder in this, I have wondered if just maybe he might be younger and slightly less experienced too but not sure about that, who knows.

Last edited by newfan; 05-01-2018 at 03:23 PM.
Old 05-01-2018, 05:14 PM   #4108
sdp
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
TMNT has captured kids in both toon revivals though (and...older ones as you pointed out ), it's not failed like some of the other older show revivals but yes I agree that doesn't mean it always will work.
The Next Mutation failed.

TMNT has never quite captured the love the OT had, so while 2k3 was successful enough most people don't even know it existed, it's just another show some kids grew up with. Nick show definitely had more eyes but nowhere near what Viacom wanted or they wouldn't have canned it after only 5 seasons to replace it with a RADICAL X-TREME new version.
Old 05-01-2018, 05:32 PM   #4109
Vegita-San
Emperor

i'd say the 4kids series came closest. and in some ways i like it better than the OT.

But, I think nick knows their versions would pale in comparison if they re ran the 4kids series, that why that was only done in short bursts.

I feel like 4kids will soon become forgotten just like NM was.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Old 05-01-2018, 05:40 PM   #4110
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
But, I think nick knows their versions would pale in comparison if they re ran the 4kids series, that why that was only done in short bursts.
LOL, no, that's not the reason. I'm sure they're not worried about a show "paling in comparison" when they get ad revenue from whatever they air.

Quote:
I feel like 4kids will soon become forgotten just like NM was.
It's already 15 years old and it hasn't been.
Old 05-01-2018, 05:41 PM   #4111
sdp
-

I'm not talking about my personal preferences but which one was more successful. For me 2k3 might be my fav. cartoon so far.

2012 was more successful than 2k3 but 2012 is still not a huge success even if they've made their investment back and much more with it.
Old 05-01-2018, 05:50 PM   #4112
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
2003 and 2012 shows are not forkids. They are for adults.
LOL what? The 2003 show was literally made by 4Kids Entertainment.
Old 05-01-2018, 11:51 PM   #4113
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
The Next Mutation failed.

TMNT has never quite captured the love the OT had, so while 2k3 was successful enough most people don't even know it existed, it's just another show some kids grew up with. Nick show definitely had more eyes but nowhere near what Viacom wanted or they wouldn't have canned it after only 5 seasons to replace it with a RADICAL X-TREME new version.
Ah, I'd forgotten about Next Mutation, I was on about the toons

Last edited by newfan; 05-02-2018 at 12:51 AM.
Old 05-02-2018, 11:06 AM   #4114
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
LOL what? The 2003 show was literally made by 4Kids Entertainment.
But with all the violence and the crimes i did you can see that it was not for children.
Old 05-02-2018, 11:52 AM   #4115
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Shows are up against more competition these days too, when I was younger there were a few channels and scheduled kids time, now there are tons of kids channels, on demand, streaming.. etc.

Shredder Orokusaki I don't know what I expect they would do with Shredder in this, I have wondered if just maybe he might be younger and slightly less experienced too but not sure about that, who knows.
What?! My experience grows each year as i continue fighting all the time. I cant be less experienced. And of course i will be young like i always be(except my 2003 utrom and demon versions where i was thousands year old).
Old 05-02-2018, 02:55 PM   #4116
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
2003 and 2012 shows are not forkids. They are for adults. Only 1987 show was for kids but even then id did some very violent and serious things. With how bad i injured the turtles in the 2012 series and killed Splinter then in 2003 burned April home, put stockman brain in jar e.t.c.... That not for kids. And in the 2018 show i will be even more bad and will do even more serious crimes.
Honestly, Shredder, I'm so glad you're here.
Old 05-07-2018, 03:32 PM   #4117
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

New image:

Spoiler:
Old 05-07-2018, 04:25 PM   #4118
KillCrites
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
Donatello looks naked without his eyebrows.
Old 05-08-2018, 12:14 PM   #4119
KillCrites
Thug

Don't really know if this is NEW information exactly but the show's confirmed to air in September and toys are coming a month later in October.

Last edited by KillCrites; 05-08-2018 at 12:23 PM.
Old 05-08-2018, 12:22 PM   #4120
Powder
So tired of this place

That's weird! Usually they hit a month or two before the show's debut, not after. Makes my early Rise Leonardo figure all the more special. I wonder if this mean they're re-tooling them or something.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters