The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion > Collection Photos

Notices

Old 05-28-2014, 08:59 PM   #141
papa_smurf73
Stone Warrior

Dudes... Now I have to go get TMNT - the animated comics. It's all your fault, or at least thats what I will tell people. haha.. Grats on the new adds!
papa_smurf73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:40 PM   #142
zodiac brave
Stone Warrior

all i can say is WOW! that collection is beyond amazing. some true dedication went into it and it looks like the dedication paid off with getting to spend some real time with the eastmans (eastmen?). kudos!

zodiac brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 04:06 AM   #143
shpadoinkle98
Mouser

WOW! I am so jealous, suck an awesome collection!
shpadoinkle98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 04:35 AM   #144
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpadoinkle98 View Post
WOW! I am so jealous, suck an awesome collection!
I imagine he'd rather just look at one!

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 04:49 PM   #145
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Thanks Everyone for the kind words - Its been crazy these last couple weeks and will continue to be but expect an update within a few days!

Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39766
TheMasterTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 04:56 AM   #146
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Ok everyone! Here is the update I had mentioned in the above post. It's crazy crazy crazy around here!

Here we have the treasurey regular edition, all available 30th anniversary covers (except the regular which I'm picking up today), the blood orange jetpack variant, the very evasive B & R RI edition (why is this one so hard to find!), volume 4 issue 32 and the jetpack variants of issue 33 signed by Eastman, Lavigne, and Lawson.

Here are the limited FCBD prints from both Eastman @ jetpack as well as the shellback one. At my new house I'll be creating a "comic corner" so to speak which will have my huge custom built comic storage cabinet (pics yet to come) and anything comic related/inspired EXCEPT original art. As much as I appreciate the original art my budget and completist mindset cannot support it. These prints, the playmates statues and NECA figures will all display together very well.

A HUGE shout out to Gooseatello. Very similar to my experiences with Sofistocat in the last few months I can't praise Goose enough. He went to jetpack for his bachelor party and was kind enough to pick up the prints, books and autographs for me including one of the Limited PL signatures. We arranged a pick up near his home while I was on a road trip moving stuff to my new house. I look forward to going to some cons in the future!

Enjoy everyone and look for an update later today with some more books...

Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
Old 06-12-2014, 05:06 AM   #147
pennydreadful
trash

Gorgeous prints! I'll look forward to seeing the photos of your comic corner.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 05:07 AM   #148
Powder
So tired of this place

I'd love to know/see how you store all these comics!

Old 06-12-2014, 05:24 AM   #149
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
My volume 1-4 TMNT stuff is on Ikea shelves, along with my entire Usagi run. The new IDW stuff is in standard industry comic boxes currently as I need another shelving unit for all of that. And remember I have pretty much every printing of every issue released since #1 in 1984
Old 06-12-2014, 06:45 AM   #150
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Well just for giggles... This is in storage in my garage until I'm able to move it later this year.

The top and bottom will primarily be used for prints, cels, other flat collectibles as well as storage for my bags & boards. If it wasn't obvious, the middle 6 will be used to hold the collection. It will store approximately 175-200 books per drawer and has a 9inch width so the oversized TMNT books fit perfectly bagged and boarded.

Each drawer is lined in cedar to help with any unexpected moisture in addition to all my books being stores in Mylar bags. I'll be making some wooden dividers eventually to organize my books against the catalog I have in my collection archive/document. You don't know how satisfied I'll feel once I can finally put my books in here. They're currently being stored in boxes and it's such an eye sore when I walk into my current collection room. Until I have them in here, you won't see pics. All there is to show is stacks upon stacks of boxes.

Check out my collection!
Old 06-12-2014, 09:01 PM   #151
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

And here's the other update I promised. I stopped at my local shops today to pick up what they've held for me. I almost like the 30th second printing cover better then the A cover. I wish 34 didn't have so many variants after the 30th just had 13. Not only are there 6 but 2 of them are con exclusives and pricey!

I'm headed to myrtle beach tomorrow for my bachelor party for a week so I hope to hit some shops down there too!

Check out my collection!
Old 07-24-2014, 05:14 PM   #152
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Ladies, Gentlemen, & Mutants...

It's been a long time since my last update in this thread due to getting married, getting some things situated in my new house in Milwaukee, normal life obligations, etc. During that whole time I found moments where I was still able to collection and this update encompasses everything I gathered in the last month and a half.... Enjoy!

Spoiler:

Here we have a Nick iPod alarm clock which I've posted before but a nice new 80s TMNT Piggy Bank. For the last 15 years Ive had my change in a pop bottle and my wife found this at WalMart and said it was much more appealing..

Spoiler:

[/SPOILER]
I did a little house shopping yesterday and found Newt and Slash from the 2K12 line in decent packages. Also found some other new stuff but the packages were crushed. These have all been pretty east for me to find so I only got these for now.

Spoiler:

The very popular Ultimate Visual History... I didnt dive in after getting this from the wife as well but I read through in only two sittings. Great book

Spoiler:

A Number of books here... #1 Penny Press, #16 RI Variant, #34 1stprintcomics Variant, #35 + variants, Animated #12 + variants, Turtles in Time + variants, Micro Donatello B, SDCC Special Edition, & The HotTopic 30th Anniversary Variant which arrived in great condition despite what you might be hearing about other people's copies.

Spoiler:

The IDW LIMITED 30th Anniversary book with Sketch Card. I considered only getting the book because many are up online for cheaper than this bunch but I hoped for a sketch from the original crew. Although mine is from Emil Cabaltierra I'm still nothing but impressed with it, the detail, and his work overall so I'm glad to have it.

Spoiler:

For me at least, this is the most rewarding score. TMNT Volume 4, Issue 29. I've been hunting for a few years for this and although it pops up periodically I never wanted to pay the asking prices. After the last one I saw sold for $275 I splurged to complete my Volume 4 run before this thing became either impossible to find or insane in price. Very happy about this addition. I can take or leave the PL autograph since most the copies I see of this are signed I had hoped for a non but I'm just glad its now in my possession.

FINALLY, last but not least, I've been storing all these comics in random (well secured) boxes until I started the move to Wisconsin. Although I haven't brought my entire collection yet, far from actually, the one thing that did come with my was my comics and my custom built comic cabinet. This is not the final resting place for the cabinet BUT the comics are finally in their home.
Spoiler:

Check out my collection!
Old 07-24-2014, 06:06 PM   #153
Dawnatello Turtle Chick
Mad Scientist

NICE!! You've got some seriously insane additions (especially in the comic book department). You'll have to post pics once you get everything situated! Congrats on getting married and unpacking from the move (or at least mostly ).
Old 07-24-2014, 11:18 PM   #154
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

Congrats man, very cool items. I love that sketch card although I'm not familiar with the artist. I was debating ordering the sketch card but decided on only the book.
Also congrats on completing the volume 4 run! I love the feeling of completing a run.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 01:05 AM   #155
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Congrats on everything recently added

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 02:34 AM   #156
Powder
So tired of this place

Good stuff. That sketch card is pretty darn fly. & I dig the idea of sliding drawers to hold comics, though I'd find it irksome that they weren't out in plain sight. I love walking into my room & seeing big ass boxes of comics.

Old 07-25-2014, 03:43 AM   #157
Shogun26
Mad Scientist

Very cool adds indeed! Really love your setup for comics n prints. I also second goose being awesome. Congrats on the move, Milwaukee is an excellent town. When you get settled check out brick 3 pizza near the downtown area. Its very delicious.

Guys...I think Turtle Mania is back for good.
Shogun26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 06:52 AM   #158
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Thank you thank you for the replys... I had a minute this morning to bag some recent additions from my quick trip back to Ohio this last weekend.

We have Awesomecons 34 variant, 36 covers, yet another 30th variant, animated 13 + variants, and turtles in time

Check out my collection!
Old 08-11-2014, 09:40 PM   #159
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Very cool comics bro

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904