The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 03-02-2013, 09:13 PM   #101
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Z is the name of the alien computer controling the centuries abandoned alien spaceship in "Bye. Bye Fly". It appears as a computer chip turned desktop with a virtual body in "Son Of Return of The Fly". Z is absent for no known reason in "Landlord of The Flies". Like said above it is a hiccup continuity-wise. unfortunately there are other error like Krang's bubble walker in Get Shredder instead of te andriod body he was left with. Production staff should be able to catch these errors when reading the script. Anyway, Z makes his third and final appearance in Revenge of The Fly seen in the form a communicator.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:25 AM   #102
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pterobat View Post
Eh, I consider the transition between "Bye, Bye Fly" and "Son of Return of the Fly II" to be a big old continuity error. We just see the ship falling apart, and we don't get an explanation as to how Baxter got out of that alien spider's web.

It doesn't really bother me, though.

As for the computer's name, I've seen the name "Z" or "Zee" used on TVTropes.org and the TMNTWiki, and I've adopted it for personal use (as a Canadian, I read "Z" as "Zed", though). But I can't find any source for the name, which bothers me. Is it just fanon?
I recall one theory how parts of the crashing spacecraft destroys the spider-web, allowing Baxter Stockman to fly away while the spider falls down to that planet's ground.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:51 PM   #103
Pterobat
Hench Mutant

Yeah, but it's just a fan theory. Fan theories are fun to make up, and I like doing it, too, but it's not a substitute for canon.

http://pterobat.tumblr.com
Pterobat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:17 PM   #104
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pterobat View Post
Yeah, but it's just a fan theory. Fan theories are fun to make up, and I like doing it, too, but it's not a substitute for canon.
Actually, I think that planet he crashes on is a reference to two things:

1. "The Spider and the Fly"
2. Baxter Stockman "being all bark and no bite". All he does in that episode ("Bye, Bye Fly") is acting tough, first scaring away the scientists who believe it's a temple, plan revenge on Shredder and Krang, try to fight off the turtles, but when everything comes around, he's just a "small little fly in the big Universe"
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:54 PM   #105
oldmanwinters
Overlord

What episode is this screencap from? April is hanging over some kind of vat and the wooden beam to which her robe is tied is slowly cracking.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 03-27-2013 at 05:14 PM.
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:05 PM   #106
CyberCubed
Overlord

I think that's from one of the Euro vacation episodes where she's hanging over a cheese vat. It's the one with the two jewel thieves in Venice.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:08 PM   #107
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I think that's from one of the Euro vacation episodes where she's hanging over a cheese vat. It's the one with the two jewel thieves in Venice.
Hmm... all those European episodes really do run together in my memories. What a strange batch of shows!

View my sketch work!
Old 03-17-2013, 03:18 PM   #108
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
It's the one with the two jewel thieves in Holland.
Fixed that for you! I remember it was Holland, because I had to look up what it means to get in Dutch. What a stupid phrase... >_<

Last edited by gobo; 03-17-2013 at 05:12 PM.
gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:02 PM   #109
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Fixed that for you! I remember it was Holland, because I had to look up what it means to get in Dutch. What a stupid phrase... >_<
Thanks, gobo! Yeah, I've never quite understood the "get in the Dutch" phrase myself.

View my sketch work!
Old 03-17-2013, 05:15 PM   #110
gobo
Wacky Action

Whoops... I screwed up that hyperlink. Fixed now.

Old 03-17-2013, 07:57 PM   #111
CyberCubed
Overlord

The only Euro eps that were really memorable was the Viking one, the Oriental express, and the first one or two in France.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:51 PM   #112
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

I'm trying to remember the episode (pretty sure its within the Red Sky Episodes), where Donatello tells the other Turtles to head to the restrooms. Of course Raphael makes a quip about telling Donatello that he should have done that before leaving, but Donatello says it's useful because they can use the mirrors to deflect the lasers of the enemies they are currently fighting.

Do you guys remember which episode it was?
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:56 PM   #113
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS View Post
I'm trying to remember the episode (pretty sure its within the Red Sky Episodes), where Donatello tells the other Turtles to head to the restrooms. Of course Raphael makes a quip about telling Donatello that he should have done that before leaving, but Donatello says it's useful because they can use the mirrors to deflect the lasers of the enemies they are currently fighting.

No, that's from the Season 3 finale eps. I think its the first one when they're in the huge army installation with all those robots.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:53 PM   #114
Icebot
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS View Post

Quote:
No, that's from the Season 3 finale eps. I think its the first one when they're in the huge army installation with all those robots.
Yes, that was in the Big Ripoff. Something similar did happen in the episode HAVOC in the Streets, a red sky episode. When the turtles battled Synapse, the turtles also used mirrors to reflect Synapse's lasers back toward him.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:57 PM   #115
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Thanks CyberCubed and Icebot, I'll check both of those episodes out!
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:49 AM   #116
marsh
New Recruit

I was always pretty fond of the old show when I was in preschool, but my parents banned me from watching it after an episode or two, and a year or two later the old cartoon was taken off the air. To this day my strongest memory of the 87 series is one of the turtles (I suppose Raphael?) shouting angrily at the other turtles to not trust the Shredder, because "he was the one who turned Splinter into a rat!" (And then running off? I can't remember properly anymore)

I seem to also remember some kind of computer or a crushing conveyor belt, but that may have been from a separate episode.

But I've been trying to catch up on the old 80s series, and I never see any of the turtles get angry or angsty, they just throw around puns and Shredder is usually pretty up-front about wanting to kill the Turtles, there's no deception about wanting to help them or convince them to trust him.

Any ideas which episode it came from?
marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:20 PM   #117
Icebot
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsh View Post
I was always pretty fond of the old show when I was in preschool, but my parents banned me from watching it after an episode or two, and a year or two later the old cartoon was taken off the air. To this day my strongest memory of the 87 series is one of the turtles (I suppose Raphael?) shouting angrily at the other turtles to not trust the Shredder, because "he was the one who turned Splinter into a rat!" (And then running off? I can't remember properly anymore)

I seem to also remember some kind of computer or a crushing conveyor belt, but that may have been from a separate episode.

But I've been trying to catch up on the old 80s series, and I never see any of the turtles get angry or angsty, they just throw around puns and Shredder is usually pretty up-front about wanting to kill the Turtles, there's no deception about wanting to help them or convince them to trust him.

I'm guessing the one where they had the issue with trusting Shredder is Michaelangelo's Birthday. Three of the turtles allowed Shredder inside the turtle van to help them look for Michaelangelo.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:12 PM   #118
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:

Leonardo and Raphael were trapped in a pizza on a conveyor belt in the episode "Cowabunga, Shredhead." That episode also featured a holographic computer that spanned a few Michelangelo clones and zapped Shredder's mind to make him think he was Michelangelo.

View my sketch work!
Old 03-28-2013, 03:00 PM   #119
marsh
New Recruit

I dunno, just made it through both suggested episodes and didn't hear any angry lines about Shredder turning Splinter into a rat. There weren't any other series/made-for-tv movies about Splinter once being human before the 2000's, were there?

('Cowabunga Shredhead' made me cry tears of laughter to hear Avery trying on his surfer voice. Seriously thank you)
marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:27 PM   #120
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
I dunno, just made it through both suggested episodes and didn't hear any angry lines about Shredder turning Splinter into a rat.
You left that part out. That was ep5, "Shredder & Splintered". All 20th century kids I know called it "The Shredder Is Splintered" because that was the name of the VHS volume it was on. Also, it makes more sense.
Quote:
There weren't any other series/made-for-tv movies about Splinter once being human before the 2000's, were there?
Splinter was originally human in the original 'toon. It was mentioned in each of the first 5 eps, the S2 ep "Splinter No More" and the S3 clip-show "Blast From The Past".

Last edited by gobo; 03-28-2013 at 03:33 PM.

Tags
ask a question, questions