Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 12-12-2019, 04:15 PM   #3101
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZarkovski View Post
Hello, Bobby!

Thank you so much for the 100th issue! Great work! Grand finale!

You probably won’t be able to answer this question, but I’ll try to ask ... Bishop is 100% dead? I mean, some dead characters are now alive and we did not see his body. And my second question is - will we find out what will happen next with the EPF? I think that many EPF employees will want to continue the Bishop business, especially now that there are many new mutants in New York. But Ravenwood could take his place and she could end the war between mutants and the EPF.
Can't answer questions about the future, sorry!
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 04:32 PM   #3102
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZarkovski View Post
You probably won’t be able to answer this question, but I’ll try to ask ... Bishop is 100% dead? I mean, some dead characters are now alive and we did not see his body. And my second question is - will we find out what will happen next with the EPF? I think that many EPF employees will want to continue the Bishop business, especially now that there are many new mutants in New York. But Ravenwood could take his place and she could end the war between mutants and the EPF.
Just speculating here, but at this point I think we can safely say Bishop will be back. One way or another. Personally, I really doubt the clone thing was established just so we could briefly have two discount Slashes and give Bishop a karmic death. There are a thousand other ways he could've been disposed of. No, the clones were almost assuredly introduced for another reason. But yeah, give us friendly-ish EPF headed by Agent Ravenwood for a while.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 06:50 PM   #3103
IMJ
Emperor

Hi TMNT Editorial Staff,

Are there any plans for IDW to publish a two volume Archie Adventures Omnibus hardcover? What can we as fans do to help this happen?

Thank you!
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 07:47 AM   #3104
martinitolove
Foot Soldier

Hi Bobby!

Fantastic issue - you take the pieces on and off the gaiming board as you wish in a very elegant way!

Pleas tell us - is Slash now alive (sort of), or did the second clone passed away as the first one did?

Thank you!
martinitolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 08:17 AM   #3105
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Hi TMNT Editorial Staff,

Are there any plans for IDW to publish a two volume Archie Adventures Omnibus hardcover? What can we as fans do to help this happen?

Thank you!
Pretty sure this isn't Bobby's department, but....would buy.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 10:06 AM   #3106
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Hi TMNT Editorial Staff,

Thank you!
No plans to my knowledge. We never saw great demand for the Archie reprints we did do, so I don't know that there's going to be much incentive on that front, but I could be wrong. I'm not in the loop that well on the various TMNT reprint programs.
Old 12-13-2019, 10:07 AM   #3107
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinitolove View Post
Hi Bobby!

Fantastic issue - you take the pieces on and off the gaiming board as you wish in a very elegant way!

Pleas tell us - is Slash now alive (sort of), or did the second clone passed away as the first one did?

Thank you!
Unclear at this time!
Old 12-13-2019, 10:58 AM   #3108
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
-!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWaltz View Post
-
Hey guys, these look interesting. Will they be for sale through IDW soon?

TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 11:03 AM   #3109
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

No clue what that is, but looks like a piece for one of our TMNT board games if I were to guess!
Old 12-13-2019, 11:30 AM   #3110
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
No clue what that is, but looks like a piece for one of our TMNT board games if I were to guess!
No, the board game pieces were not that intricate.

They're selling for 40$ on facebook, so cool! Sold out super fast.

It's nice you let people sell art based on your books. Spread the love and money around!
Old 12-13-2019, 02:08 PM   #3111
AquaParade
Banned

Need IDW figures. Need.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 03:21 PM   #3112
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Need IDW figures. Need.
Looks like they're for sale, just not through IDW! A shame really.
Old 12-13-2019, 03:39 PM   #3113
CyberCubed
Overlord

Those above are fan-made, then? It would be nice if we got official high quality figures.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 06:15 PM   #3114
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Those above are fan-made, then? It would be nice if we got official high quality figures.
Yeah, they're fan-made; guy has also done IDW style Bebop, Rocksteady, Bludgeon and Leatherhead as well as the bay-turtles.
If these were licensed I would look to get them myself, but I'm not about contribute to someone profiting off of an IP they don't own.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 10:37 PM   #3115
TommyT
Banned

It’s odd that IDW and Viacom would igore an opportunity like this.

What’s funny is, instead of busting this guy, they’ll either do nothing, or offer him a deal. He breaks the law, get’s paid.

Guess the moral of the story here, if you want to get to work on turtles, appropriate the IP, and start making dollar bills. It’s the new licensing agreement.

Meanwhile, stocks are now 1/3rd their value of 6 months ago.
Old 12-14-2019, 09:24 AM   #3116
CyberCubed
Overlord

I know they would definitely want some high quality figures based on the IDW comics, but it comes down to licensing agreements. Given IDW TMNT is now almost a decade old, it is kinda strange we haven't seen anything outside the board games yet. People have wanted an Old Hob figure for a long time.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 11:41 AM   #3117
TommyT
Banned

We should ask that guy to make an old Hob. It would look great.
Make a Jennika figure too.

The company could be called “Toy’s from the Drome”.
Cybercubed and I will be rich.
Old 12-14-2019, 12:02 PM   #3118
80gmrp
Foot Soldier

...I've been trying to hold my tongue ever since the issue came out, but thanks to learning I'm not the only one concerned and disappointed, to say the least, about it, I can't hold it in any longer...

While I'll spare another question about the future for now, I will ask this: now that we know that Krang's insult to Leatherhead about being a slave back in #85 was a foreshadow, what made you decide to go this route with Leatherhead?
Old 12-14-2019, 12:48 PM   #3119
ChosenOne
Banned

Going off the previous question, is Leatherhead merely being mind-controlled by parasitic Krang or is he actually dead in that final panel of the epilogue?
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 01:49 PM   #3120
Chris
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Yeah, definitely! This is a big (good!) question and i'm in the middle of the work day so can't spend too long at the moment thinking about specific instances, but I can speak to it now generally.

In short, at any given time in the series is about 50% planned from a few years back and 50% incorporating new ideas as things develop organically. That is to say, we have always had next couple of year's worth of story's big beats planned out, but sometimes what folks are doing in side series changes things a bit, or we just get a new idea, or see a certain character is working, and adjust things as we go. I'd say all of the major big beats are more or less the same as we intended.
Thanks Bobby!
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz