The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion > Custom Toys/Collectibles

Notices

Old 05-11-2017, 07:57 PM   #1
LuckyLadybug
Thug

How would one custom-make a Mega Bloks Z with body?

So for a long time I've been wondering what I might be able to do to make a Mega Bloks figure of Baxter's alien computer friend Z, as depicted more or less in Son of Return of the Fly II when he had an energy-generated body. I have a Mega Bloks computer, but am puzzling over how to go about making the body. One thought would be taking a Foot Soldier and painting it blue and then trying to attach the computer, but I don't even know how I would do the attaching satisfactorily. My experiences with glue, even glue that's supposed to work on plastic, have been sub-par and things just tend to break. I'd want it strong enough that I could make photoshoots and, well, even play gently with the figure without things breaking.

Also wondered how hard it would be to mold a semi-transparent body from scratch, but that is likely not an option for me. And I don't imagine Mega Bloks has ever released any figure from any line that's already transparent blue....
Old 05-11-2017, 08:42 PM   #2
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLadybug View Post
So for a long time I've been wondering what I might be able to do to make a Mega Bloks figure of Baxter's alien computer friend Z, as depicted more or less in Son of Return of the Fly II when he had an energy-generated body. I have a Mega Bloks computer, but am puzzling over how to go about making the body. One thought would be taking a Foot Soldier and painting it blue and then trying to attach the computer, but I don't even know how I would do the attaching satisfactorily. My experiences with glue, even glue that's supposed to work on plastic, have been sub-par and things just tend to break. I'd want it strong enough that I could make photoshoots and, well, even play gently with the figure without things breaking.

Also wondered how hard it would be to mold a semi-transparent body from scratch, but that is likely not an option for me. And I don't imagine Mega Bloks has ever released any figure from any line that's already transparent blue....
I was thinking the exact same thing about the mold and making a transparent cast. I've see people use a hot glue gun for cast before so it shouldn't be to difficult a process. How different are mega bloks from lego figures? Are they about the same size? There's also a marvel Iceman mega bloks figure that might work.
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:36 PM   #3
LuckyLadybug
Thug

Intriguing thought on using a glue gun to help.

Mega Bloks are probably smaller than Lego figures, but I definitely like them better since they're mini action figures instead of clunky blocks.

Oh, interesting! It looks like it's clear instead of blue-tinted, but that would be a minor quibble, since some of their colors aren't quite accurate anyway (Baxter's vest is brown instead of black, shoes are black instead of light gray, etc.). Definitely promising.

Thanks for your thoughts!
Old 05-11-2017, 09:43 PM   #4
Powder
So tired of this place

Here's one clear blue Megabloks figure-

HALO Mega Bloks Series 6 Blue Active Camo Covenant Elite Mystery Figure

There's also a clear blue version of this Kraang which comes in one of their playsets, but I don't know which & couldn't find a picture-

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:01 PM   #5
LuckyLadybug
Thug

That transparent blue is awesome! I'll have to compare the figures and decide which one would work better judging by what they're wearing. Thank you!
Old 05-11-2017, 10:04 PM   #6
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Here's one clear blue Megabloks figure-

HALO Mega Bloks Series 6 Blue Active Camo Covenant Elite Mystery Figure
https://www.picclickimg.com/d/l400/p...ctive-Camo.jpg

There's also a clear blue version of this Kraang which comes in one of their playsets, but I don't know which & couldn't find a picture-

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTI1WDU4MQ..._id=880000500F
The blue Kraang is from the turtle mech set, if I'm not mistaken.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 09:55 PM   #7
LuckyLadybug
Thug

Neat! If it wasn't for the chest/stomach cavity problem, the blue Kraang would probably be perfect. Is that figure bigger than a standard Mega Bloks figure, though? It looks like it couldn't be as small as the standard ones.