The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 04-28-2015, 01:31 AM   #8761
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Man though, Wii U is so worth it. There are some great games on that console. The 3DS has some great stuff too, you should pick up Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright because it's my favourite game ever. :V

My brother really loves Persona. He bought his Vita just for it. I may give it a try eventually but it probably won't be until he moves back in so I won't have to buy my own copies of the games.
Old 04-28-2015, 06:03 PM   #8762
MutantBear
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
I haven't had a birthday like that in over a decade. Maybe my family wanted to make up for lost time? Also some of those were from other friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Just finished playing some Mass Effect 2.
Netkeeper, please tell me your thoughts on the Majora's Mask remake. I'm interested in getting it, just want to see some other people's thoughts.

And oh, I love me some Mass Effect 2. One of the best American RPGs ever.
MutantBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:22 PM   #8763
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantBear View Post
Netkeeper, please tell me your thoughts on the Majora's Mask remake. I'm interested in getting it, just want to see some other people's thoughts.
Haven't had a chance to try it yet. Too busy with Bayonetta and 999. I'll give some thoughts when I get to it, though!
Old 04-28-2015, 09:04 PM   #8764
senpai
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Man though, Wii U is so worth it. There are some great games on that console. The 3DS has some great stuff too, you should pick up Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright because it's my favourite game ever. :V

My brother really loves Persona. He bought his Vita just for it. I may give it a try eventually but it probably won't be until he moves back in so I won't have to buy my own copies of the games.
Hehe! Ok! I'll give it a shot. Never played Prof. Layton but I enjoyed the first Phoenix Wright.

Yes, make sure that when you play P4 is the one for the Vita. It has a lot more features and 2 bonus social links! Oh, and don't wiki or google image or do anything online for persona 4. Easy way to spoil the game. Someone inadvertently spoiled the ending for me. I had never been so upset over a game in my life lol. P4 is my ultimate fav <3
senpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:44 PM   #8765
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Persona 4 is great. Big ups to Peanut for getting it for me for Christmas, woooooo.

I'm trying to think of my favorite Persona but I just keep picturing Incubus and his enormous dick.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:55 PM   #8766
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

I think I've already been spoiled for a Persona game, but I have no idea which one. I don't really care about being spoiled for games that aren't Ace Attorney, anyway.
Old 04-28-2015, 10:15 PM   #8767
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconhood View Post
grats bro welcome to the big leagues lol

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 03:49 PM   #8768
Memphis
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantBear View Post

And oh, I love me some Mass Effect 2. One of the best American RPGs ever.
I never got the chance to play the original, but the remake is fantastic. There's no master quest or hero mode though, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Boo! #PS4MasterRace

Looking for MOC Dino figures. PM me if you're selling! *Already have Ankyl Leo*
Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 06:02 PM   #8769
Falconhood
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Thanks. are you on xBox One?
Old 04-29-2015, 09:24 PM   #8770
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
Boo! #PS4MasterRace
jokes on you brah i've got all three lol

Quote:
Thanks. are you on xBox One?
indeed dude. anyone u added via 360 should move to Xbox One friends list

Visit My Wish List:

My Collection:
Old 04-30-2015, 04:13 AM   #8771
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Oh my GOD. I CAN'T STOP PLAYING BAYONETTA. I LOVE IT SO MUCH.
Old 04-30-2015, 07:42 AM   #8772
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
So what are you making of the story? I remember when I was playing it I was just like maaaaaaaaaaaaan. Great game but the story didn't make any sense to me.
Old 04-30-2015, 05:06 PM   #8773
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

The story is dumb, but the interactions the characters have with each other make up for it. Cereza is my favourite so far in that regard. Bayonetta herself is a wonderful main character.

I really need to get myself a pro controller for this game though. The gamepad is difficult to play with.
Old 04-30-2015, 05:58 PM   #8774
Falconhood
Stone Warrior

Quote:
jokes on you brah i've got all three lol

indeed dude. anyone u added via 360 should move to Xbox One friends list
I saw some people that are "Following" me that were not on my 360. maybe that was you? maybe Xbox One followers can't be seen by 360 ppl?
Old 05-01-2015, 03:14 PM   #8775
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Quote:
I saw some people that are "Following" me that were not on my 360. maybe that was you? maybe Xbox One followers can't be seen by 360 ppl?
oh hell yeah i didn't think about that.

Visit My Wish List:

My Collection:
Old 05-01-2015, 03:18 PM   #8776
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:

I really need to get myself a pro controller for this game though. The gamepad is difficult to play with.
I beat Bayonetta 2 with the gamepad and was fine. What specific issues are you having?
Old 05-01-2015, 03:31 PM   #8777
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Are you playing the first game first, or did you start with Bayonetta 2? Bayonetta 1 has a better story than the sequel.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 03:36 PM   #8778
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Are you playing the first game first, or did you start with Bayonetta 2? Bayonetta 1 has a better story than the sequel.
You're nuts. The story in 2 at least made SOME kinda sense.
Old 05-01-2015, 03:42 PM   #8779
CyberCubed
Overlord

I thought so too the first time I played, but then after replaying it a few times and paying more attention to the cutscenes the story is pretty decent (for this type of game) anyway. The backstory with the Umbra witches is only confusing when you don't actually realizing the time skips going on along with Bayonetta losing her memory.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 04:14 PM   #8780
Peanut
Second Gear

The anime cleared me up on a lot of the story stuff in Bayo 1, but it's still mostly nonsense.

Anyways, recently I played (and finished) a bunch of weird 360 stuff for some reason (maybe falconhood inspired me,) and ended up playing Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z, El Shaddai and WET. I liked all of them a lot.

Yaiba got absolutely trashed and I kind of can't figure out why, well...I can, but I don't much agree with most of it. It has some ruthless difficulty spikes in a few places in the last two or three levels, but I seriously enjoyed it. It also wasn't as gross as all the pre-release material suggested. Very stylish and breezy. Cost me $4 new.

El Shaddai I had already played a few chapters of and fell asleep on when it came out years ago. The game is gorgeous and weird, but it lacks any kind of real punch. The combat is decent, but can be frustrating. I pushed through the three chapters I had previously played and the games style just explodes. At one point you're suddenly in a future city racing motorcycles (and fighting a giant boss that is a transforming motorcycle) and the next your main character is getting sucked into hell and needs to be saved by the disco-dancing fallen angel you were sent to punish in a weirdly designed paint stroke world. It's so weird and different that in the end I really ended up enjoying the ride. Art style is incredible. I paid full price for this game when it came out years ago, but since I didn't play it much then it almost feels like getting a new game for free.

WET is basically Kill Bill mixed with Jon Woo choreography and Max Payne bullet time. The gunplay is a ton of fun and it's super satisfying to blow dudes away while running on walls or flipping through the air. The platforming is very Sand of Time style PoP, but way floater and worse feeling, but once you get used to the fact the jump doesn't work the way you expect it to it's manageable, if not fun. Again, like the other two games, it has a ton of style (although the film grain effect is way too heavy and I had to turn it off to stop it killing my eyes) and has some amazing sequences. At one point you're hoping from car to car down a highway while sh*t flips over and blows up, then later you revisit a similar section in the games awesome "rage" mode, where the art goes all red/white/black and super stylized. The story is OK, but Rubi cursing a bunch is pretty off-putting, especially because she mostly swears at doors and little else outside of cut scenes. I got this on clearance at TRU for $5 a few years ago.

Also, FINALLY played some Shovel Knight, which is incredible. The Battletoads level in the X1 version is perhaps the best homage to anything I've ever seen in a game. It nails everything so perfectly. I watched the PS4 exclusive Kratos fight after playing it and man...they put so much more love and care into the Battletoads stuff that it's not even close. Kratos is one of the map wandering boss fights and it doesn't even seem like a very interesting boss fight at all, while the Battletoads actually have a spot on the map, a little hub where you can talk to characters and just hang out and an entire 3-part level/boss fight that covers every part of the series legacy you'd expect. You even get a Battletoads armor set after completing it that gives you moves from the game. Also, it has the f*cking pause screen music! Not even close.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awesome, cybercubed the diaper, cybercubed the homophobe, peanut, video games