The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 11-15-2017, 12:47 PM   #541
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I think I found the problem.

Sega has been known for rushing games on time constraints. They tend to rush their game development(s) quite frequently.

http://www.tssznews.com/2017/03/01/i...n-sonic-games/

(Note: It started with Sonic 1.)

Last edited by Papenbrook; 11-15-2017 at 01:06 PM.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 01:09 PM   #542
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
I think I found the problem.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DOFC1wXV4AAQvqp.jpg:medium

Sega has been known for rushing games on time constraints. They tend to rush their game development(s) quite frequently.

http://www.tssznews.com/2017/03/01/i...n-sonic-games/

(Note: It started with Sonic 1.)

Literally no one aside from you cares.

Quit acting like a broken record and get over yourself.

Last edited by TurtleTitan97; 11-15-2017 at 01:17 PM.
TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 03:18 PM   #543
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Literally no one aside from you cares.

Have you even read the article above? Have you read the various Twitter comments in the link above said article?

There are tons of people (besides myself, obviously) who do care about the current development and condition of the Sonic games.

Stop acting so close-minded.

Quote:
Quit acting like a broken record and get over yourself.
Are you really this insecure? Are you really this insecure about anything negative that I have said concerning Sonic Forces?

It shouldn't even affect you, yet here you are, still trying to silence constructive criticism.

You can still enjoy the game, Titan. I'm just giving folks the background information that concerns the development of the game. That's all. You do you.
Old 11-15-2017, 03:22 PM   #544
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
[url]
Stop acting so close-minded.
Like you're one to talk. You were never gonna give the game a chance in the first place. Nothing you said was "constructive criticism", you were hating on it for, quite frankly, ridiculous reasons.

Every time you post in this thread it's just to talk about how much Forces sucks. So don't start preaching to me about being "closed minded" when you're acting that way yourself.

Last edited by TurtleTitan97; 11-15-2017 at 03:33 PM.
Old 11-15-2017, 03:56 PM   #545
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

I can sort of understand both points of view on this, but really, is this argument solving anything/worth having?

Quote:
SomecallmeJohnny did a review of Sonic Forces and I more or less agree with it. Not bad, but not good either.
That's fine with me, because at least it's not flat out terrible. Mediocre games can just be glossed over and fade to the background. Not like the franchise hasn't done that in the past. It's the disasters that never disappear.

And, honestly, I was a little worried it wouldn't turn out well even if I didn't talk about it. The forty dollar price tag was a bit eyebrow raising. That usually suggests a lack of confidence in the game and trying to get as much out of it as possible before people catch on. Not to mention how little they were showing in the lead-up. It reminded me of Ride to Hell: Retribution, how that came out of nowhere priced at a pittance with no previews and how that panned out, so a part of me worried we were looking at another Sonic '06.

There are exceptions, of course - Katamari Damacy started life as a series as a bargain priced title - but it isn't always a good sign, especially with a bigger franchise.
Old 11-15-2017, 04:02 PM   #546
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
I can sort of understand both points of view on this, but really, is this argument solving anything/worth having?
You're right, it's not worth it. It's just annoying seeing the same broken record type of posts over and over again though when there are other things actually worth talking about.

Whatever Pap, you win. I submit, etc. etc. Post whatever you what about Forces till your heart's content.

Old 11-15-2017, 04:04 PM   #547
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Like you're one to talk. You were never gonna give the game a chance in the first place.
Wrong.

I was going to give Sonic Forces a chance. Sonic Team promised that they worked as hard as they did on the game. They even delayed the launch date. I believed in them.

When more information started to flow out however, I began to ponder, then doubt their words. It wasn't until the Classic Sonic gameplay trailer that I began to question my own optimism.

The Avatar trailer really made me distrust them. I didn't want to believe it. However, the final straw for me was the Enter: Infinite trailer.

Oh god, was that a horrible trailer.

Since then, I began to dislike Sonic Forces. It was quite liberating for me. I no longer had to place my trust in people who break promises and mislead the fans.

Quote:
Nothing you said was "constructive criticism", you were hating on it for, quite frankly, ridiculous reasons.
So the criticism of choppy and unfinished animation, dull and unappealing colors, slippery and scripted gameplay, confusing and effortless controls, linear and boring level design, cheesy and mismatched dialogue, and an unfocused and incomplete storyline are all "ridiculous" reasons then?

Quote:
Every time you post in this thread it's just to talk about how much Forces sucks.
Think again.

Only 2-3 of my posts are like that. The rest of my posts are either me detailing constructive criticism and/or posting news/updates.

Quote:
You're right, it's not worth it. It's just annoying seeing the same broken record type of posts over and over again though when there are other things actually worth talking about.

Whatever Pap, you win. I submit, etc. etc. Post whatever you what about Forces till your heart's content.
Thank you.

Last edited by Papenbrook; 11-15-2017 at 04:10 PM.
Old 11-28-2017, 04:54 PM   #548
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

For the next game:

"Work on consistent quality and make better games, Sega."

-PK
Old 11-30-2017, 12:26 AM   #549
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

W-Wh-What?!

Spoiler:

They did it on purpose. This is even worse than what I initially thought.

Last edited by Papenbrook; 11-30-2017 at 12:37 AM.
Old 11-30-2017, 06:09 AM   #550
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Apparently there's a Super Sonic but it's locked. http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...ic-is-in-game/

It's rumored to be released sometime in Dec according to Cobi. He unlocked it via hacking on PC version already.

Yes! Excited.

Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 02:23 PM   #551
The Deadman
Foot Elite

So AVGN got around to reviewing the Sonic '06 game and apparently it needed to be 2 parts

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 02:26 PM   #552
Shark_Blade
Emperor

2nd vid not showing but yeah that's a treat to watch.
Old 12-02-2017, 08:09 PM   #553
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

The concept art(work) of/for the Avatars has/have been revealed.

Old 12-04-2017, 06:06 AM   #554
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Uh oh.

I tend to lean on the negative side on any situation that Sega is currently in. But ...

Honestly, this might either be an acceptable action or an atrocious arrangement. The decision might lead to all-original developments that are oozing with great opportunities and ideas that would improve the overall quality of the Sonic games. On the other hand, Sonic Team might take and/or make it in the wrong manner and botch both potential performance and pleasurable prominence of their plan. It all depends on the concept and the implementation of that concept. In addition, all of the Sega sectors will have to be willing to cooperate, and Sonic Team will have to be willing to put forth their best effort.

Given Sega's track record, I ... honestly don't know how this will turn out. They had good concepts with excellent executions, okay concepts with okay executions, bad concepts with okay executions, good concepts with bad executions, etc.

All in all, I'm both cautiously optimistic and desperately worried about this decision. I just hope they know what they're doing, and make the best possible route that will decide their path going forward. They can't afford to make any missteps and/or perform incorrectly.

Last edited by Papenbrook; 12-04-2017 at 06:41 AM.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:24 AM   #555
Prowler
Emperor

So, I'm finally playing Sonic Mania. I'm only up to Flying Battery Zone so far... but this is BY FAR the best Sonic game I've ever played. And I'm only 4 zones in!

Man, this game is the type of game that makes me feel like I'm back to my childhood again. It's a time warp to the 90s.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 03:39 PM   #556
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Wait til you reach Press Garden Zone. You'll know what I mean.
Old 12-09-2017, 11:02 AM   #557
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Wait til you reach Press Garden Zone. You'll know what I mean.
What about it? What should I have noticed?

The zone that gave me the most trouble so far was Flying Battery. The 2nd act boss gave me a couple of game overs.

I heard Stardust Speedway's 2nd act boss was one of the hardest in the game... but I beat it on my first try. Even Hydrocity act 2's boss game me more trouble tbh.

I've reached Mirage Saloon so far. I like all zones so far. Press Garden is probably my least favourite but it's still a good zone.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 11:17 AM   #558
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

It looks like Sonic Forces' general reception finally took its toll on Sega's department.

After just four months, Sega of Europe's CEO, Chris Bergstresser, is exiting the company.
Old 12-12-2017, 12:23 PM   #559
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Sonic Forces looks awesome in my opinion.

Also, here's an interesting article I read the other day about an observation of the sonic fandom.

https://gamebabble.wordpress.com/201...t-fandom-ever/
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 05:10 PM   #560
TMNT_Guy
Stone Warrior

How about some positive Sonic news?

Sonic Mania has been nominated for "Best Platformer" and "Best Original Music" in IGN's "Best of 2017 Awards".

Tags
paperbrookneedsfreshair, sega, sonic