The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 02-21-2020, 09:06 AM   #41
AquaParade
Banned

I am grinning like an idiot imagining a Neca Casey Jones movie figure.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 09:13 AM   #42
JonesyKitty
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZarkovski View Post
It looks like Playmates will be on Toy Fair, but they don't have new RTMNT toys.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...301008825.html
I can't figure out a way to post screenshots from the mobile version of the forum but here is a direct copy and paste from the link you posted.

"Playmates Toys will also display its popular Ben 10 and Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles product lines, which both feature expansions for 2020. The varied product lines will be on display in the Playmates Toys booth, # 2243."

Not sure where you're seeing that they won't have new Rise of the TMNT stuff. I am not personally interested in that stuff, but I keep seeing people posting info saying they are done with it or like a few posts up an old link. Just trying to help clear things up for the people who are interested.
JonesyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 09:20 AM   #43
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonesyKitty View Post
I can't figure out a way to post screenshots from the mobile version of the forum but here is a direct copy and paste from the link you posted.

"Playmates Toys will also display its popular Ben 10 and Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles product lines, which both feature expansions for 2020. The varied product lines will be on display in the Playmates Toys booth, # 2243."

Not sure where you're seeing that they won't have new Rise of the TMNT stuff. I am not personally interested in that stuff, but I keep seeing people posting info saying they are done with it or like a few posts up an old link. Just trying to help clear things up for the people who are interested.
There is also the text below:

Playmates Toys, the longtime master toy licensee for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and home of the "classic" Turtle toys, will showcase its extensive toy line inspired by Nickelodeon's animated series, Rise of The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The pizza-loving, evil-fighting, radical reptile brothers Leo, Donnie, Raph and Mikey are always at the center of the action. With rad action figures, vehicles, role play and more, the Ninja Turtles come to life as kids play out their favorite moments from the TV show.

There is not a single word about the new figures. Their other licenses have the word "new."
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 10:44 AM   #44
JonesyKitty
Mad Scientist

Quote:
There is also the text below:

Playmates Toys, the longtime master toy licensee for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and home of the "classic" Turtle toys, will showcase its extensive toy line inspired by Nickelodeon's animated series, Rise of The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The pizza-loving, evil-fighting, radical reptile brothers Leo, Donnie, Raph and Mikey are always at the center of the action. With rad action figures, vehicles, role play and more, the Ninja Turtles come to life as kids play out their favorite moments from the TV show.

There is not a single word about the new figures. Their other licenses have the word "new."
It says Ben 10 and Rise both have expansions for 2020. Doesn't that mean they will be adding new products?
JonesyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 10:53 AM   #45
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonesyKitty View Post
It says Ben 10 and Rise both have expansions for 2020. Doesn't that mean they will be adding new products?
That’s not what Playmates said here: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...57481&page=42?
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 11:15 AM   #46
xZAOx
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergreg View Post
Can anyone name me a toy company that doesn't do that?
All the tmnt toy makers, and marvel legends(Hasbro) does it.
Which superior toy company creates unique molds for everything? Name one.
There's a difference between "must repaint a jillion times" and "gets reuse out of the mold".

NECA's upcoming cartoon figures look to have some that only have 1 or 2 reuses, which is pretty rare for them.

But since you asked - Super7 makes a ton of unique molds across all its lines. Even when they share parts, they still get a lot of new parts. Hell even the 2 waves they've announced for the 7" TMNT line have a lot of unique molds and parts. I have the entire MOTU Club Greyskull line, and the upper legs / arms seem reused a lot, but the chests, hands, feet, heads, accessories and such are all super varied. Lots of large pieces that are one-use only.

Hasbro often makes Transformers that don't get repaints and reuse (but they also make plenty that do). The key here is that Hasbro costs things by the wave - so they can throw in one-use molds (or at least, molds with no immediate plans to reuse), with repaints, to balance it out.

Hasbro's Marvel Legends also have single-use molds, but again, they cost by the wave, so the wave as a whole will have a good bit of reused parts.

NECA just seems to run only on "what can we immediately repaint / reuse a bunch". They really struggle with variety - which is why for the, what, over 10 years they've had the line, up until recently we only ever got Turtles and that one April mold, then eventually Shredder and Foot Soldiers, and only now are we really seeing them finally expand the line.

Here's to hoping they do the same with their quarter scale, to at least hit the main characters from the first movie.
xZAOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 11:21 AM   #47
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
It looks like Playmates will be on Toy Fair, but they don't have new RTMNT toys.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...301008825.html
Why would they be showing Rise stuff when they cancelled the line?
Old 02-21-2020, 11:25 AM   #48
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Why would they be showing Rise stuff when they cancelled the line?
Perhaps they do not have new classic stuff yet.
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 12:09 PM   #49
TurtleManiac
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergreg View Post
Doesn't make sense for them to release TiT Rahzar & Tokka separately from the cartoon line. It'll probably go the leatherhead route, same molds different paintjob.

The only thing that can get me excited is PUNK FROGS........... and maybe Mondo Gecko.
I notice NECA arcade Leatherhead has different boots than NECA toon Leatherhead, (Bebop legs with Rocksteady feet) and also some of the rubber pieces and belt is different.

I wonder if all these arm and leg pieces they keep re-using was originally intended for TMNT, or just universal. It seems pretty easy for them to make new characters just by making new head sculpts and maybe new hands/feet sculpt, and just throwing a new rubber attachment over the base body.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24478755@N08/
TurtleManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 12:12 PM   #50
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Just ran across the same article and came to see if it's already being discussed. And so that's rather confusing... If the 'Rise' stuff is done and being pulled...why is it even mentioned. Maybe this info of the company's attendance plans was submitted to the fair a while ago before they decided to pull that toy line?
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 01:09 PM   #51
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I am grinning like an idiot imagining a Neca Casey Jones movie figure.
There should be a Casey Jones figure in both scales for the 30th Anniversary, but we can only keep our fingers crossed at the moment.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 02:34 PM   #52
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
There should be a Casey Jones figure in both scales for the 30th Anniversary, but we can only keep our fingers crossed at the moment.
I'd say it's guaranteed. The question is,where and what set will he be in...

SDCC set first?

Exclusive 2 Pack somewhere?

guess we'll find out tommorrow
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 02:46 PM   #53
xZAOx
Stone Warrior

I wouldn't say it's guaranteed, but it'd be awesome.

I really wish we could get a special edition Blu-Ray movie release, with all the extra scenes and deleted scenes included, along with a "director's cut" version that incorporates as much as it could.

There's *so* many deleted and extra scenes out there.
Old 02-21-2020, 02:50 PM   #54
Otter
Stone Warrior

While I'm hoping for a 1990 Casey, I think we won't see that until they reveal the SDCC2020 exclusive.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 03:04 PM   #55
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

Does anyone think any pictures from the NECA booth would leak tonight?
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 03:51 PM   #56
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by xZAOx View Post
There's a difference between "must repaint a jillion times" and "gets reuse out of the mold".

NECA's upcoming cartoon figures look to have some that only have 1 or 2 reuses, which is pretty rare for them.
Triceraton and Leatherhead both use the same body as bebop and Rocksteady. They’re using rubber upper body pieces that fit over the torso. I can imagine they’ll be reusing the same body for quite a few mutants to come.
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 04:26 PM   #57
Creedog
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogod View Post
Hahaha, the entitlement from the 18" collectors is hilarious. NECA owes you jack ****, you whiny little bitch.
I don’t give a crap about either movie line, nor do I collect them.

But I choose to empathize with fans who feel tricked into buying an expensive and potentially short lived toy line, instead of attacking them with childish insults.

That being said, I do agree with your main point, NECA doesn’t owe their fans anything. But the move was certainly insulting.
Creedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 05:30 PM   #58
xZAOx
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfannumerouno View Post
Triceraton and Leatherhead both use the same body as bebop and Rocksteady. They’re using rubber upper body pieces that fit over the torso. I can imagine they’ll be reusing the same body for quite a few mutants to come.
Oh, that's kind of clever. Maybe that's why Bebop and Rocksteady are so out of scale too.

Just need for them to find a way get reuse out of 1/4" Splinter and we're set, heh.
Old 02-21-2020, 05:51 PM   #59
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creedog View Post
I don’t give a crap about either movie line, nor do I collect them.

But I choose to empathize with fans who feel tricked into buying an expensive and potentially short lived toy line, instead of attacking them with childish insults.

That being said, I do agree with your main point, NECA doesn’t owe their fans anything. But the move was certainly insulting.
I agree with you on the childish insults. I’m working on getting him suspended and/or banned.
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 07:27 PM   #60
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by xZAOx View Post

But since you asked - Super7 makes a ton of unique molds across all its lines. Even when they share parts, they still get a lot of new parts. Hell even the 2 waves they've announced for the 7" TMNT line have a lot of unique molds and parts. I have the entire MOTU Club Greyskull line, and the upper legs / arms seem reused a lot, but the chests, hands, feet, heads, accessories and such are all super varied. Lots of large pieces that are one-use only.

Hasbro often makes Transformers that don't get repaints and reuse (but they also make plenty that do). The key here is that Hasbro costs things by the wave - so they can throw in one-use molds (or at least, molds with no immediate plans to reuse), with repaints, to balance it out.

Hasbro's Marvel Legends also have single-use molds, but again, they cost by the wave, so the wave as a whole will have a good bit of reused parts.

NECA just seems to run only on "what can we immediately repaint / reuse a bunch". They really struggle with variety - which is why for the, what, over 10 years they've had the line, up until recently we only ever got Turtles and that one April mold, then eventually Shredder and Foot Soldiers, and only now are we really seeing them finally expand the line.

Here's to hoping they do the same with their quarter scale, to at least hit the main characters from the first movie.
I think the reason i don't have a problem with NECA repainting things is because they are different enough. For example i didn't realize i've bought the same figures 3 times. SDCC arcade turtles, toon turtles and wave2 licensing bright green turtles. They all give off a different feel.

I only have a problem when playmates does it... like giving the turtles from wave 1 pupils and passing it off as new figures.
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote