The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > Announcement Forums > Questions/Comments/Suggestions

Notices

Old 10-10-2017, 08:13 AM   #1
Vegita-San
Emperor

getting rid of the tags?

At this point, all they are used for is to insult various members. or just being rude.

since it would be impossible to edit them all, maybe there is a way to disable that feature?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 08:43 AM   #2
sdp
-

How will I know who is a cuck if we disable them though?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 08:44 AM   #3
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
How will I know who is a cuck if we disable them though?
ok, that made me laugh.

at this point, everyone is going to get that honor sooner or later
Old 10-10-2017, 09:07 AM   #4
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

I'd rather we just get rid of the people responsible for the harassment instead.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 09:12 AM   #5
Sumac
Banned

I agree, that this feature should be removed or people purring such tags should be punished.

Seeing this things everywhere gives this forum a very immature feeling. I mean anyone will see it after reading some discussions here, but still.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 12:28 PM   #6
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
I'd rather we just get rid of the people responsible for the harassment instead.
I like this idea. Punishing the group rather than the individual just doesn't feel right. And the tags are clearly being used to harass.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 12:29 PM   #7
Vegita-San
Emperor

is there a way to find out who is doing it though?

I thought it was rather obvious who the culprit was at one point, but now i think it could be at least 3 different people
Old 10-10-2017, 12:33 PM   #8
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

The mods know, and they've issued warnings in the past.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 01:23 PM   #9
CyberCubed
Overlord

The Star Wars Episode 8 thread has like 10 ridiculous tags in it right now:

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...=54544&page=23

It's awful.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 01:43 PM   #10
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

I know the OP won't care because I'm on his ignore list, but I think the tag situation is good, but also bad.

On one hand, you got a bunch of tags to refer to when looking for specific threads. It makes the process a bit easier of finding older threads for a kick or two. Additionally, there are some genuinely funny ones too. However, I do know humor is extremely subjective; I may find some funny, but others will not.

As for the negatives, I think the introduction of "cuck" and any member wars have caused the tags to be overused. Seriously, I've seen so many tags relating to the former that it's boring. Also, this might be me, but some of the tags are just, well, cruel. Case in point was a thread about the late Chester Bennington, lead singer of Linkin Park, in which I saw a tag of "It should've been Cube." Tags like that are distasteful, hold no bearing on the topic (Cube wasn't in that thread to my knowledge), and just stupid.

I'm not saying to kill all the tags, but at the least, get rid of anything relating to cuck and the tags that go too far.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:43 PM   #11
Prowler
Emperor

How did tags become a thing for every thread anyway? I don't recall that always being the case. Tags were very rarely used before and they were never used as a way to mock other users. I think it was around 2013 or 2014 when someone made tags such as cybercubed thinks deep and cybercubed acts prejudiced... which at first were pretty funny, I gotta say. And then, for a while, there wer no new tags like that, and then, suddenly a lot of new tags for CyberCubed started popping up all over the place again. And also tags such as cuck and whatever else. It became ridiculous.

I dunno who makes them, but I recall Machias telling ToTheNines and Commander42 to stop doing tags in one thread.

Btw, I only see one tag in that Star Wars thread you've linked, Cubed. I guess the mods removed them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
I know the OP won't care because I'm on his ignore list, but I think the tag situation is good, but also bad.

On one hand, you got a bunch of tags to refer to when looking for specific threads. It makes the process a bit easier of finding older threads for a kick or two. Additionally, there are some genuinely funny ones too. However, I do know humor is extremely subjective; I may find some funny, but others will not.

As for the negatives, I think the introduction of "cuck" and any member wars have caused the tags to be overused. Seriously, I've seen so many tags relating to the former that it's boring. Also, this might be me, but some of the tags are just, well, cruel. Case in point was a thread about the late Chester Bennington, lead singer of Linkin Park, in which I saw a tag of "It should've been Cube." Tags like that are distasteful, hold no bearing on the topic (Cube wasn't in that thread to my knowledge), and just stupid.

I'm not saying to kill all the tags, but at the least, get rid of anything relating to cuck and the tags that go too far.
WOW someone actually wished death upon CyberCubed?! That's messed up, man.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 06:04 PM   #12
Vegita-San
Emperor

yep. That's what happens when you don't ignore someone. you become so focused on them that you turn to crazy, and in this case, down right violent.

it's really not healthy. and another reason why the tags should be permanently disabled, as well as getting rid of the folks responsible for the more violent ones.
Old 10-11-2017, 06:21 PM   #13
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
it's really not healthy.
You're not exactly the picture of mental health.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote