The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 02-19-2020, 08:21 PM   #1
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

New York Toy Fair 2020

Thought it might be helpful to start a thread to keep all the Toy Fair news in one place for easy access and discussion.

Is there a preview night tomorrow night?
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 08:53 PM   #2
Angry_Raph
Foot Soldier

Is Playmates even going to be there? The Rise line has actually been worse than the cartoon. That’s what happens when you cancel a successful show and then expect parents to shell out more cash for new designs though.
Angry_Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 09:21 PM   #3
909 Turtle Fan
Hench Mutant

Playmates can make like a tree and get outta here!

I’d like to see NECA announce the 1/12 scale movie disguised Raphael though 😉

"Breath in the smoke, Oroku Saki, and meditate. Open your mind and all will become clear."-Kitsune, SHotFC #3

"You know what, you're not Leonardo, you're a member of the foot clan. you are a foot clan member! you're not just a member, you're Danny! you're that punk b*tch Danny!"
-Adam, workaholics, teenage mutant ninja roommates
909 Turtle Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 10:17 PM   #4
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

Playmates said they're gonna focus more on the ever popular classics line.
What could they possibly do at this point? Classics is dominated by Neca.

Only thing that can get my attention is if they rerelease retro vehicles like blimp and the technodrome.

Will anyone be excited for their unreleased classics collection krang android body?
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 10:49 PM   #5
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry_Raph View Post
Is Playmates even going to be there? The Rise line has actually been worse than the cartoon. That’s what happens when you cancel a successful show and then expect parents to shell out more cash for new designs though.
Hahahahhahahahahahhahaha.

Look at you spin. Rise was finally put out of its misery after a pitiful performance.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 11:18 PM   #6
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post

Look at you spin. Rise was finally put out of its misery after a pitiful performance.
you misread what he said. he said the rise toys were as bad as the rise show. He was talking about 2012 as the successful show that got cancelled.
Old 02-19-2020, 11:34 PM   #7
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
It reads as though the intent was that cancelling the Rise linear, was responsible for a slump in Rise product, and that Rise had been successful.

Perhaps not what was meant, but definitely how that reads, but I can see your take.
Old 02-19-2020, 11:54 PM   #8
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

Is there going to be a preview night?
Old 02-20-2020, 12:06 AM   #9
TommyT
Banned

There are some parties tomorrow night. Friday is last minute scrambling to set everything up.
Old 02-20-2020, 02:30 AM   #10
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post

Jeez. You’re so ready to mock people you don’t even read their posts properly, it’s a bit sad really
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 05:10 AM   #11
The Turtle Terminator
Mad Scientist

I feel if Playmates don’t show anything Rise related off, we can assume the show to be cancelled soon
The Turtle Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 05:14 AM   #12
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Jeez. You’re so ready to mock people you don’t even read their posts properly, it’s a bit sad really
Did I kick your dog? Dude, your obsession with me is unsettling.
Old 02-20-2020, 08:15 AM   #13
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Playmates has a history of not placing a great deal of importance on Toy Fair or at least they did back when there was a fall Toy Fair. I don't know if that still exists. So it wouldn't be a great idea to judge anything based on Playmates presence or lack there of at Toy Fair. Also, Playmates has a lot of non-TMNT products, especially outside of the action figure market. So they likely would be there regardless of the status of TMNT. (In short, Playmates is a wild card when it comes to showing at Toy Fair.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergreg View Post
Playmates said they're gonna focus more on the ever popular classics line.
What could they possibly do at this point? Classics is dominated by Neca.
NECA produces less than a dozen TMNT figures a year. They may be producing the best classics based figures, but the limited number of products they have been able to make hardly dominate the available market. They are also only making figures based on one movie, one version of the cartoon and the arcade games. That still leaves Mirage Comics, Image Comics, IDW comics, Archie Comics, Next Mutation, 2003 cartoon, Fast Forward, Retrun to the Sewers, 2007 CGI, 2012 cartoon, 2014 movie, 2016 movie and Rise as other parts of TMNT history to draw from. Again, I'm not knocking NECA. But clearly there is a lot of additional market out there if Playmates wants to tap it.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 09:28 AM   #14
Creedog
Foot Soldier

We know the next NECA toon wave is Casey, April, leatherhead, slash, and more foot. They’ve also shown Triceratron and metalhead, as well as video game versions of General Traag and Granitor that may get toon decos. And finally, they have given a sneak peek of Krang Android Body.

I’m really hoping they show new molds this weekend, like Splinter, rat king, or Baxter. And I really hope they show the full prototype of Krang Android body. That would be sweet.
Creedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 09:29 AM   #15
LeoRaDoMic
Banned

Screw that 7" line. I want a 1990 1/4 Splinter!
LeoRaDoMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 09:31 AM   #16
Creedog
Foot Soldier

Super7 has a toy fair booth too, but I assume they’re just going to display the already announced ultimates tmnt wave 1 and wave 2. I sincerely doubt they will show any new ultimates tmnt figures. They might show new reaction tmnt figures though.
Old 02-20-2020, 09:34 AM   #17
Creedog
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoRaDoMic View Post
Screw that 7" line. I want a 1990 1/4 Splinter!
I could care less about either scale of movie lines, personally... but to release 7” Splinter before 1/4 Splinter was a real kick to the nuts to the original fans who made the line an initial success.
Old 02-20-2020, 11:50 AM   #18
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

Do you think we’ll see anything leak from NECA on preview night?
Old 02-20-2020, 11:53 AM   #19
LeoRaDoMic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creedog View Post
Super7 has a toy fair booth too, but I assume they’re just going to display the already announced ultimates tmnt wave 1 and wave 2. I sincerely doubt they will show any new ultimates tmnt figures. They might show new reaction tmnt figures though.
Hahaha I don't even want to see that crap. Reaction or Superflop7, they can stay at home with those horrible toys. NECA is the only company with interesting TMNT stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creedog View Post
I could care less about either scale of movie lines, personally... but to release 7” Splinter before 1/4 Splinter was a real kick to the nuts to the original fans who made the line an initial success.
Yeah indeed. Maybe the 1:4 is more work for them because the fur is more realistic and not just plastic like the 7" (hope so!). Well, I would be really glad if he is being made in 1/4 scale. I'm not that big of a fan of the 7" ones. The 1/4 ones are far more superior imo.
LeoRaDoMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 01:27 PM   #20
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoRaDoMic View Post
Hahaha I don't even want to see that crap. Reaction or Superflop7, they can stay at home with those horrible toys. NECA is the only company with interesting TMNT stuff.

Yeah indeed. Maybe the 1:4 is more work for them because the fur is more realistic and not just plastic like the 7" (hope so!). Well, I would be really glad if he is being made in 1/4 scale. I'm not that big of a fan of the 7" ones. The 1/4 ones are far more superior imo.
You and I seem to have the exact same views. I wouldn’t change a thing about your comments above. I feel the same way.