The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-03-2005, 01:35 PM   #61
cqb101
Cinephile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha Cow
It is, great movie.

I got the regular DVD a while ago myself...Then a few days later I saw the 2-Disc Edition for the same price at another store. >_<
I know how you feel. I bought Gremlins for about 20 bucks and then three days later I saw a two pack of Gremlins 1+2 for 23.

Anyway, I just got a bootleg copy of "Monster Squad". (Cuz it hasn't gotten an official release yet)
Old 03-04-2005, 08:32 AM   #62
Mars-Chan
I'LL BE THE HERO!!!!

My latest buy was "The Great Mouse Decective".

I simply ADORE that movie... ^_____^

*clings to award* THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!! *cries in joy*

RED DAAAAAAAAAAAAWWN!!!!
PROUD Member of the Risembool Rangers!
(icon made by bakergirl69 on glitter-graphics)
Mars-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 11:13 AM   #63
EZweasel
Stone Warrior

I just bought eternal sinshine of the spotless mind and man is it good. I have watched it like 2 times so far and am looking foward to a 3rd. I didn't even rent the movie first. I bought it without watching it first.
Old 03-19-2005, 07:38 PM   #64
Peanut
Second Gear

Got the Saving Private Ryan D-Day 60th Ann. addition DVD today. This movie f*cking rocks. I love it.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 08:07 PM   #65
cqb101
Cinephile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut
Got the Saving Private Ryan D-Day 60th Ann. addition DVD today. This movie f*cking rocks. I love it.
Awesome! That's definately one of my favorite movies.
Old 03-19-2005, 10:05 PM   #66
That Matt Guy
Honey Bunches

^^

Anyway, I finally laid my hands on a copy of Goldfinger.
That Matt Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 10:10 PM   #67
Peanut
Second Gear

Do you not like the movie Matt? A teacher once told me he hated because it was horribly inaccurate. Is that true? I'm not up on my world history. Especially in terms of war.
Old 03-19-2005, 10:19 PM   #68
That Matt Guy
Honey Bunches

Well, the D-Day scene was top notch of course. Most of the rest is total Hollywood BS, especially the ending. Typical "stupid and racist" German stereotypes apply. I guess it's ok, but most of it should not be taken in the historical sense. I remember reading about American AND German vets both being upset about the scene right after the D-Day landing where those two GI's shoot some Germans who are trying to surrender; in real life both sides claiming that nothing like that ever happened.
Old 03-19-2005, 10:35 PM   #69
Peanut
Second Gear

I didn't think that seemed right. That's something in particular I remember hearing about that upset people. I do agree that the ending isn't all the great. Not that it's bad, but it seemed a lot more "Hollywood" than the rest of the movie.
Old 03-19-2005, 11:28 PM   #70
Duke
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew138
I remember reading about American AND German vets both being upset about the scene right after the D-Day landing where those two GI's shoot some Germans who are trying to surrender; in real life both sides claiming that nothing like that ever happened.
Well Band of Brothers was based on real accounts and although it was never really confirmed whether or not Spears killed them, it was definitely insinuated.
Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 07:38 AM   #71
That Matt Guy
Honey Bunches

Here's a quote.

Spiers: You wanna know if they're true or not. The stories about me? Did you ever notice with stories like that, everyone says they heard it from someone who was there. Then when you ask that person, they say they heard it from someone who was there. It's nothing new really. I bet if you went back two thousand years, you'd hear a couple centurions standing around yakking about how Tercius lopped off the heads of some Carthaginian prisoners.

Carwood Lipton: Well, maybe they kept talking about it because they never heard Tercius deny it.

Spiers: Maybe that's because Tercius knew there was some value to the men thinking he was the meanest, toughest sonofabitch in the whole Roman Legion.

I think that explains it pretty much...
Old 03-20-2005, 07:49 AM   #72
raphael_is_cool
Mad Scientist

Yeah. It's a good piece of dialogue
raphael_is_cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 08:07 AM   #73
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

I went out and bought Star Trek First Contact Director's Cut. It kicks ass.
Old 03-20-2005, 08:41 AM   #74
Duke
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew138
Here's a quote.

Spiers: You wanna know if they're true or not. The stories about me? Did you ever notice with stories like that, everyone says they heard it from someone who was there. Then when you ask that person, they say they heard it from someone who was there. It's nothing new really. I bet if you went back two thousand years, you'd hear a couple centurions standing around yakking about how Tercius lopped off the heads of some Carthaginian prisoners.

Carwood Lipton: Well, maybe they kept talking about it because they never heard Tercius deny it.

Spiers: Maybe that's because Tercius knew there was some value to the men thinking he was the meanest, toughest sonofabitch in the whole Roman Legion.

I think that explains it pretty much...
Well that very dialogue is the very reason I wrote insinuated and not confirmed. Although, I always thought it could be taken as either a denial or as a brilliant way of avoiding answering the question. Honestly, I don't think I'd tell a superior officer if I really did it.
Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 11:23 PM   #75
Geek Catnip
New Recruit

Hooray! My first "real" post :p

I recently bought Kirikou et la Soicerie. It's a French animated film about a little boy (Kirikou) who saves his village from an evil sorceress. It's pretty crazed, but it's a cute film, however, I doubt many people have heard of it (I only saw it because it was a required film for my French class).

I also recently got Danger Mouse: Close Encounters of the Absurd Kind at a con. I haven't watched Danger Mouse since I was a kid....oh man. Pure Genius.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:44 AM   #76
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

Kill Bill vol. 1 and vol. 2.

$10 each at Target.
Kid Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 05:02 PM   #77
Peanut
Second Gear

Star Wars: Clone Wars dvd for $16.99 CDN at Toys R Us. I seriously wasn't expecting to find it. What's even better is I also found some of the Clone Wars action figures that I haven't been able to find ANYWHERE.
Old 03-22-2005, 05:14 PM   #78
cqb101
Cinephile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut
Star Wars: Clone Wars dvd for $16.99 CDN at Toys R Us. I seriously wasn't expecting to find it. What's even better is I also found some of the Clone Wars action figures that I haven't been able to find ANYWHERE.

The animated figures or the more realistic ones?

I also bought the volume 1 DVD today. I love this show.
Old 03-22-2005, 05:24 PM   #79
Peanut
Second Gear

The animated figures. I figured we wouldn't get them over here. It's been so long since they were released over there and we're just getting them. I wish the Clone Trooper or ARC Trooper was there. I ended up picking up Grevious. I wanted to get a couple more, but I need to save my money.

I love the show too. It's so great.

Last edited by Peanut; 03-22-2005 at 07:24 PM.
Old 03-22-2005, 05:25 PM   #80
cqb101
Cinephile

I've been wanting to pick some of those up for awhile, but I always find something else to spend my money on.