Notices

View Poll Results: Did you like Carter?
Yes 12 52.17%
No 11 47.83%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-22-2017, 10:07 AM   #41
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

I liked him alright. But as a kid I was convinced he would mutate into Ace duck because of his outfit, and as a kid I really liked my Ace duck figure and wanted him to be incorporated into the cartoon (not as a background throwaway gag). After he became a mutant mohawk samurai thing i liked him bit less, but whatever.
Old 05-22-2017, 05:01 PM   #42
Danetello
Stone Warrior

I think my opinion echoes just about everyone here: I didn't care for him either way. He was just there. Although, I didn't like his mutation thing much at all.

Danetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 02:43 AM   #43
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Ace Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuriken View Post
I liked him alright. But as a kid I was convinced he would mutate into Ace duck because of his outfit, and as a kid I really liked my Ace duck figure and wanted him to be incorporated into the cartoon (not as a background throwaway gag). After he became a mutant mohawk samurai thing i liked him bit less, but whatever.
But, as you said, Ace Duck had already appeared at that point.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 01:18 AM   #44
Prowler
Emperor

I didn't mind him at all. He was a bit annoying at first and I didn't like how shoehorned he was into the group out of nowhere but he turned out to be a good ally for the turtles.

"The Unknown Ninja" was a disappointign episode, nevertheless. That episode title seemed to promise something really good and turns out it's just a guy who happened to read about the foot clan and Hamato Yoshi... makes me wonder how it took so long and late in the series for him to know about him. I mean, the foot clan seemed to be nothing but Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady and plastic robots after Splinter left Japan and Shredder moved to USA where he met Krang. So how did he manage to get his hands on Hamato Yoshi's teachings? Did Splinter write a book about them when he was human and it got translated into English and other languages?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 10:36 AM   #45
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Carter was one of those ideas that could've worked the way it started, but veered waaaay off course. A martial arts student who wants to learn from master Yoshi? Great! explore that, have the turtles take turns giving hi lessons in martial arts, have the audience learn life lessons with him. The point he failed was when he became a mutant chicken- yech!
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 10:49 AM   #46
snake
Disgusting

There's a great picture out there that breaks down the different elements of Carter's mutation, ranging from a chicken to C-3PO.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 12:50 PM   #47
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

I've seen it, I think it shows just how hilariously BAD Carter's mutation concept actually was!

I honestly think Carter was meant to be a stand-in for Keno from the films.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 02:27 PM   #48
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Here you go. I saw this years ago on the website. It just proves the suits at CBS did not know what they wanted and gave little room for David Wise to work with. Should have stuck with season 8's direction. Carter being a successful addition was doomed form the start.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:42 AM   #49
CyberCubed
Overlord

It seemed to me like Carter was an attempt to bring over the X-men crowd. The X-men: TAS had been airing at the same time as Seasons 9-10 of the original cartoon.

Carter felt like he belonged in X-men more than TMNT, like they were bringing over a "hip" character from another show. The fact that he was also a minority added to this.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 12:57 PM   #50
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It seemed to me like Carter was an attempt to bring over the X-men crowd. The X-men: TAS had been airing at the same time as Seasons 9-10 of the original cartoon.

Carter felt like he belonged in X-men more than TMNT, like they were bringing over a "hip" character from another show. The fact that he was also a minority added to this.
Which of them?
Old 06-19-2017, 03:27 PM   #51
CyberCubed
Overlord

Also does anyone realize Carter has the same hair style as Static Shock? Considering they're both from the 90's I guess that style was common back then.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 04:31 PM   #52
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Also does anyone realize Carter has the same hair style as Static Shock? Considering they're both from the 90's I guess that style was common back then.
Hmmm.. minor similarities in hairstyle? Yes. The same hair style? No.
Spoiler:

As for how I feel about Carter, I felt that he was 'just there.' Sure he helped the Turtles out on quite a few occasions, but I didn't pick up much on his personality to really understand his character.

The only times that I actually liked Carter was when he took on Lord Dregg.

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 06:26 PM   #53
Prowler
Emperor

You know what made no sense? On the same season the writers pulling the "Carter is a traitor/Carter is working for Dregg!" card. First you have an episode where Carter pretends to join Dregg, and then you have an episode where Landor and Merrick warn the Turtles that Carter has been working with Dregg all along, which obviously he wasn't and the Carter from the future was a cyborg... but how did they even expect us to fall for that one when it's obvious Dregg didn't know who Carter was before landing on Earth? That and having had an episode already where Carter pretended to help Dregg.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 08:25 PM   #54
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFell View Post
Hmmm.. minor similarities in hairstyle? Yes. The same hair style? No.

As for how I feel about Carter, I felt that he was 'just there.' Sure he helped the Turtles out on quite a few occasions, but I didn't pick up much on his personality to really understand his character.

The only times that I actually liked Carter was when he took on Lord Dregg.
Actually aside from differences in animation style, it really DOES look like a very similar hair style. Not identical but pretty close.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 03:04 AM   #55
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
You know what made no sense? On the same season the writers pulling the "Carter is a traitor/Carter is working for Dregg!" card. First you have an episode where Carter pretends to join Dregg, and then you have an episode where Landor and Merrick warn the Turtles that Carter has been working with Dregg all along, which obviously he wasn't and the Carter from the future was a cyborg... but how did they even expect us to fall for that one when it's obvious Dregg didn't know who Carter was before landing on Earth? That and having had an episode already where Carter pretended to help Dregg.
They came from an alternate 2015, where Dregg won, travelling back in time to 1995.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:38 AM   #56
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
http://www.thatchickensite.com/lette...mcequation.jpg

Here you go. I saw this years ago on the website. It just proves the suits at CBS did not know what they wanted and gave little room for David Wise to work with. Should have stuck with season 8's direction. Carter being a successful addition was doomed form the start.
What is it? It doesn't load for me.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 11:15 AM   #57
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
What is it? It doesn't load for me.
Not for me either.
Old 06-22-2017, 08:48 AM   #58
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
It was only one writer per season under network orders. Which season are you referring to?
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 09:04 AM   #59
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I bet it is season 9, which it was prevalent in. In season 10 Carter failed to cure his mutation and helped with Shredder and Krang then left with three episodes to go. His personality was still all over the place but he was used plot counter to Leonardo's failure to be cured and then played back up when Dregg drainned the TMNT of their lifeforces.
Old 06-30-2017, 02:29 PM   #60
Lisardo
Stone Warrior

He was OK at best. His mutation was kind of weird and sporadic, tho helpful at times. He seemed determined to help fight along with the TMNT but at the same time, his personality seemed dull and forgettable.

Lisardo is offline   Reply With Quote