The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 07:19 AM   #661
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post
I hate others for doing this...continually trying to second guess what's happening in a scene or why a certain character is showing emotion...but my feeling is the Cops have outed the TMNT but April manages to convince the Police Chief that the TMNT are the good guys...on the same side as the cops. Cops agree to let TMNT go free...for now...
That seems plausible, And the possibility shes playing a Chief Stern type character.

Oh and it's fun to speculate what maybe happening in a scene.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:43 AM   #662
beeshaw
Hench Mutant

love that Noel always seems to be in character. There's not one drop of Mickey in there at all. Lol
Old 05-13-2015, 08:43 AM   #663
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Here's another pic with Laura Linney, With Will Arnett, and the guys.

Here's another video with a Helicopter and some kind of explosion.

Here's another set video with the Turtle actors.

In this video, They are filming what looks like the Cops pointing the Guns at the Turtles, And one is yelling. "LET ME SEE YOUR HANDS!"

Last edited by TigerClaw; 05-13-2015 at 08:52 AM.
Old 05-13-2015, 09:00 AM   #664
Xiewin
Stone Warrior

I can't wait to find out that all of this supposed turtle footage was cut.
Old 05-13-2015, 09:13 AM   #665
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I'm curious on how the Turtles end up on the surface in broad daylight, and being seen by the Cops, I know Splinter would be pissed about them being seen.
Old 05-13-2015, 09:23 AM   #666
Huzzah
Mad Scientist

Odds are, with the caliber of writers on this series, the media will refer to the Mutants as the "Crooke Ninja Turtle Gang," then pat themselves on the back, because they're so clever and then they'll think that the grown ups watching the show will cheer for them because they made such an awesome reference to the old cartoon.
Old 05-13-2015, 10:05 AM   #667
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I'm curious on how the Turtles end up on the surface in broad daylight, and being seen by the Cops, I know Splinter would be pissed about them being seen.
I think people still believe they are just Halloween costume. Hence not much reaction from people around them, even the cops.
Old 05-13-2015, 10:18 AM   #668
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
How would they ever stop them? They're super powered 7 foot tall bullet proof monsters capable launching people in the air with one punch.

Maybe if they weren't that then there'd be some tension/suspense on whether the Turtles could survive an encounter and possible capture by the police. Maybe even one of them gets "shot"(find out later that it's just a deep flesh wound) and has to be carried back to the lair by his brothers.

Nope. That might happen in a GOOD movie.

So we already know how that plot thread is going to go, if that is indeed the case.
Good answer. Good answer! [in the style of 1990 movie Raph]

Why Hulk smash Turtles, WHY?!

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
Old 05-13-2015, 10:25 AM   #669
Huzzah
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
I think people still believe they are just Halloween costume. Hence not much reaction from people around them, even the cops.
No amount of suspension of belief would allow anyone to actually believe those were just giants in Halloween costume.
Old 05-13-2015, 10:53 AM   #670
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huzzah View Post
No amount of suspension of belief would allow anyone to actually believe those were just giants in Halloween costume.
Very true...then again they tried to pull that **** with the first movie before it was cut. Considering they've openly said they are using ideas that didn't make the finished picture it's possible.

That being said I think it's more likely that this is the turtles outed (at least to the police) and this is a between takes hence why no one really looks all that bothered. Don't know if I like that idea either but I suppose it's better than the alternative.
Old 05-13-2015, 10:56 AM   #671
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Very true...then again they tried to pull that **** with the first movie before it was cut. Considering they've openly said they are using ideas that didn't make the finished picture it's possible.

That being said I think it's more likely that this is the turtles outed (at least to the police) and this is a between takes hence why no one really looks all that bothered. Don't know if I like that idea either but I suppose it's better than the alternative.
The video I posted does show a scene being filmed, and a cop yelling. "Let me see your hand!"

Old 05-13-2015, 11:50 AM   #672
graphic_content
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
The video I posted does show a scene being filmed, and a cop yelling. "Let me see your hand!"

it also shows us the POSSIBILITY of another character addition: judging by what hanging from her neck, she appears to be another addition to the police force, detective perhaps? recasting of Karai - who has infiltrated the NYPD to 'out' the Turtles? (I hope)

Old 05-13-2015, 11:55 AM   #673
xChri5x
Stone Warrior

Spotted this in that video
Old 05-13-2015, 12:01 PM   #674
newhire13
Hench Mutant

That would be an interesting method by The Foot, having them expose the turtles to the world to keep them on the run. And while granted their shells are bullet proof, their skin isn't and they are susceptible to pain and damage, like how The Foot were able to subdue them via electrocution. It would be pretty cool to see The Foot Ninjas utilize that tech in all their weapons in order to better engage the turtles.
Old 05-13-2015, 12:42 PM   #675
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhire13 View Post
That would be an interesting method by The Foot, having them expose the turtles to the world to keep them on the run. And while granted their shells are bullet proof, their skin isn't and they are susceptible to pain and damage, like how The Foot were able to subdue them via electrocution. It would be pretty cool to see The Foot Ninjas utilize that tech in all their weapons in order to better engage the turtles.
Maybe... MAYBE the Foot went underground after it was defeated and they totally reinvented themselves. Now they're ninjas with swords.

But, uh... Karai's face was probably already known to NYPD. Girl never wore a mask.
Old 05-13-2015, 12:42 PM   #676
Metalhead 2.0
Stone Warrior

Has anyone gotten a hi-res shot of Linney's badge?

I have a feeling she's Bishop (in some form).
Maybe Detective Bishop...
Before becoming Agent Bishop, as in FBI Agent Bishop for this world not EPF.
I dunno... we'll see.
Old 05-13-2015, 12:55 PM   #677
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhire13 View Post
Not even close.

The scene in which the turtles realize they are bulletproof if you look close show bullets hitting other parts of their bodies with no ill effect. You can see it more clearly as Raph is flexing out the bullets are coming out of his skin as it instantly heals.

The electrocution wasn't all that affective either. It only seemed to be able to subdue them when the turtles gave up then again like the tranquilizer darts I assume what "harms" the turtles will be conveniently arbitrary based on what plot they want.

As for the other - I've always preferred the turtles anonymity. If they must be open to the public it should be at the end of the story as It opens a can of worms I don't think the movie is up to tackling.

Last edited by Galactus; 05-13-2015 at 01:55 PM.
Old 05-13-2015, 01:05 PM   #678
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalhead 2.0 View Post
Has anyone gotten a hi-res shot of Linney's badge?

I have a feeling she's Bishop (in some form).
Maybe Detective Bishop...
Before becoming Agent Bishop, as in FBI Agent Bishop for this world not EPF.
I dunno... we'll see.
I would TOTALLY be in support of that.

... But so far Platinum Dunes seems to be sticking fairly closely to the Fred Wolf and IDW incarnations. No Bishop in either of those, so...
Old 05-13-2015, 01:17 PM   #679
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I would TOTALLY be in support of that.

... But so far Platinum Dunes seems to be sticking fairly closely to the Fred Wolf and IDW incarnations. No Bishop in either of those, so...
She could be, this movie's version of Chief Stern.
Old 05-13-2015, 01:31 PM   #680
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
The electrocution wasn't all that affective either. It only seemed to be able to subdue them when the turtles gave up then again like the tranquilizer darts I assume what "harms" the turtles will be conveniently arbitrary based on what plot they want.
Although poor Leo did spend part of that snow chase unconscious after being electrocuted yet again. So I suppose they do have a limit they can take. At least when the film finds it convenient.

If they are outed to the police and all that, seems a bit soon to happen only in the second film... If this ended up with a handful of movies like Transformers and they got outed in, say, the fourth or fifth, fine. That late in it, if they got recognized as the good guys and became some kind of Turtles Special Ops, that could be interesting. This soon though... don't lose the whole quietly hidden lifestyle this soon... Too soon just feels like they'd be trying to rush a collective story that should be spread out.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 05-13-2015 at 02:19 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
cybercubed thinks deep, tigerclaw is cybercubed, tmnt2