The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 01-05-2019, 06:13 AM   #201
Turo602
The King of Kings

I was hoping for Scorpion or even Lara Croft. I always thought Ryu Hayabusa would have been a good fit. And apparently Steve is gonna have a Master Chief costume as well. I mean, if Microsoft is gonna go that far, why not just allow Master Chief period? That would have made the internet blow up, and definitely a million times better than Steve. Though, we'll see soon enough.
Old 01-05-2019, 07:14 AM   #202
Powder
So tired of this place

It's so far-fetched, but I'd love it if these leaks were true. Doomguy, Steve, & Ryu would be super cool.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 09:07 AM   #203
Sumac
Banned

Who is Steve?
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 09:32 AM   #204
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

The main skin from Minecraft.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 11:16 AM   #205
Sumac
Banned

Eh, no MK Kharacters?
That's disappointment. Especially since they have brought Akira from Virtua Fighter. On the other hand, no chars from Tekken either.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 04:25 PM   #206
sdp
-

I don't care for Ryu/Joker/Steve at all but I think they're iconic enough to deserve a spot even, a Dragon Quest hero makes my day and I really wanted either Doom Guy or Scorpion to be in the game so if the leak is real I'd be satisfied. The only way I see me getting the DLC though is if they included the 15 missing stages, I actually haven't played the game since the first week that it launched and haven't unlocked most of the roster so I'm in no hurry.

I think I've outgrown Smash since it's the second game in the series in a row that I just don't care to play. I'm sure I'll play it from time to time but it's far from being the franchise that deserves all the hype it gets from me but I'm sure I'll be in for the hype for Smash 6 in a few years

We'll likely get a Nintendo Direct this month so they might reveal another DLC character and confirm/deconfirm the leak. Also those who haven't redeemed the piranha plant DLC code you better do it soon!
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 07:02 PM   #207
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Eh, no MK Kharacters?
That's disappointment. Especially since they have brought Akira from Virtua Fighter. On the other hand, no chars from Tekken either.
You were actually thinking they would include MK characters?
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 07:22 PM   #208
sdp
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
You were actually thinking they would include MK characters?
MKXI is being released on the switch at the same time as the PS4/XBO version after not having a MK game since Armageddon in what 2006? There were rumors of one of the DLC characters being a western mature game hence people keep saying Doom Guy/Scorpion, both are iconic and would deserve a spot. I mean if Doom Guy is rumored why is scorpion so out there? We've gotten far more bizarre choices like Snake, Cloud, Joker.
Old 01-05-2019, 08:01 PM   #209
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I wasn't being snarky I just... wow, that would be even more mind-blowing.
Old 01-06-2019, 12:45 AM   #210
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
I wasn't being snarky I just... wow, that would be even more mind-blowing.
Right? Especially since they already have Ryu. It would have been the closest thing to a Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat crossover.
Old 01-06-2019, 02:19 AM   #211
Ninjinister
無問題

It's amazing how many people consider these "leaks" when like 75% of them turn out to be fake as hell.
Old 01-08-2019, 11:27 AM   #212
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

OK, so I've unlocked all of the characters that I can get that challenge me, I fight, and I beat during the main game. Are there characters I can get that are hidden, or unlocked by means other than just playing the main game and waiting to be challenged?
Old 01-08-2019, 07:04 PM   #213
raph27
Mad Scientist

Quote:
OK, so I've unlocked all of the characters that I can get that challenge me, I fight, and I beat during the main game. Are there characters I can get that are hidden, or unlocked by means other than just playing the main game and waiting to be challenged?
Nope, that should be all. Remember to register your game with My Nintendo if you haven't already to get a download code for Piranha Plant who should be coming sometime this month or the next.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 12:36 AM   #214
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by raph27 View Post
Nope, that should be all. Remember to register your game with My Nintendo if you haven't already to get a download code for Piranha Plant who should be coming sometime this month or the next.
How do I do that?
Old 01-09-2019, 05:33 PM   #215
sdp
-

Quote:
How do I do that?
I believe you first need a MyNintendo account, just go to my.nintendo.com, you create an account, link your mynintendo account to your switch account and once you do that you can register the game, instead of clicking to get into the game you press the select button (the options for the game) and you click on "register", once it's registered you'll receive an email with the code within 48 hours or so, and you have to redeem that code on the eshop before January 31st. After that whenever the DLC for piranha plant comes out you can just download it for free.

By having a mynintendo account you will also get gold coins for registering games and each gold coin is worth 1 cent, you can use these when you pay anything on the eshop, or even the crappy mynintendo website but there are no good rewards there. (don't confuse them with silver coins which are only for their mobile games and crappy rewards like wallpapers and aren't really worth any money on the eshop).
Old 01-11-2019, 05:54 PM   #216
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
It's amazing how many people consider these "leaks" when like 75% of them turn out to be fake as hell.
But sometimes finding that 25% is the fun of it
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 03:10 AM   #217
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
But sometimes finding that 25% is the fun of it
My point is, it's not a leak unless it turns out to be true. Even a true one that hasn't been panned out yet can't be considered a leak until that certainty is there.
Old 12-19-2019, 01:28 PM   #218
Prowler
Emperor

At this point I already have over 50 hours spent on this game, so I think I can safely say how I feel about it:

Love this game. It's great. I didn't expect to like the spirits feature as much as I ended up liking. Also, the Adventure mode aka World of Light is HUGE. I have spent about 6-7 hours on it so far and still haven't beaten it.

I don't have any more praise to add to this game that hasn't been done by many already, so I'm gonna mention what I don't like much now. There's nothing that I strongly dislike about this game, but of course there's an aspect or two I don't like as much as the rest:

1) The Bonus stage in Classic Mode: It's not that great compared to Break the Targets or Race to the Finish. Maybe it's more Melee nostalgia than anything, and yes I understand that making a personalised Break the Targets scenario for every single fighter in Ultimate would be a dauntingly time-consuming task compared to Melee which had way less fighters.

2) The excessive amount of Fire Emblem characters: Sakurai must really love the FE series to have it so overrepresented in the series. That or FE is a big selling series in Japan and he feels "obliged" to add new FE characters each Smash instalment.

I'd not have much of a problem with that if every single fighter was unique or if Roy was the only "clone". But Roy and Lucina are both Marth clones, and Chrom is a Roy clone. At least Ike, Corrin and Robin are all different and I do like the way Corrin plays.

It also doesn't help that Marth, Lucina, Chrom and Ike all have blue hair and look rather similar to each other. And also, at this point enough fighters have swords as their primary weapon, no?

3) The ending credits being "obligatory" if you want some extra reward like a spirit or something.: Credits should just be a fun optional bonus after you beat classical mode.

4) No Pokéfloats stage: Why?! WHY?! WHYYYYYYYYYYYY?! The Great Cave Offensive, 75m, and Hanenbow make this game but NOT Pokéfloats?! Seriously?!

Now I'm gonna list my favourite and least favourite fighters. Gonna put my flame shield on, because I suspect someone might give me crap for my opinions, but oh well, here goes:

FAVOURITES

Ken: I'm really liking Ken in this game. I already had liked Ryu in Smash 3DS, and also like him in this game, but I like Ken even more. He's fun as hell to play.

Ganondorf: Haters gonna hate, but I really dig Ganondorf. Sure, he's a bit slow and his warlock punch can be quite cheap, but he's very useful for tougher fights. That warlock punch can really knock someone off the screen FAST.

Fox: As a big Fox fan since Melee, I'm happy that he's still as fun to play as in Ultimate as ever.

Daisy: On paper, Daisy doesn't have much of an impressive moveset, but I really enjoy playing as her, for some reason. I guess Peach as well, since Daisy is a full cone clone of her, but I just like Daisy more. I guess because orange is one of my favourite colours, I dunno lol.

Richter: I love whipping my opponents. I guess Simon should be here too, but I've taken more of a liking to Richter, for some reason.

Ryu: Liked him a lot in Smash 3DS and like him a lot in this game.

Wolf: I didn't play Brawl, so I dunno how good Wolf was there and didn't know what to expect much of him in this game. Sure, he's a Fox clone, but still feels a bit different enough that makes that style a bit fresher.

LEAST FAVOURITES
:

Jigglypuff: Never liked him/her and never will.

Pikachu: Never liked him in Smash games. At least in Pokémon he can evolve to Raichu... except in Yellow.

Pichu: Yeah, not a fan either.

Wii Fit Trainer: Yeah, no. Disliked this fighter in the previous instalment already and it didn't become any funner to play as in Ultimate.

Captain Olimar: Can't stand this guy's play style. But at least I got my best homerun contest record with him, so he's not entirely useless to me.

Isabelle: I didn't expect much out of her in the first place, but was hoping she'd turn out to be a pleasant surprise, but meh.

Villager: Didn't care much for him in Smash 4, and still don't in Ultimate.

Rosalina: Not fun at all. I can't stand this fighter.

Ness: Ness, like Pikachu, is someone I never liked to play as in Smash. I'm not good with the PK attacks and he's also slow.

Bowser JR.: I don't like this fighter's play style at all.

Lucas: Yeah, don't like him much either.

Also, I wouldn't say I dislike them, but Link and Snake really aren't as fun to play as I expected. Honestly, Young Link is a lot funner to play in this game than Adult Link is. I even prefer Toon Link, in fact. As for Snake, I remember all the hype around him in Brawl, a game I never got around to play. Then he wasn't in Smash 4, so naturally I didn't play as him in that game. Now he returned to Ultimate and I was a bit excited to finally try him out... but I guess he's just not much my style. Oh well.

The rest of the roster is fine, for the most part. I know I complained about there being 4 FE characters that are pretty similar, but at least they're fun to play as.

I haven't gotten the DLC fighters yet, so I can't talk about them.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 01:31 PM   #219
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I love playing Ryu and Ken in this. It's so funny and weird to go around hadoukening like, Mario and Simon in this.
Old 12-19-2019, 01:33 PM   #220
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
I love playing Ryu and Ken in this. It's so funny and weird to go around hadoukening like, Mario and Simon in this.
Both Ryu and Ken don't feel out of place at all in the game. It's quite amazing, actually. They've transitioned pretty well.

I'd like to see Scorpion or Sub-Zero in Smash one day. Of course their final smash couldn't be a fatality or something that makes their opponents bleed, but I'm sure developers could think of something if they thought about it for a while.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote