The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 08-09-2014, 02:53 PM   #1041
ctt4lfecw
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiNinja89 View Post
The "dark, gritty" fad is overrated. Not everything has to be some grim exercise in depression. Especially the damn TMNT. And even if they did make a film sticking to the darker Mirage comics and stuff, there would be equal amounts of critics and people whining that the filmmakers are taking the source material too seriously and sucking the fun out of it.

And really, the Mirage stuff isn't even all that dark. It's more tongue-in-cheek subversive than outright grim.
^
As fans we should be outraged more than we are. They've really bastardized TMNT with all of their changes. And Im not being negative just for the sake, but this is not the TMNT I respect. Bay and friends took the cheap way out, and Im just not going to support it. To quote Splinter from the IDW comics "I will have no party to this disgrace."
ctt4lfecw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 02:54 PM   #1042
MogwaiNinja89
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonatelloFan1984 View Post
Preach. I am right there side by side with you. I am pissed, we live in a society nowadays though where the vocal are now the minority. 99% of the people in this world do not have the balls to stand up anymore and say wait just one second.
What is this? A website for social and political justice? Chill the hell out, it's a farking TMNT movie. Guess what, you never have to watch it again (if you even saw it) and can continue to enjoy all the past incarnations to your hearts content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctt4lfecw View Post
^
As fans we should be outraged more than we are. They've really bastardized TMNT with all of their changes. And Im not being negative just for the sake, but this is not the TMNT I respect. Bay and friends took the cheap way out, and Im just not going to support it. To quote Splinter from the IDW comics "I will have no party to this disgrace."
Ok, you don't respect this new film. Big deal. It's over. Don't watch it again. You people really need to stop acting like this film is some personal FU written and notarized by Bay.

Last edited by Jester; 08-09-2014 at 03:57 PM. Reason: 2x posts
MogwaiNinja89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 02:56 PM   #1043
DonatelloFan1984
Hench Mutant

Quote:
What is this? A website for social and political justice? Chill the hell out, it's a farking TMNT movie. Guess what, you never have to watch it again (if you even saw it) and can continue to enjoy all the past incarnations to your hearts content.
If you want I can post the pictures of my tickets, collectible cup set with toppers that I really wanted because I had lowered my expectations before I went in. I figured hell why not throw them some more of my money. That being after I bought 3 cases of figures back in june before they were even released. Don't give me that crap I didn't go and see it. I lost interest the minute splinter picked up that book and said he taught himself.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:57 PM   #1044
JTH
"ME"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrewtheMirageTMNT View Post
My favorite comic book movie of all time is batman (1989). I have watched the **** out of that since the late 80s and it never ceases to entertain me. TDK is crap imo, ledger was like some overrated emo joker, TDKR is good but in a guilty pleasure way cause bane comes off as being unintentionally funny when ever he appears, and actually, I like the cia agent guy or whatever he is. I really liked fichtner as the bank manager in tdk, him and two face were good, but two face was ****ing dumb cause he allowed joker off the hook. the man nearly killed him, ****ed him up, and killed his future wife.
"Anybody who knows me, knows I would never read a comic book." - Tim Burton

Yep. That pretty much explains Batman.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 02:58 PM   #1045
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Define what you mean by "wasn't involved" because anybody that attempts to bastardize source material would get nuclear heat and will have fans that won't forgive them or give their money to that movie. Even if it was changed after backlash.

Take out the name Michael Bay and replace it with say...Tim Burton.

Does your feelings change with what was originally attempted? For most people not, that fact that it was Bay just made people go: "Pfft, what else is new."
I don't know how much he was involved in this move because I expect he was more focused on Transformers 4. But all I know it was his company, Platinum Dunes is involved in the film and he probably just left it to some of the workers to deal with the movie.

So if it was another production company involved then people's opinions would be different.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 02:59 PM   #1046
MogwaiNinja89
Thug

Quote:
If you want I can post the pictures of my tickets, collectible cup set with toppers that I really wanted because I had lowered my expectations before I went in. I figured hell why not throw them some more of my money. That being after I bought 3 cases of figures back in june before they were even released. Don't give me that crap I didn't go and see it. I lost interest the minute splinter picked up that book and said he taught himself.
Ok, crazy-pants you saw it. Good for you. My comment wasn't an accusation. It was more of a sarcastic aside.

My point still stands. You're first comment can be copy and pasted to a political/social forum and be right at home. But no, it's a cry out for better TMNT films. It's pretty funny.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:59 PM   #1047
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

Quote:

Batman is one of the greatest films of all time! The Dark Knight Trilogy has the subtlety of a Toho Monster compared to the original Batman film.

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 03:00 PM   #1048
DonatelloFan1984
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
I don't know how much he was involved in this move because I expect he was more focused on Transformers 4. But all I know it was his company, Platinum Dunes is involved in the film and he probably just left it to some of the workers to deal with the movie.

So if it was another production company involved then people's opinions would be different.
Another production company might not have jacked it up. A different script may have potentially been wrote. We will never know.
Old 08-09-2014, 03:02 PM   #1049
MogwaiNinja89
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post

Bay was making TF4 while this was being made. I bet my salary his involvement was as minimal as can be. He hired Liebesman, maybe signed off on the writers and probably said "whatever, do your own thing. I'm gonna go make another buttload of doe with TF4, see you in a year."
Old 08-09-2014, 03:02 PM   #1050
Xiewin
Stone Warrior

All I want is a longer run-time, character development, and a good story. This film had none of that. I think TMNT deserved better, hopefully in a sequel they wouldn't make the same mistakes. But it's questionable whether they would decide to do such a thing if this film makes alot of money. You know, like transformers.
Xiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 03:03 PM   #1051
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrewtheMirageTMNT View Post
Nolan's batman movies were boring, too serious and terrible batman adaptations imo. Nolan at some point questioned the idea of batman having a yellow belt and didn't even want batman to have a cape, yeah that is your hero, nolanites. Your god.
I agree with that. It had pretty bad dialogue too.

CIA- You're a big guy!

Bane- For you.

That's an actual exchange between characters in Dark Knight Rises.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 03:03 PM   #1052
DonatelloFan1984
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Ok, crazy-pants you saw it. Good for you. My comment wasn't an accusation. It was more of a sarcastic aside.

My point still stands. You're first comment can be copy and pasted to a political/social forum and be right at home. But no, it's a cry out for better TMNT films. It's pretty funny.
If you think for one second because it was political/social in nature that they aren't connected your more out of touch then you come off. Everything is a cycle. Think circle of life. Society as a whole has gone down the toilet. A pg-13 rating for "violence" and the word "ass". Would have never been that way 20 years ago. The things we enjoy and do follow the social structure. In the words of Raph from a PG movie in 1990 "DAMN".
Old 08-09-2014, 03:03 PM   #1053
ScrewtheMirageTMNT
Hench Mutant

Quote:

The only reason he never bothered with comics is cause he did not know in which order to read them in, once he figured it out he became a fan. Burton's batman is like neal adam's batman and of course how batman was when he started off, like he didn't mind killing. Burton's batman was a tortured, dark, obsessed, crazy and eccentric man with a split personality. Him putting on the batman suit represented his craziness. At least that batman was super smart, hid in the shadows, didnt have a stupid cowl, didnt have an overly designed and ugly looking suit or a dumb ass voice.
ScrewtheMirageTMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 03:06 PM   #1054
MajorViolence
Stone Warrior

Phelous weighs in. Seems he hates it even more than TMNT 3.
Old 08-09-2014, 03:08 PM   #1055
MogwaiNinja89
Thug

Quote:
If you think for one second because it was political/social in nature that they aren't connected your more out of touch then you come off. Everything is a cycle. Think circle of life. Society as a whole has gone down the toilet. A pg-13 rating for "violence" and the word "ass". Would have never been that way 20 years ago. The things we enjoy and do follow the social structure. In the words of Raph from a PG movie in 1990 "DAMN".

Again, dude. This is just a TMNT forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorViolence View Post
Phelous weighs in. Seems he hates it even more than TMNT 3.
Shocker there.

Phelous is about the most annoying motherf--cker on the internet. I've always hated him. He's the worst person on the entire TGWTG website.

Last edited by Jester; 08-09-2014 at 03:52 PM. Reason: 2x posts
Old 08-09-2014, 03:11 PM   #1056
MajorViolence
Stone Warrior

Phelous is awesome.
Old 08-09-2014, 03:12 PM   #1057
JTH
"ME"

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post

CIA- You're a big guy!

Bane- For you.

It's half an exchange.

CIA - "If I pull that mask off, will you die?"

Bane - "It will be extremely painful..."

CIA: "What, you're a big guy."

Bane - "...for you."

Sounds a bit more sickening and evil.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 03:13 PM   #1058
fridaynightdestination
Banned

Well, here are my thoughts:

I thought it was a great TMNT experience overall! The turtles were great, the humor was great, the 3D was great, the action was great, The Shredder was mostly cool, so overall, it was a great experience, but it did have some issues. I'm gonna go over the pros and cons of this movie IMO:

+ The Turtles personalities were displayed great.
+ The action was fun and exciting.
+ Great 3D.
+ Some great, laugh out loud humor.
+ Will Arnett's character was great
+ Raph's monologue at the end.
+ Mikey's crush on April was funny.
+ Mikey: "I still don't understand the ending of Lost!" As a huge Lost fan, I thought that was hilarious
- It needed more focus on the turtles. They didn't really feel like the main characters in this, and that sucked. My biggest gripe with the movie.
- The villians were kinda bland.
-
Spoiler:
April's dad making the turtles and April used to having them as pets, and April saving them, that got on my nerves. The whole story doesn't need to be connected. I prefer April just being a random girl who just stumbled across the turtles. However, I appreciate them trying to change up the story.

- Not enough scenes of the turtles together.
- Some weird moments.
- You didn't really get the whole Family theme until the end. These guy's didn't feel like a family until the ending.

So overall, even though this movie did have plenty of issues, I think that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) was a great TMNT experience overall. 8.0/10
fridaynightdestination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 03:13 PM   #1059
Purse Grabbin Puke
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post

CIA- You're a big guy!

Bane- For you.

If you cherry pick half of a sequence of dialogue sure, you can make it seem bad. I mean what you put there, out of context makes 0 sense. You need the whole conversation.

Quote:
This is where I agree with you, this country is so scared to offend that now everything that is said or done is looked at under a microscope. I was listening to a podcast that interviewed the director of Skyline, and he said he had to make the alien's brains two colors because that's what the MPAA demanded, or the movie would be NC-17. I heard they cut the elevator scene down because it looks like Leo is twerking, and the MPAA would have given it an R rating. The amount of violence that is allowed in PG-13 movies is ridiculous, as long as it doesn't have naughty language or boobs. We all know words and sex will crush our children...it's ridiculous.

It's gotten so bad now people just get offended by dumb things like Mikey hitting on April...but it's totally ok for the GoTG movie focus on Zoe Saldana's ass every time she walked up steps...which was A LOT in that movie for some reason. People just like to pick and choose things to be offended at now.
Old 08-09-2014, 03:14 PM   #1060
MogwaiNinja89
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorViolence View Post
Phelous is awesome.

Nah, he's annoying as all get out. Glad you like him though.

Tags
reviews