The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 12-20-2012, 01:41 PM   #1
LH
Leatherhead

Chris Bradford's career? (Spoilers!)

Has anybody else been wondering what the public thinks happened to Chris Bradford? I mean, he was apparently a really famous movie star. Do you think he has been declared Missing?
LH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:44 PM   #2
FoxZerro
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leatherhead (2012) View Post
Has anybody else been wondering what the public thinks happened to Chris Bradford? I mean, he was apparently a really famous movie star. Do you think he has been declared Missing?
Was he a movie star. I thought he was just a well known martial artist.

Either way the Foot clearly controls the media and they just covered up his disappearance.

However, it would be cool if they did an episode like that where someone from the past of one of the mutants comes around and is looking for their now mutated friend or family
FoxZerro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:52 PM   #3
LH
Leatherhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxZerro View Post
Was he a movie star. I thought he was just a well known martial artist.
Oh, he might have been.. I'll have to rewatch the episode I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxZerro View Post
However, it would be cool if they did an episode like that where someone from the past of one of the mutants comes around and is looking for their now mutated friend or family
Yeah. Like you said, the Foot would probably lie.
LH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:23 PM   #4
AnarkyLantern
Foot Soldier

Most practical thing would be to post online or some press release that he went to some remote dojo to train. Of course, there would be rumors but of the conspiracy theory sort and have little to do with the truth. It's kinda like this movie I saw a couple weeks back where someone had this theory that Stanley Kubrick faked the moon landing footage and dropped hints in The Shining
Old 12-29-2012, 11:25 PM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I guess for me I just assumed the Foot manufactured all the fake hooplah about him, including his career.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:23 AM   #6
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

They could lie and say he went abroad to study in Japan or something. It makes sense considering they have to keep his mutation under wraps.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:50 AM   #7
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Yeah, that bothered me after his first appearance, if he was such a big martial arts star how could he keep working for Shredder out in the open like that. Even before his mutation it bothered me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I guess for me I just assumed the Foot manufactured all the fake hooplah about him, including his career.
Just to trick mikey? hmm..I like this theory but I'd have to watch the episode again to see if it makes sense.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:58 AM   #8
FoxZerro
Stone Warrior

If the Foot had manufactured the hooplah about him, then it wouldn't have just been to trick Michelangelo, it would have been to inspire martial artists to come out and train under him, then anyone who shows promise can be asked to join the Foot, that or the people who train become unwilling members of the Foot Clan anyway.

It would sort of be like the first movie, except that instead of finding wayward teens and using them as petty criminals they are specifically targeting martial artists by having one of their members act as the poster child for Martial Arts

I also really like the idea that the Foot has such global power as to manufacture and influence the world into loving Chris Bradford
FoxZerro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:19 PM   #9
Xav
Foot Elite

So kind of like Khan?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:38 PM   #10
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I kinda think the writers don't think 'deep' enough and will just never mention it again. It wasn't until they rerunned 'New friend, Old enemy' that it smacked me back in the head that 'oh right... he's famous. so... noone misses him in the media?'

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:50 PM   #11
ToTheNines
[sic]

I think he actually is famous, his workout room was full of trophies.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:00 PM   #12
plasticturtle
Foot Soldier

Whatever he was in the past it's all down the crapper now. If he ever stops working for The Foot his only other career option would be making appearances at Furry conventions. A fate worse than death.
plasticturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:37 PM   #13
AnarkyLantern
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by robodog View Post
Whatever he was in the past it's all down the crapper now. If he ever stops working for The Foot his only other career option would be making appearances at Furry conventions. A fate worse than death.
Him and Wolf from Gargoyles.:p
Old 12-30-2012, 03:48 PM   #14
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's a shame if the writers never go into this. Although I guess it proves this is a children's cartoon after all.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:18 PM   #15
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Just to trick mikey? hmm..I like this theory but I'd have to watch the episode again to see if it makes sense.
That was my take. It's a little silly in a children's cartoon way, but makes way more sense to me than the Foot actually employing a worldwide martial arts celebrity and actor.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:01 PM   #16
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
That was my take. It's a little silly in a children's cartoon way, but makes way more sense to me than the Foot actually employing a worldwide martial arts celebrity and actor.
But at the time they had no idea that Mikey would conveniently PM Bradford and befriend him online. It's impossible for them to be like 'hey, Yoshi is alive... so he must have some pupils, so if they love martial arts... let's make up a martial arts celebrity and plaster billboards all over the city. one of them is bound to try to PM him over the internet! Genius!!!'

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 01-01-2013, 11:26 PM   #17
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

this may have gone past my head but since when do the foot control the media?!?!...and how so?
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:49 PM   #18
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
But at the time they had no idea that Mikey would conveniently PM Bradford and befriend him online. It's impossible for them to be like 'hey, Yoshi is alive... so he must have some pupils, so if they love martial arts... let's make up a martial arts celebrity and plaster billboards all over the city. one of them is bound to try to PM him over the internet! Genius!!!'
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelangelo View Post
this may have gone past my head but since when do the foot control the media?!?!...and how so?
There's really no explanation that holds up to full scrutiny. But I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that a multi-national organization with the kind of tech and money and resources the Foot have could probably set up a fake Facebook page and feed him a bunch of fake followers and create some fake notoriety so as to attract Michelangelo's attention. How they would even be so confident that such a thing would work is anybody's guess. I guess I just figure the idea is that in their stealth observances of the Turtles, the Foot cobbled together personality profiles on each Turtle.

I didn't say it wasn't stupid, I just think that was the general intent by the writer(s).
Old 01-02-2013, 03:33 AM   #19
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

hahaha, thank you for the explanation, man.I am kind of with you on the head scratcher that is why they would follow such an obscure plan in the first placebut I dont have too much of a problem for this purpose given this is what the foot did
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:02 PM   #20
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Chris seemed to have formed an army of ninjas before Shredder ever booked a flight to New York. He was most likely a celeb before the Turtles ever got into the picture.

Tags
2k12, nick