The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 02-19-2016, 11:13 AM   #221
Amaranthus
Banned

So writing is going amazing so far. My Dutch teacher is giving me feedback and I'm pretty sure about most things I want to do with this character.
Amaranthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 04:43 AM   #222
Amaranthus
Banned

Finished about 2 pages (first chapter). Sadly no-one on the proofreading site is replying.
Also not sure where I'll actually end up taking the character.
Amaranthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:32 AM   #223
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Spent the last few evenings getting some writing done. Got about three pages done on LIS, a bit further on ToTC as well, and wrote a 2-1/2 page essay last night on ghosts and hauntings because of a conversation I had on here. Fun stuff. It's going pretty well.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 12:15 PM   #224
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

In the TMNT fan fiction department, I am just coming to decide if I should write something on my primary Utrom character, Temre; Krang's mother and predecessor as General. It was inspired by Mr. Curnow's comment that he didn't know where Krang's mother was, but considered that she might be alive somewhere in Dimension X.

It would be about Temre and her personal team being Missing in Action during the D’Hoonib war, and trying to make their way home to Utrominon - only to be faced with a new ruler of the universe in the place of the Utroms: The Triceraton Empire. A bit of Homer's Odyssey with more despair and less extra-marital affairs. I'm not sure how long it would be, nor how much will be in the middle, but I have ideas for the beginning and end.
Old 04-07-2016, 01:37 PM   #225
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I got around to finally getting a request fic started, but the person who asked me is constantly asking me how the characters are going to get from here to there, I'd rather surprise him in the writing rather than tell him via pm. He's got some weird ideas for fics, like putting different ethnic faces on one character because she's obsessed (uncharacteristicly I might add) with plastic surgery. Go figure.

I have some chapters in my latest TMNT book done, but the journey to completing that and book ten is going to be quite slow this year as I'm having way too much fun writing short drabbles based off Danger Mouse and Bob's Burgers.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 01:41 PM   #226
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

After a month of laptop rebuilds and data recovery, plus Daredevil Season 2 and Batman V Superman, I'm finally back in the swing of things.

Wrote a combat scene that turned out pretty well; took a bit to get it going, but it finally took off. This weekend, if I have time while I'm daddying and taking care of a sick wive, I'll finish the chapter by writing its second half; a chase scene. Don't think I've ever done a protracted chase scene before... should be interesting.

I've got the perfect music for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUwszL6J81I
Old 05-11-2016, 09:20 AM   #227
Allio
Foot Elite

Finally got around back to writing, it may be fanfiction, but it's s start

Over the past 5 weeks I wrote six ever after high short stories

The stories themselfs contains: death, despair, sex jokes, and a panty raid

Last edited by Allio; 05-11-2016 at 09:29 AM.
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 12:34 PM   #228
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Trying my hand at Power Rangers fanfiction, I started off novelizing two episodes of Megaforce (which proved such a mandane task I added original side-characters to it), and then on to an original story based off of Power Rangers Turbo which I hope to make a short series out of. I got some criticism for having short chapters so I ended up merging three chapters each into one longer one.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 04:17 PM   #229
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I'm considering a Professor Obligado-based fan fiction, in which he unknowingly begins his search for Magonia. Long before he suspects conspiracy, he is instead trying to determine why there is nothing of Utroms in Utrominion's fossil record. The more he tries to research, the more dead ends he finds. Then he starts getting suspicious.

I'm just going to do an amalgamate universe in this case, combining IDW and Mirage, with some aspects of my own concepts.
Old 05-15-2016, 09:27 PM   #230
Allio
Foot Elite

Been thinking of an zyouhger and idw tmnt crossover

I think it would be awesome

Rat King would join Genis in on his game
Yamato would turn Gorilla and power it out with Bebop and Rocksteady
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 10:56 AM   #231
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

It's been a while since I last attempted anything relating to writing. Decided to start a story called "Beyond the Unknown" due to inspiration from something at school. This is an excerpt from the idea, any comments let me know. Enjoy:

The booming clap of thunder and lightning reigns supreme outside as I wake up. As I go to put my glasses on, I realized my alarm didn’t go off. At first, I thought the power was out; the rooms were not shining brightly and instead were consumed by darkness. For some reason though, there's an eerie sense of unfamiliarity. There’s water dripping from the roof cracks in addition to the noise of clamping boots, almost as if the military is storming the area.

Before I could investigate if there’s a hole causing the leak, I collided into a cold piece of metal, something not part of my house. I distinctly remember not installing a fence at home; even then, my neighborhood lacks theft. Once a month, the neighbors even get together for a party; the noise reminds me of a more entertaining time from my memories. Here though, the area is a madhouse unable to interact and instead make noise like teens at a concert. Even if the rain causes a cold shiver, I’d rather hear it instead of these howls. Only thing I question though is where I am; not withstanding the yelling, the place doesn’t seem like prison or anything I’m aware of.

Footsteps continue to approach my vicinity; though I'm alone I can't understand what could've entered earlier. Closer and closer, the sound becomes a rhythm; even then, the darkened corridors prevent knowing if I’m an animal taken out for a walk or something else entirely.

"Excuse me, whoever's out there, can you tell me where I am?" I call out like an echo in a cave. My call out was moot as the only response I got was an odd gurgling sound. Did I land into another home accidentally, taking a wrong turn after fainting drunkenly?

"Sorry for interrupting, but you didn't answer my question. Where am..."

"You there in the cage, shut yer trap!" a scratchy voice responded, "what d'you think this is, first class flight?"

For the first time since waking up, I'm left dumbfounded. A scoundrel who has no business decides to butt in like a tattletale! My hands begin to grow into fists, face swelling to a pinkish glow before becoming beet red. Soon enough, I became just as annoyed as the other voices.

"Listen here, I don't mean no harm but stay out of this" I begin to say, "I just want..."

“I said shut up!” the voice interrupting with applause, “Just because you’re the new attraction doesn’t mean you get more attention than us. Get in line and learn some respect.”

Ultimately, I'm left to wonder on being an attraction for 'crazy town.' The location is less of isolation and more of what I could be used as. A lab experiment? Personal entertainment? A low point of my existence is what I am at, only thing I can do is swallow my dignity and man up. Grumbling like a child who is grounded, I sit in my cell's corner awaiting my fate.
Old 05-27-2016, 09:14 PM   #232
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

I finally got back to writing after a bit of a dry spell. Got a little over four pages done- three on my Quantum Leap/TMNT crossover Matter of Time, and a page and a half on LIS.

Old 06-13-2016, 06:23 PM   #233
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Have three fics nominated in the TMNT Mature Fanfic Competition. Awesome! Been getting more done on LIS the past few days, and hopefully it will be posted soon.

Old 06-17-2016, 03:42 PM   #234
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

So it turns out my latest novel has a new fan who somehow stumbled across my stuff on Facebook. Been dialoguing with the person, took a look at their page...

Oh my. That person looks like they have some serious issues. Like, enough to make people on here look like well-adjusted members of society.
Old 06-17-2016, 04:53 PM   #235
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Even me? I dunno about that.
Old 06-17-2016, 04:57 PM   #236
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
So it turns out my latest novel has a new fan who somehow stumbled across my stuff on Facebook. Been dialoguing with the person, took a look at their page...

Oh my. That person looks like they have some serious issues. Like, enough to make people on here look like well-adjusted members of society.

You mean we're NOT?! Dang, somebody lied to me....

Old 06-17-2016, 06:47 PM   #237
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
Even me? I dunno about that.
Yeah, man. Like I said. "Oh my" and "serious issues."

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
You mean we're NOT?! Dang, somebody lied to me....
Well, as much as we'd like to think that we are...
Old 06-23-2016, 07:06 PM   #238
Allio
Foot Elite

Wrote my first lemon fanfic a couple of weeks ago. I didn't like the way it ended up.

Of course, it has become my most viewed story on A03
Old 07-09-2016, 09:48 PM   #239
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Needed an alias for one of my characters undercover, decided to pay a little tribute.

"Corey Santolouco", thank you very much.
Old 07-10-2016, 03:29 PM   #240
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Nice! Well, the voting period is about half over so I'n keeping my fingers crossed. Meanwhile, I've been hard at work on the latest chapter of LIS, and it's going to be absolutely HUGE! Lot going on from fighting and drama to classic sci-fi horror.