The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Toys and Collectibles

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2013, 09:33 PM   #1
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,230
Any Star Wars collectors?

Does anyone here collect Star Wars figures? It's one of my favorite toy-lines, and I have 200+ figures.
So, does anyone else collect them?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:40 PM   #2
Half Sh3ll Hero
Foot Soldier
 
Half Sh3ll Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 152
Yeah bro! I have the 86' Kenner Obi Wan, Tatooine Short Robe Luke and Ceremonial Gear luke.

I also have a MIB Boba Fett error card from the Clone Wars run.
__________________
I mean, come on. How do you guys expect to beat me?

Half Sh3ll Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:42 PM   #3
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Sh3ll Hero View Post
Yeah bro! I have the 86' Kenner Obi Wan, Tatooine Short Robe Luke and Ceremonial Gear luke.

I also have a MIB Boba Fett error card from the Clone Wars run.
Nice! Anything else?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:57 AM   #4
Half Sh3ll Hero
Foot Soldier
 
Half Sh3ll Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeweed101 View Post
Nice! Anything else?
Uh yeah I'm also an avid stunt saber duelist.

I have a Master Replicas Darth Vader ESB lightsabers and a few custom sabers.
__________________
I mean, come on. How do you guys expect to beat me?

Half Sh3ll Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:45 PM   #5
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,230
^^^^
Cool!
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:26 PM   #6
Weirdo-Warrior
Foot Soldier
 
Weirdo-Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Turin, Italy
Posts: 195
I have the complete collection of vintage figures, including Blue Snaggletooth, plus all the creatures (Rancor, Taun-Taun, Patrol Dewback and Jabba), plus the Landspeeder in Italian box and a few other things. You can see them in my collection thread.
__________________
"I'm pure protein!"
Weirdo-Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:43 PM   #7
Shreddhead
Mad Scientist
 
Shreddhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,470
Dude, I am a HUUUUUGE Star Wars collector. I've got a 200+ collection too and it is probably my favorite toy line of all. TMNT is close, but I had waaaay more SW toys as a kid. Most of my figures are from the power of the force lines from the 90s but I also have a lot of vintage and episode I figures, some episode II figs, and 0 from Episode III. Plus TONS of vehicles, back in high school I had them hanging from the ceiling with fishing line to make them seem like they were flying around- it looked awesome! Maybe I can find a pic. If I had to pick my all time favorite figure and vehicle, they would probably be the 300th edition Boba Fett and the At-At walker. That was one of my favorite birthdays the year I got that walker...

Sorry about not having any pics, but my collection is currently stored in my parents' basement.
__________________

Shreddhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:47 PM   #8
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddhead View Post
Dude, I am a HUUUUUGE Star Wars collector. I've got a 200+ collection too and it is probably my favorite toy line of all. TMNT is close, but I had waaaay more SW toys as a kid. Most of my figures are from the power of the force lines from the 90s but I also have a lot of vintage and episode I figures, some episode II figs, and 0 from Episode III. Plus TONS of vehicles, back in high school I had them hanging from the ceiling with fishing line to make them seem like they were flying around- it looked awesome! Maybe I can find a pic. If I had to pick my all time favorite figure and vehicle, they would probably be the 300th edition Boba Fett and the At-At walker. That was one of my favorite birthdays the year I got that walker...

Sorry about not having any pics, but my collection is currently stored in my parents' basement.
Cool! I too, have tons of POTF, I also like the modern vintage line.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:51 PM   #9
Shreddhead
Mad Scientist
 
Shreddhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeweed101 View Post
Cool! I too, have tons of POTF, I also like the modern vintage line.
I dont have any of the modern vintage line. I've seen them and they look great, I just dont have the cash to spend on figures lately.

Can you narrow down any favorites?
__________________

Shreddhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:56 PM   #10
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddhead View Post
I dont have any of the modern vintage line. I've seen them and they look great, I just dont have the cash to spend on figures lately.

Can you narrow down any favorites?
Sure, wave 1 C3-P0, Clone Trooper Lieutenant, and Darth Malgus are my personal favorites.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:16 PM   #11
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
I have piles of Star Wars stuff in my basement. I got out around 2004-05, when I could no longer justify spending money on toys. I've probably got a few hundred figures sitting in boxes and tons of vehicles/playsets/collectible junk. My favourites were the CN Clone Wars figures they put out that seemed impossible to find. Mace Windu in particular was bad f*cking ass.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 05:24 PM   #12
LadyTMNT
Thug
 
LadyTMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Does anyone here collect Star Wars figures? It's one of my favorite toy-lines, and I have 200+ figures.
So, does anyone else collect them?
Yes I do...

I have:

Clone Wars - Obi Wan Kanobi ( signed by his voice actor )
Star Wars Ep. 1 - Darth Maul ( signed by Ray Park aka Darth Maul )
Star Wars - C-3PO ( signed by Anthony Daniels aka C-3PO )

Other SW collectibles:

Official Darth Vader replica Lightsaber ( signed by David Prowse aka Darth Vader )
__________________
LadyTMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 05:38 PM   #13
blindturtle02
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tx
Posts: 2,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTMNT View Post
Yes I do...

I have:

Clone Wars - Obi Wan Kanobi ( signed by his voice actor )
Star Wars Ep. 1 - Darth Maul ( signed by Ray Park aka Darth Maul )
Star Wars - C-3PO ( signed by Anthony Daniels aka C-3PO )

Other SW collectibles:

Official Darth Vader replica Lightsaber ( signed by David Prowse aka Darth Vader )
You're awesome! Maybe one of these days, I'll manage to get to one of those conventions so I can get something signed. I hear James Arnold Taylor, voice of Obi Wan, is a heck of a guy. Well, most of the folks who have worked on all the SW projects seem that way.
__________________
Please don't remove my nice hat and wack me in the butt with it.
blindturtle02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 06:21 PM   #14
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindturtle02 View Post
You're awesome! Maybe one of these days, I'll manage to get to one of those conventions so I can get something signed. I hear James Arnold Taylor, voice of Obi Wan, is a heck of a guy. Well, most of the folks who have worked on all the SW projects seem that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Guinness
A refurbished Star Wars is on somewhere or everywhere. I have no intention of revisiting any galaxy. I shrivel inside each time it is mentioned. Twenty years ago, when the film was first shown, it had a freshness, also a sense of moral good and fun. Then I began to be uneasy at the influence it might be having. The bad penny first dropped in San Francisco when a sweet-faced boy of twelve told me proudly that he had seen Star Wars over a hundred times. His elegant mother nodded with approval. Looking into the boy’s eyes I thought I detected little star-shells of madness beginning to form and I guessed that one day they would explode.

“I would love you to do something for me,” I said.

“Anything! Anything!” the boy said rapturously.

“You won’t like what I’m going to ask you to do,” I said.

“Anything, sir, anything!”

“Well,” I said, “do you think you could promise never to see Star Wars again?”

He burst into tears. His mother drew himself up to an immense height. “What a dreadful thing to say to a child!” she barked, and dragged the poor kid away. Maybe she was right but I just hope the lad, now in his thirties, is not living in a fantasy world of secondhand, childish banalities.
Uhhhhhhhhh
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 02:39 PM   #15
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NorCal
Posts: 5,314
amazon.com restocked the 6" vader wave (vader/chewie/rotj luke/black pauldron stormtrooper)

vader currently sold out but the others are in stock.

sadly they are charging their usual markup of $22.99 instead of 19.99 that they should be.

i already have a case of the yoda wave on pre-order.

Man... can not wait for some of the upcoming waves. More bounty hunters are coming! And those Hoth two packs.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 03:25 PM   #16
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
amazon.com restocked the 6" vader wave (vader/chewie/rotj luke/black pauldron stormtrooper)

vader currently sold out but the others are in stock.

sadly they are charging their usual markup of $22.99 instead of 19.99 that they should be.

i already have a case of the yoda wave on pre-order.

Man... can not wait for some of the upcoming waves. More bounty hunters are coming! And those Hoth two packs.
Picked up Chewie. Sadly, he went from 17 yesterday to the 22 markup.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 11:06 PM   #17
Super Goku
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 445
Yes, I collect Star Wars action figures. I have been collecting them since the 1990s. They are great. My favorites are the Vintage Original Trilogy type of action figures. New action figures with the vintage Kenner packaging cardbacks.
Super Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 01:51 PM   #18
blindturtle02
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tx
Posts: 2,610
I got a call from a cousin in TN who was in a Target and she snagged a missions two pack with Sabine and a stormtrooper for me. Now all I need is Hera and Chopper to complete the crew of the Ghost. These Rebels figs sure are difficult to find. You'd think with it being a huge year for Star Wars that shelves would be filling up. Now if only I could grab a three and three quarters Inquisitor by some miracle... I like the vehicles too but ain't holding my breath where the Rebels ships are concerned.
__________________
Please don't remove my nice hat and wack me in the butt with it.
blindturtle02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 04:42 AM   #19
Walkabout
Stone Warrior
 
Walkabout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 517
My Jabba's Palace Collection









__________________
"When did Mickey become Sherk?" -Ralph


R.I.P. Dave Brockie A.K.A. Oderus Urungus
None But The Brave
Walkabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 08:19 AM   #20
blindturtle02
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tx
Posts: 2,610
I'm thrilled to see Rebels and Black Series stuff on TX store shelves. Been looking for the Rebs Imperial Troop Transport, Inquisitor's Tie, Phantom, and AT-DP for months. I found them all a couple of weeks ago, not to mention Hera and Inquisitor. I'm hoping we'll get an Ezra with saber at some point, and an Inquisitor with double and single saber alts. I'm mostly saving for Ep VII stuff whenever it hits store shelves. Toysrus is doing the midnight madness thing some time before the movie is released and I'd love to go to that. I'm getting pretty excited.
__________________
Please don't remove my nice hat and wack me in the butt with it.
blindturtle02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.