The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 03-18-2016, 12:47 AM   #1
Commenter 42
Banned

Scale. Just Scale.

I'm trying to understand what y'all love an hate about "scale" in general. I'm looking for info on biggest pet peeves, and wish list stuff. As far as I understand it, there is the 3.5 inch scale, the 6 inch, the 1/6th, 1/4, 1/3rd, and "legendary."

But then you have Funko, or key chain sized stuff - blind box? (I don't understand gambling on a toy)

How do y'all feel about quality? what's good enough, and what are your grail items? what's the ultimate thing, if you could have it made, would you want?

I'm in the woods on this stuff, so, hit me with info, links, all that.

I'm asking for a friend - yeah.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 01:12 AM   #2
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Well I don't know exactly which scales are which. It be great if someone put up a pic with them in a row for comparison.

I don't really care as long as the figure is good quality (not too small, well painted, gets a couple good poses) and preferably screen-accurate. So the basic Nick line is out for me on all points.

I agree about the blind stuff. There's some I really want but the risk of duplicates really bothers me. The prices for unpacked ones are pretty expensive for the sizes imo.

I wouldn't say I have an "Ultimate" thing but I've always hoped they'll make a Hot Wheels OT Van. The traditional scale ones.
Old 03-18-2016, 01:52 AM   #3
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I primarily collect toys in 1/12th to 1/10th scale, meaning 6-7". I find them easier to handle then 1/6th figures (hot toys, large gi Joe, Barbie) and while I do have a couple of 1/4th scale BJDs I rarely do anything with them since they are so large. But toy companies are very inconsistent with scale, to the point where I've seen websites that have a Toy Scale guide sets Marvel Legends as 1/10th scale instead of 1/12th since a lot of the figures representing characters that are 6 feet or shorter are still over 6 inches.

I do have some GI Joe and Marvel Universe figures which is 1/18th scale (3.75") but the size don't interest me.

I like to mix up figures, DCU with Marvel Legends, MOTUC and NECA stuff, got some Revoltechs and Figmas, and as long as they don't look too ridiculous together I don't mind too much, although using NECA figures based off Heroes as civilians don't quite gel with Marvel Legends since NECA figures tend to be 7", and Captain America is supposed to be a big guy.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 02:17 AM   #4
Commenter 42
Banned

And your holy-grail figure? Do you have any pics of you're crown jewls/favorites, or even just side by sides of the best of the best?

I'm also curious - packaging? does t really matter? do people still buy one and store one?

All the answers to these questions are going to a good home.
Old 03-18-2016, 02:19 PM   #5
Commenter 42
Banned

Bump for Science.
Old 03-18-2016, 02:25 PM   #6
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I'm not home at the moment, so no pictures for now.

I don't really have a grail figure, but there's plenty of Marvel Legends I'm drooling over. Like the newer Daredevil from the Hobgoblin wave.
Old 03-31-2016, 11:02 AM   #7
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I'm a bit slow. but here's a comparison picture of a 1/4th scale doll with MOTUC He-Man, ML Hawkeye, Figma Solid Snake, ONE:12 Collective Batman, Revoltech Leo and Playmates Leo.

Tags
c42, movie, questions, scale, toys