The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

View Poll Results: Where Do You Fall On The Kinsey Scale?
Exclusively heterosexual 18 52.94%
Predominantly heterosexual, only incidentally homosexual 9 26.47%
Predominantly heterosexual, but more than incidentally homosexual 0 0%
Equally heterosexual and homosexual 1 2.94%
Predominantly homosexual, but more than incidentally heterosexual 1 2.94%
Predominantly homosexual, only incidentally heterosexual 2 5.88%
Exclusively homosexual 0 0%
No socio-sexual contacts or reactions 3 8.82%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-14-2017, 12:36 AM   #81
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Got no issue with folks living an asexual and/or aromantic livestyle.
Consenting adults get to decide how they live.

I guess I just don't understand why the backhanded slutshaming.
Or ya know maybe religious reasons which we can't discuss cause of rules?
I don't think she meant it maliciously, but I guess she thinks I have no respect for myself cuz pre-marital sex devalues me as a person? I've met people like that. Which is fine, least I'm getting laid.
Also considering my earlier question I guess I'm a 1.
Old 06-14-2017, 10:18 PM   #82
Electric
Epic Hiatus

Predominately homosexual and happily dating.

Also while the issue is brought up, everyone's entitled to their own views.
Sex before marriage go against your beliefs/feel devaluing? Then wait, it's all good.
Don't mind casual sex for fun and pleasure? Enjoy, it's all good (just be safe).
Old 06-21-2017, 07:41 PM   #83
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

^^Pretty much on the same page with everything you said (sans the being homosexual thing, but good for you if you are)
Old 06-22-2017, 05:50 AM   #84
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
I never wanted kids either, but not have sex at all??!! Pfft. Not a chance. Not wanting kids isn't reason enough to deny oneself earthly pleasures. There ARE ways to prevent it, after all! (And I personally feel that virginity is vastly overrated. What's the point of keeping it anyway? Just some outdated notion of "goodness" and "purity" that serves no real purpose.) Trust me, ya don't know what you're missing!
Eh if Bubbly wants to remain a virgin then it's her choice. No idea if there's any religious motive behind her decision or not, however.

I'm not religious at all and the idea of having sex just for the heck of it doesn't thrill me either. Ofc I'm not saying I'd only have sex to conceive, but I'd never have casual sex. The idea of going to a bar or a club, meeting a woman, and being inside her 10 minutes later doesn't appeal me at all. I'd only have sex with a woman if she was my girlfriend and I saw some future with her. It's just my personality, nothing much. I'm not a person who opens up easily and won't just show my naked body parts and have sexy time with a woman I've only known for a week, no mater how good looking she is.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 08:28 AM   #85
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
No' I'm not advocating "casual" sex per se, but in my own faith sex is considered a sacred and spiritual experience that brings pleasure as well as for having kids. It is a rite of passage and a way of being more fully aware of and understanding and even loving ourselves and our own bodies. It's a natural and joyful act and is a meaningful experience in itself. (Understand this is coming from a faith that teaches that sex is GOOD as long as no one is being hurt by it. It is also sometimes used in ritual by some segments of the faith- but only with full consent and understanding by both.)To each their own of course but the idea of denying oneself that experience is just foreign to me. I DO believe in waiting to find a partner whom we love but to abstain for life? Doesn't make sense to me. If we care about a person enough to be with them romantically, or even if it's a FWB, then sex is just a natural and healthy part of a relationship. I'm just playing devils advocate here, not judging. A lot of people DO have religious reasons for abstaining but that is a choice that some may come to regret later in life if they realize they missed something wonderful in the interim.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 09:03 AM   #86
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

I'm just gonna put in my opinion here...

I've kinda got a weird view on sex. I would never have sex with anyone who I didn't love with every fiber of my being and even then I'd be hesitant. The prospect of stripping down and humping someone like some lowly dog disgusts me to no end, and kind of terrifies me. I wouldn't want to deny the love of my life that kind of pleasure and I definitely want to have kids some day, but the whole thing is kind of a turn off (haha). And the thought of getting that close to another human being weirds me out.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 03:39 PM   #87
Electric
Epic Hiatus

Careful with your words there. You're fully entitled to your feelings toward it and deserve someone who respects that.

But just because some of us have had sex before marriage does not equate it to lowly dogs humping. We're entitled to our feelings too.

Everyone just do and believe what you want (safely), but don't judge others
Old 06-27-2017, 10:21 PM   #88
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric View Post
Careful with your words there. You're fully entitled to your feelings toward it and deserve someone who respects that.

But just because some of us have had sex before marriage does not equate it to lowly dogs humping. We're entitled to our feelings too.

I wasn't judging anyone in that post.
I was merely sharing my feelings on it that were formed through...certain experiences.
Everyone's entitled to their own opinions and it's their own choices.
Old 06-28-2017, 11:00 AM   #89
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
I'm just gonna put in my opinion here...

I've kinda got a weird view on sex. I would never have sex with anyone who I didn't love with every fiber of my being and even then I'd be hesitant. The prospect of stripping down and humping someone like some lowly dog disgusts me to no end, and kind of terrifies me. I wouldn't want to deny the love of my life that kind of pleasure and I definitely want to have kids some day, but the whole thing is kind of a turn off (haha). And the thought of getting that close to another human being weirds me out.
Spoiler:

ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 12:09 PM   #90
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
I was merely sharing my feelings on it that were formed through...certain experiences.
Did you get humped by a dog?
Old 06-28-2017, 01:45 PM   #91
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric View Post
Belief systems in history that go outside of marital sex have traditionally been pretty judgemental of people outside of that ideal. Adultery was a crime in the past.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 02:51 PM   #92
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Belief systems in history that go outside of marital sex have traditionally been pretty judgemental of people outside of that ideal. Adultery was a crime in the past.
To say nothing of non-marital, non-hetero stuff...

I was raised as a fundamentalist Pentecostal and spent years feeling bad for just being (mostly) straight.

I can only imagine the negative psychological effect that hard-line religion/cultural conservatism has on gay/bi/trans people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 06:12 PM   #93
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Did you get humped by a dog?
Of course not you fool.

I've gone through some sh*t that changed my views on sex and that really messed me up. Part of the reason I think so little about myself is due to that.

It's stuff that I don't feel comfortable talking about with people I know in real life, much less on the internet with total strangers. So I'll just leave it at that.
Old 06-29-2017, 02:55 PM   #94
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I think I have an idea what kind of experiences, and fully understand how that could alter one's views on sex. I had a few bad experiences myself that have certainly influenced my views on the sexual preferences of certain types of people. Namely private family "issues" of the immoral/illegal variety.

However I should menrion that it is the mentality of people who engage in such things that I find inexcusable, and has little to do with my own self image since I decided a long time ago that there was nothing wrong with ME, but with THEM. So I just treat the entire issue as THEIR issue. Because in the end we must learn to be comfortable in our own skin and love who we are. Anyone who tries to manipulate that for their own ends is the one with the problem.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 12:49 PM   #95
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
No' I'm not advocating "casual" sex per se, but in my own faith sex is considered a sacred and spiritual experience that brings pleasure as well as for having kids. It is a rite of passage and a way of being more fully aware of and understanding and even loving ourselves and our own bodies. It's a natural and joyful act and is a meaningful experience in itself. (Understand this is coming from a faith that teaches that sex is GOOD as long as no one is being hurt by it. It is also sometimes used in ritual by some segments of the faith- but only with full consent and understanding by both.)To each their own of course but the idea of denying oneself that experience is just foreign to me. I DO believe in waiting to find a partner whom we love but to abstain for life? Doesn't make sense to me. If we care about a person enough to be with them romantically, or even if it's a FWB, then sex is just a natural and healthy part of a relationship. I'm just playing devils advocate here, not judging. A lot of people DO have religious reasons for abstaining but that is a choice that some may come to regret later in life if they realize they missed something wonderful in the interim.
I have similar views in that respect. I also find the more you care and love someone the better and more meaningful the sex is. Sometimes sex can just be sex. And that's ok, but not for everyone. One night stands can be just that, one night. But in my experience, the emotional connection always makes it better, and not just the sex, but the relationship as a whole
Old 07-07-2017, 01:08 AM   #96
triplexxx
Mad Scientist

Only qualms with sex: when it's the "unprotected" kind, & poses the risk of STDs & unwanted pregnancy, which can occur married or unmarried. Only advice: make sure each other is healthy beforehand, and unless children are wanted, NEVER unprotected. As far as anything else goes, hetero, homo, threesomes, foursomes, etc... could care less.
triplexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 03:22 PM   #97
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I haven't had any socio-sexual contacts or reactions.

I have never been interested, or even wanted, sex. Sex just doesn't appeal to me.

You could say that I am "nonsexual".
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 03:31 PM   #98
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post

You could say that I am "nonsexual".
Or, you know, asexual. Which would be more appropriate for what you're describing.
Old 07-19-2017, 03:35 PM   #99
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Okay, since everyone wants to know my views on this, I'll tell you. I don't care what any of the rest of you do with your lives. If you have people you love and you want to have sex or whatever, go for it. I was just saying that for myself, I don't want to just live with someone and have sex and that's it with my life. I just feel that if you want a relationship and want to have sex, there has to be some meaning behind it. I am against people who have sex with multiple people, but if it's two consenting adults who want to do that and who are in a meaningful relationship, then that's fine. I would just rather abstain from it forever because it's not something I want and if I'm not married and don't want to get married, then I feel that I really shouldn't have sex. I'm not religious but I was raised Catholic and was raised to believe that sex outside of marriage is wrong and I do believe that it is wrong if someone is not in a meaningful relationship and is just doing it for the sake of doing it and getting pleasure out of it. That's not what I want out of life and I just feel that a lot of people just want it for the sake of it and don't want anything else. I even felt that way about my ex because he constantly talked about it and it really bothered me that that's all he could think about without really thinking about how it bothered me that he talked that way.

So, that's why I'm glad to be done with him and to be single. I'm not going to waste my time with any of it and feel that it's better to be safe than sorry and do something I would regret later on in life. That's my two cents on it. I know I said things before that were taken out of context but I was having a bad day and wasn't really thinking about what I was saying. You can disagree with me all you want and if you want to judge me for it, I don't care. My views are my views.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 04:01 PM   #100
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Okay, since everyone wants to know my views on this, I'll tell you. I don't care what any of the rest of you do with your lives. If you have people you love and you want to have sex or whatever, go for it. I was just saying that for myself, I don't want to just live with someone and have sex and that's it with my life. I just feel that if you want a relationship and want to have sex, there has to be some meaning behind it. I am against people who have sex with multiple people, but if it's two consenting adults who want to do that and who are in a meaningful relationship, then that's fine. I would just rather abstain from it forever because it's not something I want and if I'm not married and don't want to get married, then I feel that I really shouldn't have sex. I'm not religious but I was raised Catholic and was raised to believe that sex outside of marriage is wrong and I do believe that it is wrong if someone is not in a meaningful relationship and is just doing it for the sake of doing it and getting pleasure out of it. That's not what I want out of life and I just feel that a lot of people just want it for the sake of it and don't want anything else. I even felt that way about my ex because he constantly talked about it and it really bothered me that that's all he could think about without really thinking about how it bothered me that he talked that way.

So, that's why I'm glad to be done with him and to be single. I'm not going to waste my time with any of it and feel that it's better to be safe than sorry and do something I would regret later on in life. That's my two cents on it. I know I said things before that were taken out of context but I was having a bad day and wasn't really thinking about what I was saying. You can disagree with me all you want and if you want to judge me for it, I don't care. My views are my views.
Others will probably disagree with you and might tell you how wrong they think you are, but I respect your post/views immensely and for you standing up for what you believe in.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gay