The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 03-21-2018, 06:22 PM   #8041
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
This day did not start out well.....

Got to work this morning, and not long after we opened the dining room, a guy walks in, and I take his order at the counter. He asks for a sausage egg muffin (special) and a senior coffee. I ask if he wants anything in the coffe, he says no. I ask if he wants anything else, he says no. So I ring him up and bag the food. Then he looks in the bag and asks where the hash brown is. I reply that he only ordered the sandwich. He suddenly throws the bag on the counter, yelling "well then i dont want any of it!" and smashes it with his fist. He starts yelling about never getting what he wants, so my manager comes over and asks what his problem is. He continues yelling about how he can't get his food (that he didn't ask for) and how we are idiots, blah, blah, so she tells him that if he continues to act like that she will call the cops. Then he storms toward the door, still yelling that we're idiots, he will just go elsewhere, etc, and turns to make a face and wave his arms like a monkey while giving us a raspberry, (like a five year old taunting a sibling) before slamming the door on his way out. And this was supposed to be a senior adult??!! Um, yeah dude, real mature..... I hate people sometimes....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 06:26 PM   #8042
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Wow...

I'm sorry that you had to deal with that, Duckie.

Hopefully, your day had gotten better.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 06:35 PM   #8043
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Good grief. Some people make me wonder how humans ever even evolved this far.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 06:38 PM   #8044
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
That is messed up. They won't accept longtime job experience?? Maybe with references from said job?

Or is this another failure of the online application process where their system itself will reject a person rather than ever getting the chance to talk to a human...

Grind... Why are people such a**holes?

We've had the stuffed animal pillow buddy Turtles in our store a long time. They never sold well because they (and all the other characters and critters) were $24.99 and sales were never good enough. Now that we're liquidating, the next to last one, Raph, finally left today.

We've had one single Donnie hanging around for quite a while, probably because of the hole in his arm. It's not even a legit hole, just a spot where stitching had come loose. I've been considering that if he doesn't end up bought by the time things are super cheap then maybe I'd take him home and patch him up myself and save him for my nephew when he's a bit older and won't tear him up himself.

Was over in that aisle today and saw Donnie still sitting there... Not only had some jackass torn off the replacement tag I'd put on it months ago, but they tore the mask off, too! And is the mask laying around somewhere nearby? Of course not. Just WTF.

I'd have thought it could have been someone's damn child that was allowed to manhandle him (as many brats in this store are far too often allowed to do to our merchandise), but I'd have thought that the arm surely would have also been 'torn' worse... however it wasn't... Either way, I just don't get it. Even if it was a kid, why let them do that? And lose the mask.

And of course it's one of the plush where the eyes are embroidered onto the mask so they are weirdly eyeless without it. Sad at this. If the eyes were on the darn plush I could just try to make a replacement mask...

Now I'm sitting here hunting eBay for appropriate embroidered patch eyes to no avail.

Although, side note, I found some really awesome Raph-like eyes. Even has that Nick Raph green eye color.

If it wasn't too big, do I turn him into Raph with Donnie's skin color and strap... Hm.

edit: Found eyes that are a little closer to what the plush originally have... but god forbid eBay sellers give people ANY basic info at all, such as size. Arg.

Thinking... Suppose I could always do felt and use the similar Leo I have as reference...
I personally would have just sewn it back on using a whipstitch or something. It wouldn't look as nice, but it would be on.
Old 03-21-2018, 07:09 PM   #8045
Prowler
Emperor

So... why do so many people kiss their dogs in the mouth? Anyone who's been on social media surely has seen pictures of their friends kissing their dogs before. Why does this seem so prominent? Isn't it unhygienic to kiss a dog in the mouth? Am I missing something here?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 07:21 PM   #8046
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Maybe that myth that they have cleaner mouths than ours..?

I'm sorry, but no pet that licks its own butt, eats (or chews on) something from off the floor or some random thing it finds outside and doesn't brush does not have a cleaner mouth than a human. They don't have magic antimicrobial saliva, so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
I personally would have just sewn it back on using a whipstitch or something. It wouldn't look as nice, but it would be on.
I would have liked to, but it disappeared. Kept an eye out for it, even looked again after everything was cleared out from upstairs, but no sign of the mask. Someone's kid probably stole it...
Old 03-21-2018, 10:01 PM   #8047
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
Wow...

I'm sorry that you had to deal with that, Duckie.

Hopefully, your day had gotten better.

Unfortunately, not really. Later in the morning I smashed a finger between the condiment cart and the metal support bar under the counter. Then I burned myself pouring coffee. And we were shorthanded all day, so I was doing double-duty. And I think I'm retaining water or something, because my pants were cutting me in two all day.....

Old 03-23-2018, 11:19 AM   #8048
Katie
Just...way too serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
So... why do so many people kiss their dogs in the mouth? Anyone who's been on social media surely has seen pictures of their friends kissing their dogs before. Why does this seem so prominent? Isn't it unhygienic to kiss a dog in the mouth? Am I missing something here?
I used to kiss my girl on the nose *shrug* no worse than kissing a human.

She wasn’t allowed to lick me though. That’s a dog way of showing ownership and its no good to let a dog think it owns you.
Old 03-23-2018, 11:24 AM   #8049
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Unfortunately, not really. Later in the morning I smashed a finger between the condiment cart and the metal support bar under the counter. Then I burned myself pouring coffee. And we were shorthanded all day, so I was doing double-duty. And I think I'm retaining water or something, because my pants were cutting me in two all day.....
Oh ...

I'm sorry for my ignorance and unawareness.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 11:28 AM   #8050
newfan
Mad Scientist

Yeah some people kiss their dogs, I don't let friends/family members dogs lick my face.
Actually I saw my friend's puppy eat her own poo so no way
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 11:28 AM   #8051
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie View Post
She wasn’t allowed to lick me though. That’s a dog way of showing ownership and its no good to let a dog think it owns you.
What? That's not true at all, in fact, it's the opposite. A dog will only lick those it concedes are its superiors, it's a sign of respect/affection. It is also done as a request for food, to read emotions though pheromones, & for stress relief, among other things.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 11:34 AM   #8052
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
What? That's not true at all, in fact, it's the opposite. A dog will only lick those it concedes are its superiors, it's a sign of respect/affection. It is also done as a request for food, to read emotions though pheromones, & for stress relief, among other things.

That's interesting.

....also I always thought it was more often cats who think they own you (unless I'm wrong about that)
Old 03-23-2018, 02:19 PM   #8053
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

No, that one is definitely true. Hence the old saying- "Dogs have owners, cats have staff." Cats treat humans as equals at best, but more often as "territory". (I say this as the willing slave of two feline babies myself, lol!)

Old 03-23-2018, 02:22 PM   #8054
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

I'm seconding this, and bolstering that with a link about feline domestication.

In short cats domesticated themselves. (national geographic)
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 02:23 PM   #8055
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
Oh ...

I'm sorry for my ignorance and unawareness.

No need to apologize- I was simply responding to your comment about hoping the rest of the day went better with a run-down of how it DID go. Which was not so great. But I thank you for the thought anyway. Fortunately, the rest of the week has been somewhat better. No customers throwing hissy fits, anyway!

Old 03-23-2018, 02:25 PM   #8056
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
I'm seconding this, and bolstering that with a link about feline domestication.

In short cats domesticated themselves. (national geographic)

Yup. That's about right. They were treated as gods once- and they haven't forgotten......

Old 03-23-2018, 02:57 PM   #8057
Katie
Just...way too serious.

For puppies, yeah. For grown dogs, licking, leaning, stepping on you, pulling on the leash, and separation anxiety are all dominance signs. I was an animal behaviorist in a previous life. And a certified dog trainer.
Old 03-23-2018, 03:10 PM   #8058
Powder
So tired of this place

It's only a dominance thing in conjunction with other red flag behaviors such as those you listed above, & the distinction is fairly clear, as they'll do it forcefully. Generally isn't a negative in well behaved dogs, though.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 01:57 AM   #8059
newfan
Mad Scientist

Not really a gear grinder, just too bad my 2012's didn't win the choice awards. How does Sponge Bob beat everything? every time? (I hear it always wins) Obviously a lot of people must love it.

Last edited by newfan; 03-25-2018 at 02:04 AM.
Old 03-25-2018, 06:08 PM   #8060
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Did the Sponge seriously win yet again? Supposedly it's just rigged that it wins. I'm disappointed that 2012 never did, not even early on, far as I know. Will be interesting to see if the most frigged up version of TMNT in a while is suddenly "allowed" to win in the next one and/or two.

Grind... When you deal with a growing rationalization that you don't work with as good of a team of people than you thought. I suppose it helped all along that I had always worked the second floor, more often than not alone, and didn't have to put up with the bullcrap of certain people too much. Now that I'm stuck downstairs... Ugh. I had thought maybe the stress is just making everyone be their worst selves, but maybe it's a longtime thing for certain ones.

Though it helped a bit to know it isn't just me after having chatted with another co-worker this afternoon who has dealt with certain people's bossiness, etc. herself. Which, to add, I find even more appalling and makes me more irritated over it because she's this tiny little woman in her 70s who works her tail off; never one to just stand around and chat like some of them. What happened to respecting your elders?!

I will very gladly hang with her and help her out when she needs it. The others... they can forget it, they already lost my easy willingness unless my manager instructs me to assist.

And one of the worst offenders, who oversees the same dept. as the lady in her 70s, apparently thinks she's too good to do the fitting women's room which is one of the hardest (how this even came up to begin with because I asked her about this other women never having come in there)... and my guess is she's probably young to mid 50s at most, if that... but leave an old lady to try to handle it all? Wtf. I don't care if you've been there longer, that doesn't EARN you a right not to have to do it.

But what should I expect from someone who had a small fit over the fact that I was about to use what she must believe is HER cart and made me remove this ton of stuff I'd put on it because she was going to use it... Then she hardly had anything on it at all, so little should could have frigging carried the crap. Meanwhile I've a large load of stuff in my arms to go put away and it doesn't phase this twit at all. Were the situation reversed and I needed it but someone already had a bunch of stuff on it, I'd have probably encouraged them to hurry back so I could use it after, not be a jerk and make them take everything off. I mean, wow.

In the long run I suppose it's for the best... It'll make me miss it less in a few weeks after all is said and done.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 03-25-2018 at 06:14 PM.