The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 02-11-2015, 10:21 AM   #21
yellowmario27
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
That's like asking why Donnie has a gap tooth. It's just part of his design, another thing to make him unique to his brothers.

For headcanon's sake, maybe he snipped them with a scissor because he thought it'd be cuter.
yeah never thought about it that way, they all have something different about them.

Like Raph's plastron, i want to know about that too!

i was just asking cause I know there was an episode in 2k3 where mikey's mask tails accidentally got cut short because he was doing some flashy move
yellowmario27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 12:39 PM   #22
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I assume shorter mask tails may also be more practical and safer with Mikey's weapons paired with his general physical craziness in a fight. Or in unpredictable elements, like a fight outside on a windy day.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 03:31 PM   #23
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowmario27 View Post
Like Raph's plastron, i want to know about that too!
I could be mistaken, but I think Ciro said at a convention panel (or something) that the crack in his shell would one day be explained, but I can't recall where.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 03:57 PM   #24
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

It was either at NYCC or SDCC where Ciro said that. Maybe it'll be explained during the Dark Raph story.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 04:39 PM   #25
victory_angel
Foot Elite

It's mentioned in the TMNT:Ultimate visual history book.

On page 181 Brandon Auman says- "The Turtles definitely grow, but you don't want them to change all that much. You don't want Raph to lose his hot temper or Mikey to suddenly understand why he's acting like a goof. That said, we discover things about them that will broaden their characters for sure. Like why Raph is hot tempered, and how that ties into the crack in his shell...that kind of thing."
Old 02-11-2015, 05:02 PM   #26
Mew
Banned

When will we see Slash again?
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 05:47 PM   #27
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I hope we see him soon now that the boys are back in NYC.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 09:02 AM   #28
Amaranthus
Banned

"Nickelodeon Germany To Premiere "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" Season Three From Saturday 14th March 2015

Although currently unconfirmed, it is expected that other localised Nickelodeon channels across Northern Europe will also debut "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" season three, including Nickelodeon Belgium (Belgiƫ), Nickelodeon Netherlands (Nederland) and Nickelodeon Poland (Polska), around the same time."

Yes please.
Amaranthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 06:55 PM   #29
aliena
Hench Mutant

Why isn't Donnie more serious during medical situations?

For instance, when Mikey gets shell acne, Raph and Leo tease him, but Donnie says to hold up it might be more serious than they think. Then he teases him that he'll eventually explode, but he doesn't laugh or even say he's just kidding. Even when poor Mikey is freaking out about it. Then later on, when he finds out it's serious for real, he is serious. Shouldn't he have been serious from the start?

Same thing for Raph when he has those squirrels inside him. I take that to be very serious and Donnie pretends he's going to let Mikey cut him open. I think he should be more professional about medical stuff. I think there are a few more instances when he makes these deadpan jokes about medical things. His medical advice can't be taken seriously if he isn't professional about it.

I suppose they have to add the element of humor so it doesn't scare the kids?
aliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 09:38 PM   #30
evan2000
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliena View Post
Why isn't Donnie more serious during medical situations?

For instance, when Mikey gets shell acne, Raph and Leo tease him, but Donnie says to hold up it might be more serious than they think. Then he teases him that he'll eventually explode, but he doesn't laugh or even say he's just kidding. Even when poor Mikey is freaking out about it. Then later on, when he finds out it's serious for real, he is serious. Shouldn't he have been serious from the start?

Same thing for Raph when he has those squirrels inside him. I take that to be very serious and Donnie pretends he's going to let Mikey cut him open. I think he should be more professional about medical stuff. I think there are a few more instances when he makes these deadpan jokes about medical things. His medical advice can't be taken seriously if he isn't professional about it.

I suppose they have to add the element of humor so it doesn't scare the kids?
I guess the short answer is, he's not a qualified doctor, and being a teenager at that?

I remember during my high school days, we used to fool around in the chemistry lab/workshop despite warnings from the teacher to be cautious about safety. And we took it with a grain of salt because... we were immature teenagers?

By the way, in Mikey Gets Shellacne, it felt like Donnie secretly knew that Mikey's condition was not as serious as it seemed, he was just exaggerating the severity for fun and possibly to teach Mikey a lesson for messing with mutagen. At the end of the episode Donnie even admitted that he put the antidote on acne pads simply because it was hilarious.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:46 PM   #31
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan2000 View Post
I guess the short answer is, he's not a qualified doctor, and being a teenager at that?

I remember during my high school days, we used to fool around in the chemistry lab/workshop despite warnings from the teacher to be cautious about safety. And we took it with a grain of salt because... we were immature teenagers?

By the way, in Mikey Gets Shellacne, it felt like Donnie secretly knew that Mikey's condition was not as serious as it seemed, he was just exaggerating the severity for fun and possibly to teach Mikey a lesson for messing with mutagen.
I think it was more of a joke about how Mikey's making a big deal out of nothing with the zits. But then later when he learns how Mikey gets the zits in the first place, it makes his joke more prophetic.
Old 03-07-2015, 02:52 AM   #32
Amaranthus
Banned

So, I was right.
Season 3 starts airing next Saturday.
I'm a bit sad about having to go through a bunch of filler first, but it's a start.
Old 03-07-2015, 03:45 AM   #33
evan2000
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthus View Post
So, I was right.
I'm a bit sad about having to go through a bunch of filler first, but it's a start.
Nice to know that! Be thankful of what you have, many Asian countries didn't even bother to kick off Season 2 after finish airing Season 1. In my country, they have been rerunning Season 1 all along.

But that's fine, I'm following the US airings anyway

Quote:
Technically we are not behind schedule, and if the next "wave" of episodes will cover ep 11-13 (ie. mid-season finale), we are most likely getting them in a row by mid-March, or early-March if we are lucky.
Guess what, we got more than lucky this time, having episode 11 airing and 12-13 streaming online on the same day (8 March), what more could we ask for?
Old 03-07-2015, 04:19 AM   #34
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
So, I was right.
Nice, is it just once a week or 2 times a week like the UK.

We getting caught up the US quite quickly (thanks to their breaks). Serpent Hunt is tomorrow, The Pig and The Rhino is next Saturday and looks like Battle for New York is is next Sunday. But I bet we going on a break after that.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 04:29 AM   #35
Amaranthus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Nice, is it just once a week or 2 times a week like the UK.

We getting caught up the US quite quickly (thanks to their breaks). Serpent Hunt is tomorrow, The Pig and The Rhino is next Saturday and looks like Battle for New York is is next Sunday. But I bet we going on a break after that.
They did however change it from 17:15 on a Sunday to about 2 hours earlier on a Saturday. Pretty weird but I'll see how it goes.

Last edited by Amaranthus; 03-08-2015 at 10:10 AM.
Old 03-08-2015, 10:10 AM   #36
Amaranthus
Banned

Quote:
They did however change it from 17:15 on a Sunday to about 2 hours earlier on a Saturday. Pretty weird but I'll see how it goes.
They're airing the 2nd episode of season 3 in 2 weeks.
On Saturday morning, followed by a repeat of season 2.
They seem to be randomly airing episodes from season 2, mixed with new episodes of season 3.
I sent them a mail about this, I don't want to have to look ever week on which hour they'll show a new episode.
Old 03-12-2015, 03:11 PM   #37
Amaranthus
Banned

No answer from Nick yet. I doubt they'll respond to be honest.
I'm dying on the inside. Randomly airing new episodes between old ones doesn't seem like a sign of caring for the show.
Hold me.
Old 03-12-2015, 06:54 PM   #38
matteso586
Stone Warrior

I thought TMNT was airing once per week nowadays. And yes I know about the Nicktoons channel, but I'm talking about the actual Nickelodeon channel. Now for the questions that I should ask.

1) How did Leatherhead and Kraang Subprime survive their respective battles? 2) What's the point of keeping the Irma disguise since Subprime isn't infiltrating anyplace right now? 3) Was Pete being part of the Mutanimals inspired by the IDW comics?
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 01:33 AM   #39
evan2000
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteso586 View Post
I thought TMNT was airing once per week nowadays. And yes I know about the Nicktoons channel, but I'm talking about the actual Nickelodeon channel. Now for the questions that I should ask.

1) How did Leatherhead and Kraang Subprime survive their respective battles? 2) What's the point of keeping the Irma disguise since Subprime isn't infiltrating anyplace right now? 3) Was Pete being part of the Mutanimals inspired by the IDW comics?
Amaranthus was talking about Nickelodeon Belgium. If you're referring to Nickelodeon US, the TMNT airing schedule can be found here.

1) Leatherhead was last seen falling into the water during The Invasion. He could have swam away and escaped via the sewer route. Kraang sub-prime obviously survived the spiral staircase falling on him. He could have been injured, but not killed. Judging from his battle scars he is one tough Kraang to destroy, and has great survivability skills. He could have crawled out by himself, or aided by another Kraangdroid to lift up the debris and set him free, after Splinter left the lair.

2) While the Irma disguise is no longer needed, the transformable body and built-in weapons (laser-shooting eyes, detachable crawling head, strong mechanical limbs and circular saw between fingers) can still come in handy during battle. The compact "Irma" mode is also useful as a protection body for KSP, and is way superior to the clumsy Kraangdroids that other Kraangs are using. You wouldn't expect KSP to return to a regular Kraangdroid body after getting used to the Irma body for so long!

3) Maybe, maybe not. It's hard to tell if the writers at IDW planned this together with Ciro's team from the start, or they both coincidently picked the common members for their respective Mighty Mutanimals line up. Hopefully a behind-the-scene video in the future sheds more light on this question.
Old 03-13-2015, 04:41 AM   #40
Ravenshell
Hench Mutant

Quote:

2) While the Irma disguise is no longer needed, the transformable body and built-in weapons (laser-shooting eyes, detachable crawling head, strong mechanical limbs and circular saw between fingers) can still come in handy during battle. The compact "Irma" mode is also useful as a protection body for KSP, and is way superior to the clumsy Kraangdroids that other Kraangs are using. You wouldn't expect KSP to return to a regular Kraangdroid body after getting used to the Irma body for so long!
KSP likes being pretty. ;p The Irma body is also useful for infiltration. Normal humans aren't going to suspect a teenage girl walking among them.

Hey, non-US folk? Is there a reason you're waiting for the eps to air instead of picking them up on animeflavor or watchcartoononline? (Not to condescend, just wondering the reason...) Both are pretty good sites, but DO have your ad-blocker on. Usually the new eps show up on the sites about 10pm here (Netherlands, so Amaranthus would be in the same one as us... what was that... GMT +1?).

Anyway, that's one way you can get them without the wait. We download ours on our laptop and hook it up to the tv with an HDMI cable.
Ravenshell is offline   Reply With Quote