The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 03-16-2017, 03:55 PM   #21
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Actual death scene for Timothy/Mutagen Man.

But him being forgotten by the story plot and everyone else are fitting enough for an annoying looser like him.
But he really wasn't forgotten about. Donnie said that it'd take about 70 years for him to thaw.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 04:39 PM   #22
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
I always felt that Spike should've become the new "Tokka" instead of Slash and ultimately teamed up with Bradford/Rahzar.
They could still do it with Chompy.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 04:58 PM   #23
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist

Have an actual 'Dark Raph' arc/storyline that lasted a few episodes.

Explain how Raph got his wound/crack in his shell.

Having a Mikey & Raph episode. In other words, an episode focusing specifically with Mikey & Raph dealing with each other, teaming up and 'saving the day, saving the rest of the family, or whatever the story would entail.'
Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 05:00 PM   #24
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboraph4life aka Matt View Post
Have an actual 'Dark Raph' arc/storyline that lasted a few episodes.
This was generally people wrongly hyping themselves up without context because of IDW's plot. The writers never planned a Dark Raph story, people only have themselves to blame.

Quote:
This is about as riveting as explaining why Don has a gap in his teeth. It's just a design.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 05:02 PM   #25
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:

It looks like that's going to happen in the Turtle Babies episode.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 05:09 PM   #26
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
This was generally people wrongly hyping themselves up without context because of IDW's plot. The writers never planned a Dark Raph story, people only have themselves to blame.

This is about as riveting as explaining why Don has a gap in his teeth. It's just a design.
Yeah...that's why I said it was a MISSED Opportunity. They make Raph evil for 5 seconds. They COULD have done something and made a Dark Raph storyline and extended that. THUS Missed Opportunity aka the point of the entire thread.

'as riveting as explaining why Don has a gap in his teeth'...depends on how you write it. Mikey dealing with Christmas presents isn't riveting either...but I like The Christmas Aliens story because of how it dealt with it.

Maybe it wouldn't be riveting, maybe it would. But you (nor I) have Zero Idea on whether it would be 'riveting' or not unless it was done. Maybe he got it saving his baby brother? Maybe he got it saving some poor kid? Maybe he got it and it was part of the reason that made him so angry growing up?

In the hands of a good writer? Anything can be riveting.
Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 05:30 PM   #27
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Primer View Post
Didn't they do that in "Clash of the Mutanimals"? Didn't Raph get Shredder's claws and fight the other turtles?
That's what RamboRaph means.

I'll admit I don't hate Clash of the Mutanimals as much as I used to. It's still one of my least favorites of the third season however. Despite really good action and an out of nowhere slap fight, the rest of the episode is rather underwhelming.

The issue for most Raphael fans is how he's presented in the series. Even though Raph's character is primarily "The angry guy with a soft spot you gotta earn," it seems this Raph cannot break too many molds. He's had three decent episodes overall in the series if I recall (Tokka vs the World, Slash and Destroy, and Turtle Temper to a small extent). However, he also has some of the worst episodes of the series (specifically the Mona episodes).

I mentioned this in the past, I don't understand why they cannot do away with not having a Turtle for an episode. They did it in 2k3 with Ultimate Drako if I remember correctly (I may be wrong). It's a bit tiresome.
Old 03-16-2017, 06:41 PM   #28
Meliwen
Foot Soldier

Dark Raph was really only disappointing to me, not because it wasn't a full fledged arc, but because Raph was basically the B plot in a Leo episode. I think it could have been pretty neat to focus that episode more on Raph instead.

Overall though, the biggest thing I wish this series had done differently is actually the same issue I had with 2k3. Too much focus on one turtle, and not enough of the others. It feels pretty one sided at times and I think it's a missed opportunity to either not explore the other turtles as much as the show tried to do with Leo, or at least spread the focus to all four equally.
Meliwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 07:24 PM   #29
Tarris Vaal
Stone Warrior

I agree that Dark Raph was a missed opportunity for a good arc in its own right (especially given that the Mind Worm arc didnt really go anywhere - A dark raph side arc would have given it much more purpose)

And yes - Cyber is right to say a lot of it was my own fault for hyping up my own expectations. Though to be fair, that doesn't stop it being a sadly missed opportunity.

Season 5 may yet cover it, but something more about Timothy would have been good (relating to his disappearance and how his family and the police reacted)

Fishface and Rahzar both suffered a bit, losing out to Bebop and Rocksteady. I appreciate B/R had to be included, but it was a shame they did so at the expense of FF/Rz - especially as Zeck and Steranko were interesting characters in their own right.

Dregg felt rather tacked on and unneeded - leading to similar problems with Armaggon. They were unnecessary given Mozar fulfilled the same role, and its a shame they weren't given something more interesting to do or a greater role to play in the final stages of the space arc.

Though we've still got Season 5 to come, Shinigami, Alopex and Renet all had little chance to shine. Hopefully that will be improved come season 5 (certainly Renet will), but if the show had ended there and then, it would have been sad to see them lose the limelight so much.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...the-sedisverse
Tarris Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 07:29 PM   #30
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Has Ciro or anyone anywhere even said that things will ramp down to a proper, satisfying finale? Or is everyone just assuming that?

I think there's a good chance season 5 will just end like any other episode.

Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 07:40 PM   #31
ToTheNines
[sic]

We're kinda just assuming. And considering the anthology style season we're getting, you might be right Andrew.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:38 PM   #32
CyberCubed
Overlord

Every season finale of Seasons 1-4 ended on a big episode, so I don't see why Season 5 wouldn't have a big final episode when all the others did. Besides Ciro probably assumed this would be the final season, so it's not like this took him by surprise.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 09:44 PM   #33
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
That's what RamboRaph means.

The issue for most Raphael fans is how he's presented in the series. Even though Raph's character is primarily "The angry guy with a soft spot you gotta earn," it seems this Raph cannot break too many molds. He's had three decent episodes overall in the series if I recall (Tokka vs the World, Slash and Destroy, and Turtle Temper to a small extent). However, he also has some of the worst episodes of the series (specifically the Mona episodes).

I mentioned this in the past, I don't understand why they cannot do away with not having a Turtle for an episode. They did it in 2k3 with Ultimate Drako if I remember correctly (I may be wrong). It's a bit tiresome.
Hes still doing better than Mikey, seriously at this point April is a more of a main character than Mikey hell her hair is basically orange.
Old 03-17-2017, 02:54 AM   #34
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Has Ciro or anyone anywhere even said that things will ramp down to a proper, satisfying finale? Or is everyone just assuming that?

I think there's a good chance season 5 will just end like any other episode.

You mean like this? (I can't believe I chose to draw this).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mikey, s'all dudes.jpg (16.7 KB, 16 views)
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:23 AM   #35
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
They could still do it with Chompy.
I feel like that'd be redundant though. We already have a Tokka now (Chompy's mom) plus it was brought up in that last episode how Chompy will eventually grow larger anyway, even without being mutated. It would be funny to see a flash forward to him being like the size of a horse. I could just picture Raphael making a saddle so he can ride Chompy around.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 11:21 AM   #36
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo_Gecko View Post
Hey guys,
For me,

- I wished Kirby was more developed and given more of a personality. He seemed to only exist for plot purposes.

- I wish Mutagen Man had been developed and given a conclusion. I remember Ciro saying at one of the cons, that Timothy/Mutagen Man was going to be a big part of Season 2.

- I wish all the missing mutagen canisters had been dealt with.

- Speaking of Fishface and Dogpound/Rahzer, I wish they were more developed and used more. In the beginning both were threats but as the show went along they were easily defeated or hardly in any episodes. I LOVED both characters. And Seriously, why doesn't Fishface have legs? Other then reasons?

- To stop with all the homages. In season 3, it felt every episode was a nod to some movie. One or two here and there are fine but not every episode.

What does everyone wish could have been done? Any missed opportunities for you?
Those above I agree with (except I don't mind Fishface not having legs.)

Mine are:

Season 2 -Rahzar and Fishface being developed more into threats. My old idea was to actually have Rahzar challenge Shredder for leadership soon after the second mutation, thinking he's a lot more powerful now and can surpass his master. Not surprisingly he loses, but nearly not as bad as he would have have if he was still human or Dogpound. He gets cast out and takes a heavily reluctant Fishface with him as a easily controlled henchman, promising him that he can keep him out of jail because he is rich and famous and has connections. He creates his own rival faction of the Foot, and things come to a head in City at War, when he/Shredder/Karai all take their respective Foot factions and fight each other.

-This leads into Shredder taking on Tigerclaw, Bebop and Rocksteady as replacements since Karai and his two main henchmen left him.

-I would have not had this crossover with Fred Wolf. Not because I hate them but they have been homaged to death by this time already.

Season 3-

I would have dropped the goofy farmhouse stuff, as it is. Just have them be at the farmhouse, and learning how to adapt without having Splinter around and being city slickers in the country.

-No earth being destroyed. They simply delay a Triceraton invasion.

Season 4-
I would have dropped the whole space arc. From what I have read and understood, Wyrm is just as bad as Mr. Ogg, and I hate Mr. Ogg. Begone you crappy character, you are erased from existence!

Overall so far- I would have did away with April's powers. She's a Mary Sue at this point, the attempt to make a cheap 'strong female character' without actually doing the work and characterization to make her strong. Her being a koinochi is is simply now the icing on the cake.

-Took away the goofy cartoon animal-isms. Splinter lamenting his humanity is part of his character they set into him, him installing and running on a giant exercise wheel and eating cheese is goes against this earlier characterization.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 11:37 AM   #37
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Maybe some of these things will happen in season 5 but until they happen, I'll still list them here as missed opportunities:

1. Wrapping up the story of mutagen man

2. Not dwelving more into April's backstory and revealing what actually happened to her mother.

3. Having Apriltello vs Capril be nothing more than comic relief. I would've preferred April to end up with Casey at the end and Donatello has to learn to accept it, that would provide interesting character development for both Donnie and Casey.

4. Not providing a satisfactory conclusion to the Kraang, the closest we got to a conclusion was the season 3 mid finale. Atleast Shredder and the foot got a satisfactory end. I just feel like the Kraang should be more prominent, since they are like responsible for almost everything, from the creation of the mutagen to the war in Dimension X.

5. Not giving a satisfactory ending to Lord Dregg
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 02:19 AM   #38
evan2000
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
It looks like that's going to happen in the Turtle Babies episode.
I guess not, Raph already have a cracked plastron in the Turtle tots ep:

Unless it gets revisited somehow, I'm gonna just assume the events of "Turtles Take Time (and Space)" as canon:

Old 03-18-2017, 03:30 AM   #39
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan2000 View Post
I guess not, Raph already have a cracked plastron in the Turtle tots ep:

http://i.imgur.com/FTeAoP8.jpg
The episode hasn't aired yet so we probably still see how it happened.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 12:11 PM   #40
JH24
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
But he really wasn't forgotten about. Donnie said that it'd take about 70 years for him to thaw.
Wasn't that only if no one would free Timothy during that time? If I remember correctly they had to leave Timothy behind and Donatello said something along the lines of "Maybe the world will be a better place by then."

I always got the impression Donatello could thaw Timothy and administer a cure whenever he would find it. He promised Timothy just after he was frozen he would find a way to save him.

I really wish they would have mentioned it at least once.
JH24 is offline   Reply With Quote