The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-27-2019, 06:00 AM   #101
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
So does this mean we can finally get the first good Spider-Man cartoon since 2009?
It's an odd thing...recently it came to light Sony retains the rights to develop long-form animation. They can't do half hours, but they can do feature-length (as evident by Spider-Verse) or they can do forty to fifty minute things. I think if they ever got a streaming service of their own up and running, we'd get some shows with that format.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 02:19 PM   #102
ZariusTwo
Overlord

A short third season, Maximum Venom, consisting of six one hour episodes, will premiere on April 19th at 9 PM ET/PT On Disney XD...and the big news? Mary Jane will finally appear, she'll be voiced by Felicia Day (The Guild), also appearing are Riri Williams (voiced by Sofia Wylie) and symbiote sisters Scream, Scorn and Mania (played by Meg Donnelly, Kylee Russell and Carla Jeffery).

https://www.cnet.com/news/marvels-sp...y-jane-watson/
Old 03-12-2020, 04:45 PM   #103
CyberCubed
Overlord

I completely forgot this show existed. I think I only ever watched the first episode.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 04:03 AM   #104
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Interview with Peter Parker voice actor Robbie Daymond

Quote:
Literary Joe: Is it confirmed for a season four, or do you know anything about the future of the series?

Robbie Daymond: They don't tell me anything. I'll say this. They buttoned it up pretty well. It feels like it could be it, but I can neither confirm nor deny. I have no idea. If it ended here, I'd be happy with that run. It was a fun three-year run, but if there's more to come, we'll do it.

Marvel animation is in a weird place. They've somewhat moved away from doing series, and now they're doing these mini-run movies. It's more like the modern anime model where you take three or four, put them together, and call it a movie and then release them all at once. And I think that's just due to the nature of how people are consuming media now.

Kids don't want appointment viewings. They want it all right now, binge-able.That's happening a lot in cartoons. They'll put out ten episodes, a dozen episodes, and within a week, it's it streaming somewhere. That's the way things are going. If anything happens, that's what I would imagine it would go.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/spide...9035#gs.i62hw2
Old 10-26-2020, 03:08 PM   #105
ZariusTwo
Overlord

So the finale's now aired...

Miles is now staying with May and Peter...does this mean Rio is dead in this universe?

Gwen's endgame is Grady. Doc Ock's clone. Miles and Anya are paired together for the dance.

Mary Jane has the classic knockout pose from the comics when Peter picks her up for the date, but doesn't say "face it tiger, you just hit the jackpot"

Aunt May only gets mentioned by name and is absent from the finale.

Max Modell is Venom's host for the episode. That's a great pun for the series title "MAXimum Venom", he pretty rids us of the Symbiote Sisters in quick fashion and sets his own plans in motion.

MJ never discovers Peter's secret...not that she needs to since she's used to so much craziness on her dates.

Peter teams with Max to confront the symbiote in a dreamscape, but at the end of it all, Horizon is destroyed, ironically by Max's own hand. Peter has to go back to Midtown, but that's fine by him as Mary Jane attends Midtown also, and she makes it pretty clear she's now his girlfriend with a kiss, which Peter returns in their final scene together, telling her they have their whole future to look forward to. MJ blushes and wraps herself in his arms. A perfect and all too rare happy ending for Spider-Man on tv!

The show still has many open-ended plotlines (Conner is still The Lizard and Jefferson is still Swarm), so a continuation one day is always possible, but for now the Horizon stuff is resolved, Venom is defeated, and Peter and MJ are a couple, so it's in a good place

And they set up W.E.B.B at the end with Tony

Tags
peter cucker, spider-cuck