The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Should Razhar and Tokka appear more?
Yes 15 50.00%
No 15 50.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 09:03 PM   #21
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
The whole "double-mutated" thing was completely idiotic, and both are just more examples of them slapping old names on their original characters for the sake of nostalgia or something.
You're joking, right? Why can't a character who falls into mutagen again transform once more? If anything that makes a lot of sense, and is something that is oddly not explored much in any other series.

Also I don't know why the hell you keep saying they slap an old name on him. He's a wolf mutant, that's all Rahzar is. Except now he has an actual backstory instead of just being a random mutant. I imagine in future incarnations the Nick version will become the definitive version of the character.
Old 04-09-2017, 09:04 PM   #22
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
He's literally one of the major villains of the show and got some of the most amount of screentime of all the new characters. What on earth do you want? All of Shredder's henchmen in any series basically function the same exact way. Look at Hun during 4kids Seasons 1-3, basically the same thing.
Name one relevant thing he's done since that second mutation as an individual. The only two things he's done is hunt key items (retromutagen and Kuro Kabuto) and team with Fishface to find Karai. He's done nothing since season 1 and 2 to stand out. No amount of screentime is going to make up the fact he's there only for action scenes since then.

Also, your Hun example, as it was when compared to Tiger Claw before, is again wrong. You know why Hun was remembered? He actually served as more than a henchman, he was his own character; he served Ch'rell before leading the Purple Dragons from being a small time gang to a criminal organization. Compare that to Rahzar, a lowly henchman who serves as action fodder despite having a promising start when struggling with humanity and was Shredder's top student. See the difference in impact?

The second Rahzar became stagnant, literally any character can dispense him. Scale Tail, Scratch, any character. At least his design is badass, I'll give it that.
Old 04-09-2017, 09:04 PM   #23
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I liked the Nick versions, despite their differences from the originals. I particularly liked not making Tokka a Slash clone.

I guess the best chance to make them established characters would've been to expand their OT versions by revealing their origins and making them recurring characters like the Rat King and Baxter Stockman.

I hope some future tmnt version expands upon their OT incarnations which I think had the most potential since they were much more intellegent than SOTO.

They also had character since they were depicted as savage outcasts yet very close friends who deeply cared for each other, attacking anyone who threatened to seperate them.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 04-09-2017 at 09:11 PM.
Old 04-09-2017, 09:10 PM   #24
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
Name one relevant thing he's done since that second mutation as an individual. The only two things he's done is hunt key items (retromutagen and Kuro Kabuto) and team with Fishface to find Karai. He's done nothing since season 1 and 2 to stand out. No amount of screentime is going to make up the fact he's there only for action scenes since then.
Rahzar did all that you mentioned, had all of Seasons 1-2 where he developed, and he functioned as Shredder's henchmen for most of his run before he died and Kavaxas used him. Again, it's the same henchmen role any other character has in any series.

Quote:
Also, your Hun example, as it was when compared to Tiger Claw before, is again wrong. You know why Hun was remembered? He actually served as more than a henchman, he was his own character; he served Ch'rell before leading the Purple Dragons from being a small time gang to a criminal organization. Compare that to Rahzar, a lowly henchman who serves as action fodder despite having a promising start when struggling with humanity and was Shredder's top student. See the difference in impact?
Outside of some backstory with Hun and the Purple Dragons and with Casey, for the majority of his appearances in Seasons 1-3, all Hun did was appear in the Shredder episodes as another henchmen to fight outside the Foot or Elite Guards. It wasn't until Season 4 after Ch'rell was gone that Hun started to breakout into his own character.

Go look at Hun's appearance in, "The Shredder Strikes, "Shredder Strikes Back," "Return to New York," "Secret Origins, "Rogue in the House," "City at War," or "Exodus." His literal only role was to be another henchmen for the Turtles to fight.

His character developed in some Season 3 eps otherwise where he had a rivalry with Baxter and Karai and "Hun on the Run" of course, but not so much in the others until Season 4.
Old 04-09-2017, 09:20 PM   #25
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I've added a poll. Place your votes in!
Old 04-09-2017, 09:22 PM   #26
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
You're joking, right? Why can't a character who falls into mutagen again transform once more? If anything that makes a lot of sense, and is something that is oddly not explored much in any other series.

Also I don't know why the hell you keep saying they slap an old name on him. He's a wolf mutant, that's all Rahzar is. Except now he has an actual backstory instead of just being a random mutant. I imagine in future incarnations the Nick version will become the definitive version of the character.
I'm not gonna keep arguing with you about this. What I said still stands, and you've obviously put this show on a high enough pedestal that you can't even see it's own shortcomings.
Old 04-09-2017, 09:24 PM   #27
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
I'm not gonna keep arguing with you about this. What I said still stands, and you've obviously put this show on a high enough pedestal that you can't even see it's own shortcomings.
What on earth does that have anything to do with me thinking double mutation is an ok concept, or saying Rahzar is true to what the character is, essentially a wolf? I'm not even commenting on the Nick cartoon itself here, just the character origins.
Old 04-10-2017, 04:30 AM   #28
ToTheNines
[sic]

I guess I already knew this, but wow... cubed is awful at debating.

Last edited by ToTheNines; 04-10-2017 at 06:39 AM.
Old 04-10-2017, 04:58 AM   #29
neatoman
Emperor

Before watching OotS, my opinion was no. After watching OotS, I seriously wished they had been in the movie instead of Bebop and Rocksteady, so yeah, my opinion is kinda yes.
Hahahaha!
Old 04-10-2017, 08:16 AM   #30
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Before watching OotS, my opinion was no. After watching OotS, I seriously wished they had been in the movie instead of Bebop and Rocksteady, so yeah, my opinion is kinda yes.
I disagree, I think Bebop and Rocksteady were far better then Rahzar and Tokka, They had more to do then them.
Old 04-10-2017, 09:38 AM   #31
neatoman
Emperor