The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 05-21-2017, 01:15 PM   #6921
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
LOL! No regrets here. I emerged victorious after two battles, and vanquished my foes without a scratch! Which is quite a feat when you're nekked in a tub full of yowling, struggling furball with fangs and claws.....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 01:27 PM   #6922
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
...without a scratch! Which is quite a feat when you're nekked in a tub full of yowling, struggling furball with fangs and claws.....
Not an achievement that should be capable of mere mortals. I think Duckie just revealed she has superpowers. At the very least, flesh made of steel.

I think I'd rather swim with a shark (albeit not a great white) than get into a tub with our cats. lol Esp not the one that's a major challenge just to trim his claws. I prefer to keep my flesh intact best as possible.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 01:43 PM   #6923
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

LOL Yeah my superpower is being a cat-wrangler. Or whisperer. Maybe both. They actually stayed fairly cooperative despite it all. Mostly they are okay as long as I'm holding them and they don't get their heads wet. After that, though.... All bets are off!

Old 05-21-2017, 03:19 PM   #6924
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

That's great that the cats were able to get a bath, Duckie. I'm sure that can be difficult at the best of times. it was always like that when Toby had to get a bath because he didn't like it and he was a dog!

Gear grinder: After my brother came over to help Mom put a belt on the lawn mower with no success, Dad started crying after my brother left because he wanted to go outside. So Mom and I took him outside to shut him up. Sometimes, he will be the death of us!

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 05:40 PM   #6925
mrmaczaps
Banned

People who assume just because I'm heavy, that it means I'm lazy and there is no brain tumor, despite seeing copies of the MRIs... like my entire family.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 07:30 PM   #6926
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
like my entire family.
Okay, now that really sucks. Assumptions from strangers is one thing, but family despite proof? How does that even work.
Old 05-21-2017, 07:52 PM   #6927
Vegita-San
Emperor

Forums being less fun than they used to be.

Not more than 6 years ago, everyone seemed to get along much better than they do now. not just here, but EVERYWHERE. then the SJW movement happened, people started getting crazier, and louder, and more brazen. the same type of people personality across various forums tend to band together and make posting online more of a chore than anything else.

of course, if you use the ignore feature, you get told you're in a 'safe space' and they start trashing you once they realize you put them on ignore in some bizarre tantrum. if you leave the forum, you let these people win and the good people left have even less fun.

I sometimes wonder why i still put up with forums if more and more i'm seen as the forum villain most of the time these days. ;o).
but at least now a few people are tired of the crazy regime and joining me in the forum villain category .

It's a bizarre study in human nature trying to see what new thing people will glom on to complain loudly about with each post ;o).
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 08:05 PM   #6928
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Okay, now that really sucks. Assumptions from strangers is one thing, but family despite proof? How does that even work.
knowing how people like to rag on me just because they can, i can see it happening to other people.

Good thing those of us it happens to usually have a strong mental back bone and can take dealing with crazy: )
Old 05-21-2017, 09:34 PM   #6929
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I'll agree that things are more political now when it comes to our hobbies than ever before and everyone has gone to extremes either the left or the right.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 09:53 PM   #6930
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Wink

Sorry, can't pass up this golden opportunity to not only be honest, but to prove the argumentative point at the same time.

A Two-fer comment!

If you think things are more political now than they've ever been, then you're only just now paying attention to politics. This is pretty much how things have always been, and will likely always be.

Some folks think that things suck now, and others think that they're fine and the first group should stop complaining about it.

That's hardly a specific-to-the-internet phenomenon.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 10:14 PM   #6931
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I also thought what you just mentioned but I don't believe that anymore. Obviously if you study history you can see that things have always been political and will continue to be, but things can get a bit more "intense" so to speak. In other places in the world it has been going on for a while and in others maybe it isn't as big of a deal yet since these things go in cycles. So while in general things have always been political, I do think they are a bit more cranked up now because of current events worldwide. The internet having reached pretty much the every man who can express their political views and social media which gave everyone their soap box has not helped.

I disagree with you if you are referring to me, since my comment however was more specific and I mentioned "in our hobbies". Only in the past few years has our every day likes been politicized so much. Most geek blogs have a few liberal agenda posts from time to time, message boards in general have as well, just look at NeoGAF, once it was the gaming forum and now you get banned if you're not extreme left. Even here you see people posting about _____ was only done to appease the _________ or that it wasn't done because ______. Things got really bad and have been that way after GamerGate. Not even 9/11 caused this much spillover into hobbies.

It was easier to avoid and it didn't spill into other things like it does now, I've been online nearly all my life and have been somewhat politically savvy since High School, so it's not like I just discovered politics because of Trump. I was there watching Michael Moore movies with my friends back in the day when he was relevant. Things are definitely harder to avoid now than in the past.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 11:11 PM   #6932
plastroncafe

Mileage varies.
For some this sort of stuff was never easy to avoid.
Quote:
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 05-22-2017, 05:33 AM   #6933
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I get what some of the posters are saying though. Even here where we really aren't allowed to talk about politics or religion because of the rules, things have changed and now people are talking about it as if that's the only thing out there. I'm sure there are better things to talk about than that stuff considering we see it on the news all of the time. But it does get frustrating that the rules have simply been ignored and now you can pretty much talk about whatever for the most part.

Old 05-22-2017, 09:52 AM   #6934
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I'll agree that things are more political now when it comes to our hobbies than ever before and everyone has gone to extremes either the left or the right.
i don't know if it's politics, or people just becoming far more crazy than they ever where before.

I also do think the rise of the Social Justice Warrior is also a huge part of the problem. People who think that by yelling the loudest, they make their point easier.

Case in point, on another forum, there are at least ten people on my ignore list who ALL act the same way. most are in hollywood, or have hollywood connections, strangely. every now and then they all gang up on you and get their pants in a wad and call for your banning all because you say stuff they disagree with. they are loud, shrill, and ihave to remind people, hey, we may disagree, but so long as we discuss civilly, I've got no problem with you. Instead, they act like they are a fourth grader on the playground, and it gets really tiresome having to deal with that type of personality. if they got banned, it'd make the place more fun again. but for some reason, they are allowed to break the rules and run rampant.

and then you just have people who come off as jerks. even some of the people in charge here can fall into that category on occasion ;o). taking pot shots and calling people trolls after locking threads .

Maybe that's why they let things run rampant...easier that way, especially if the forum creator isn't around as much to reign people in.
Old 05-22-2017, 12:18 PM   #6935
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
i don't know if it's politics, or people just becoming far more crazy than they ever where before.
I chalk it up to humanity having peaked. We've collectively gotten as far as we can, intelligence-wise, and now brains are starting to rot. lol

I'm only kidding, of course, but there are days I wonder.
Old 05-22-2017, 01:50 PM   #6936
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I chalk it up to humanity having peaked. We've collectively gotten as far as we can, intelligence-wise, and now brains are starting to rot. lol

I'm only kidding, of course, but there are days I wonder.
not a bad theory.

I'd like to add in always on social media. it's reprogramming our brains in a weird way to be always on, and always thinking. causing people to get Forum OCD ;o).
Old 05-22-2017, 02:48 PM   #6937
Vegita-San
Emperor

happened just now on another forum...

someone who apparently had me on ignore for months if not a year choose today to not only confront me, but declare me with a challenge of 'conform to our standards and prove me wrong'. and seemed totally in denial that it didn't come totally out of left field, considering i had no idea they had a problem with me, or had me on ignore, and i was not only being nice and friendly but AGREEING with them about something posted in their thread.

i've never seen anything quite so out of left field like that before and COMPLETELY took me by surprise.

Try dealing with crap like that across multiple forums and across multiple users and multiple YEARS and tell me it won't change how you perceive things wondering when the next person will go crazy ;o).
Old 05-22-2017, 02:51 PM   #6938
plastroncafe

There's a saying:

The one common denominator in all of your failed relationships, is you.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-22-2017, 03:14 PM   #6939
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yep, but society is like that in general these days, Vegita. Nobody is allowed to believe in anything or think differently. We all have to conform to everyone and if we don't, then we're just horrible people for not giving in. But that doesn't matter to me. I will always stick to my beliefs and views no matter what others think of me.

Old 05-22-2017, 03:25 PM   #6940
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

You might not be too far off. I read an article in National Geographic a qhile back that suggested human brain mass is declining. Basically it said that we as a species are losing intelligence as we allow our own technology to do more and more of our thinking for us. And in a few generations we may not even know how any of it works.