The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 11-02-2020, 09:37 PM   #41
Last Ronin
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
That'll get you laid.
A dolla makes me holla
Last Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 09:25 PM   #42
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I like how in another thread you're wondering if you're getting old...while referencing ****ing Honey Boo-Boo.
Old 11-03-2020, 10:00 PM   #43
Last Ronin
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
I like how in another thread you're wondering if you're getting old...while referencing ****ing Honey Boo-Boo.
Uh... this saying has been around long before that I'm pretty sure. Also I had to look up Honey Boo-Boo to be sure. And yeah no, never seen that show.
Last Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 05:22 PM   #44
CyberCubed
Overlord

So I bought Game Pass for PC, since I don't own an Xbox. It's only $1 for a full month so I might as well. Since I am a Nintendo and Sony gamer, I've never played any Xbox exclusive franchises.

I'm gonna start with Sunset Overdrive since I heard good things and its made by Insomniac. I've never played any of the Halo or Gears games, I'm thinking of just plowing through the single player campaigns of them all but not bothering with the multiplayer just to see what they're like. But I'm gonna stick with Sunset Overdrive till I finish it first.

Also sadly PC Gamepass doesn't have as many games as Xbox Gamepass does, so there's a lot less games available. No EA games yet, no Ace Combat 7...hopefully they add this stuff before my month is up.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 05:48 PM   #45
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

I don't see it so much that 69.99 is the standard, just that they are embracing pricing tiers more broadly than before. Some games will be 59.99, some 69.99, heck some will be 49.99 and 39.99 and below. Last gen, they were afraid to go to 69.99 and instead relied on other methods to boost the price, like DLC, season passes, whatever. That's still happening of course, but by allowing different standard prices of entry, some times will hopefully rely on that less.

You can still get great deals. I just got AC: Valhalla PS5 version (not the PS4 upgrade version) at Target for $34.60 shipped with their current promo. Standard version, but it's still full of content. if I like it enough, i can buy the season pass later.

All I'm trying to say is, some games going to 69.99 isn't going to have that huge an impact on what most people spend over the course of a console generation. Look for deals, be patient, don't buy every game brand new right out of the gate except for that 1 or 2 a year that you absolutely need on day 1.

Oh yeah, and then there's the fact that Nintendo is sticking to 59.99, at least for the time being. I probably buy more full-priced games on their platform than anywhere else.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote