The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 07-09-2019, 05:46 PM   #2921
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
The series will be continuing with the same numbering. No new #1.
Great news!

How many acts does City at War have? Two? Three?

If something tragic happened and you were forced to end the run at #100, would you feel it's an appropriately good ending that wraps everything up? Or just a stepping stone to even bigger and better arcs?

Was Jennika's mutation planned from the get-go, or just from the point when you first decided to introduce her?
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 09:33 PM   #2922
funatic
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I think it has been asked but I don't think I was able to give a concrete answer at the time but I can now:

Awesome news. Yeah I may have asked you in person at SDCC last year and your vague reply made me worry we might see a new #1, or worse, a final issue at #100! Glad to hear that's not the case!

Quote:
This has me thinking... What are the current monthly books out that are past 100 issues with the same numbering? Spawn and Savage Dragon are the only ones springing to mind...
You're in elite company for modern comics, good job bringing Stan over to IDW to start at #1 again.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 09:48 PM   #2923
ChosenOne
Banned

Speaking of SDCC, any announcements concerning TMNT this year?
Old 07-10-2019, 08:16 AM   #2924
CyberCubed
Overlord

Is issue 100 still planned to be double length, so instead of 20 pages it has 40 story pages?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 09:41 AM   #2925
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Great news!

How many acts does City at War have? Two? Three?

If something tragic happened and you were forced to end the run at #100, would you feel it's an appropriately good ending that wraps everything up? Or just a stepping stone to even bigger and better arcs?

Was Jennika's mutation planned from the get-go, or just from the point when you first decided to introduce her?
City at War is three acts. #96-98 is act two, and #99-100 is act three. (Both #99 and #100 will be at least 40 pages of content each)

If we ended at #100 I think it would be much the same as if we ended at #50. (Hopefully) a satisfying conclusion that would leave some big question marks left in its wake.

The last one is a better question for Tom. I think he's been thinking about a female Turtle for a long time, but I don't think it was decided to be Jennika until a while after she was debuted. A couple years ago?
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 09:42 AM   #2926
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Speaking of SDCC, any announcements concerning TMNT this year?
We'll be teasing some things about the second half of City at War in our TMNT panel next Friday, but nothing I would classify as a big announcement.
Old 07-10-2019, 09:43 AM   #2927
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Is issue 100 still planned to be double length, so instead of 20 pages it has 40 story pages?
Yes, both #99 and #100 will be 40 story pages. You'll also be getting a free extra four pages in #97 and #98
Old 07-10-2019, 10:06 AM   #2928
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Bobby, is this plot twist something that was envisioned from the very beginning of Jennika's character arc and always the end goal for her? Or was it thought up somewhere along the way?
Old 07-10-2019, 10:12 AM   #2929
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Same answer as to ChosenOne-- female turtle has been planned for a while but when Jennika was introduced there were no plans for her to be it. That came at least a year or two later.
Old 07-10-2019, 10:20 AM   #2930
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Yes, both #99 and #100 will be 40 story pages. You'll also be getting a free extra four pages in #97 and #98
Holy cow, that's a lot of extra pages!
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 11:32 AM   #2931
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

The next follow up is, after the backlash of Venus and the core fans against the idea of a female turtle, what made the creative team want to bring in a female turtle? Tone is not a thing on the internet, but I am legitimately curious about the thought process in this. Its the one thing I never expected to see ( or is that the point?), though honestly did not want to either.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 11:41 AM   #2932
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

I can only speak for myself, but fan reaction isn't something that I ever think about, so folks reactions to Venus in the past isn't anything I worried about.

I can't speak for Tom, but I know he's felt it important to have a female Turtle for a while. I think it's as simple as that!
Old 07-10-2019, 11:44 AM   #2933
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
I can only speak for myself, but fan reaction isn't something that I ever think about, so folks reactions to Venus in the past isn't anything I worried about.

I can't speak for Tom, but I know he's felt it important to have a female Turtle for a while. I think it's as simple as that!
Thank you for your prompt and gracious response. I admit it's one of the concepts that I can do without, but long ago I learned #inIDWwetrust.
Old 07-10-2019, 12:17 PM   #2934
martinitolove
Foot Soldier

Quote:
I think it has been asked but I don't think I was able to give a concrete answer at the time but I can now:

This has me thinking... What are the current monthly books out that are past 100 issues with the same numbering? Spawn and Savage Dragon are the only ones springing to mind...
Great news! Way to go IDW, way to grow!
martinitolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 05:23 PM   #2935
CyberCubed
Overlord

Since the issues of Shredder in Hell keep getting pushed back, is it because of production problems or is IDW purposely delaying those issues to avoid "spoilers" from where the current run is up to? I assume something happens with Shredder or Splinter in that mini that the current ongoing isn't "up to date with" so is that why the issues get pushed back? Or are there production problems?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 05:33 PM   #2936
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

No, I don't think Mateus would mind me saying the truth- he's just taking a long time with it. These issues were intended to be out already, so there's no delaying going on or anything like that for the ongoing.
Old 07-10-2019, 05:50 PM   #2937
Igglet

Would you say Shredder in Hell ties directly to City at War (if that's not much of a spoiler)? If so, could these delays perhaps negatively affect that?
Old 07-10-2019, 05:55 PM   #2938
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

This is the type of question where i'm sorta damned (haha pun) if I say anything one way or another. But no, it doesn't affect City at War other than I'd like Mateus to draw part of #100 and the clock is running out on that front.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:49 AM   #2939
ChosenOne
Banned

I know I've already asked about this on here and IIRC you gave a non-committal answer, but it's something my mind keeps going back to: on the first panel of page 15 of Universe #23, the EPF headquarters has the word "NULL" on the front gate. Now that Null herself is featured in the main ongoing, will that become relevant at any point? Or was it just a mistake that was left in? Or can't you tell us yet either way? It's really been making me curious this whole time.
Old 07-11-2019, 02:59 PM   #2940
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

That's sort of lost to the lagoon of my memory so I would assume that was just a mistake.

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz